Gear to help you conquer!
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 252829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1116

Thread: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Default Re: Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Ok, first, what's a footie, second, I have a COW HEAD on order. I doubt it'll fit in the oven but it might fit on my grill which is pretty good size.

If I get it, I SHALL take pics!

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

footie= my guess its football. the soccer kind.

and yes the greens are important in the food they say.. haha. it would be unhealthy without it.

and.. im waiting for the pizza is coming out of oven.. it is vegetable too! so says US CONGRESS! http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ngress-says-so

hahahah..
    im going all in for this kind of health food, so i will be eating only vegetables tonight. pizza. hah.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Footie, hmm, didn't think of football. Makes sence. Score 1 for Finland!

If ever in doubt, ask March. I'm sure he can convince you that whatever you eat or drink is good for you. The man is a genius.

A cow head?

I'd rather eat vegetables.

Which one of you knuckleheads is gonna pack up some real Cornish pasties and ship them to me? I'd like to try the real thing.

Cow head IS vegetables. Have you not read a word of what the professor (March) has said?

They eat grass and are therefore considered veggies...

As for the pastry, I'm sure they'll do it but will they not spoil?

Well we're getting on to winter, and I'm sure it could be packed in cold packs or something.

Yep, that'll work but that depends on the time in transit. I order food online all the time (well, when I have money) and it works fine but it's still the same country. Remember, you MIGHT get customs jerking you around,
    AND, the US are a little skiddish on bringing food in.

I once flew over here from Europe and had a banana (insert your comment here..) with me so they called agricultural department. This woman in uniform comes down, looks at my banana (here...) and squeezes it (and here...)
    and let's me take it with me into the US and NO, I'm not kidding.

You don't suppose I could wipe out an indigenous plant or animal species by releasing a pot pie into the wild, do you?

That's always what I assumed those regulations were to protect against.

When I travel to the US I always bring baked beans in my luggage and declare them. They always ask if there are sausages in there and when I say no they say that's fine and let me through. No queues and no wait. Then I give them to the first Brit that I meet.

Footie = football, soccer, yes. Pies are a footie tradition, they seem to be able to get them to about 1200 degrees Celsius and they strip the roof of your mouth off.

Anyway, homemade pizza again tonight, my mate Chris' birthday, so champagne and pizza!
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Flashaholic*

not sure if vegetables and champagne go well together but have fun anyways.
    *MaKiNG SeNSe iS NOT My PRioRiTy* *One is None, Two is One, But Butter is Better*
    *Flashaholism: DeeP DaRK HoLe im falling into, glad that I have my flashlights to light the way.*

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    You don't suppose I could wipe out an indigenous plant or animal species by releasing a pot pie into the wild, do you?

That's always what I assumed those regulations were to protect against.
    Hell, maybe if you release it into the wild, it might breed and you'll have all kinds of pies running around that you can hunt, come pot hunting season..

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    When I travel to the US I always bring baked beans in my luggage and declare them. They always ask if there are sausages in there and when I say no they say that's fine and let me through. No queues and no wait. Then I give them to the first Brit that I meet.

Footie = football, soccer, yes. Pies are a footie tradition, they seem to be able to get them to about 1200 degrees Celsius and they strip the roof of your mouth off.

Anyway, homemade pizza again tonight, my mate Chris' birthday, so champagne and pizza!
    You're a real mensch Nogg!

Charity is important, especially for the poor and needy

Champagne I'm sure can also be classified as a veggie or something so that and pizza should be great

Noggin, I have to tell you a story. Now that I have a face to go with the name, you showed up in a dream the other day. All I can recall is that I was in the city, out on the street walking, when suddenly I heard someone call to another person, Hey Noggin! It was so strange I turned around and saw you, the face looked right, and I said, Meganoggin?! And you said Yes. And I immediately laughed and explained that I was nbp and we had a good chuckle. Apparently you were in town for business of some sort. It was pretty funny. I had forgotten that dream till I was reading this thread again it resurfaced from the depths of my subconscious. No flashlights involved though.

On a sandwich note, I went to this place, the Brat Stop yesterday for the first time. Check out the site for a good history of the place as well as the menu and the shop. I was coming home from a Mopar show in Chicago my dad was showing his car at, and he took me there. He's been many times, it was my first time. A perfect example of traditional Wisconsin cuisine, and a real nod to our German and Polish heritage. It's a sports bar/banquet hall/cheese shop/beer shop/concert stage all under one roof. If you like cheese, sausages, and beer while watching football or music, this place rocks. It's a man's place for sure. I had a really amazing Reuben and a nice glass of Smithwick's. My dad had a Reuben too, another guy had a mountain of corned beef on light rye, and another guy had a couple big sausages and some beer-cheese soup. (Yes, beer cheese soup. More WI genius. It's fantastic. ) I also bought some great hot German Dusseldorf mustard from their shop. It's really coarse and dark and spicy. So good, can't wait to lather up a brat with that stuff. It's a really fun place to go, I'm gonna have to take the boys there sometime.

Wow npb, not sure if you are stalking me in my dreams, or your dreams ?!?!

How about you come to SHOT in January and we can find out if it was a premonition? I'll look after you I promise!
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    Wow npb, not sure if you are stalking me in my dreams, or your dreams ?!?!

How about you come to SHOT in January and we can find out if it was a premonition? I'll look after you I promise!
    Why? Did I show up in your dream too? That would REALLY be weird! Yeah, that was the whole thing that I could remember, just met you on the street and chatted. Given the nature of our meeting here, I probably should have taken you to lunch or something. Next time, I guess.

In regards to SHOT, I thought that was mostly a dealer show type thing and that they freaked out last year about regular peoples getting tickets and showing up...am I remembering correctly?

BTW, tonight I had a Three Cheese Butterburger at Culver's. Man, that was good. Two juicy patties, three pieces of cheese, mayo, onions, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and ketchup. Mmmmmuaah!

Noggin, I have to tell you a story. Now that I have a face to go with the name, you showed up in a dream the other day....
    This is where I would start to worry Nogg...

Quote Originally Posted by guiri

This is where I would start to worry Nogg...
    Knew you'd have a wisecrack Georgi.

Admit it. If I hadn't said anything you would have been disappointed, right?

Eh, didn't really matter one way or the other. Mostly just didn't want you to be like, Hmmm, what would Freud say about this? And then try to psychoanalyze me. I'm as sane a person as I have ever met......Though meeting people like you kinda strips some of the weight from that statement.

Yeah SHOT is trade only, I just assumed you were qualified.

That burger sounds nice

Flashaholic*

my old saying: "i have never claimed to be "normal", but everyone else, they are just ODD!"

and about premonitions and dreams, i do see dreams of things to happen sometimes. (runs in family it seems) i get these spurs of 3-4 nights in a row in which i see a dream of future (few weeks to a year ahead) then i might not see any premonition dreams for months (often not until most of the previous ones has happened).

i might see people in the dream that i have never met in my life, and still in the dream i know them, as it happens in future. so its a weird feeling when waking up.. you are aware of seeing or beeing with someone you dont know NOW at present time, but you will know them in FUTURE. and you wonder why you are in weird location with some stranger whose name you dont know yet but you "knew" that you are with friends and safe. (or in danger too.)

its just a brief glimpse of certain moment in time. and i see enough of it to know whats going on,and that i will recognize it when it happens, it can be vague enough so you cant force it to happen by deliberate choises. (like going to certain location with certain people and hope it will happen because you made the set-up.. no it needs to happen naturally) so often i cant see the "big picture".. just few small bits of the moment. i might recognize the location but most often i dont. its more about the people i am with. or the thing that will happen. (like driving around in a car and seeing yourself crash in certain junction.. and when the day comes, the moment closes up and i suddenly get the eeby-jeeby feeling of dejavu and "remember" whats happening next.. several times me slowing down in advance has proven to be a safe bet.. couple missed moose, one missed bus that ran a red light, one truck that came around the corner cutting in my lane.. to name a few that i remember now for "seeing in advance")

in the dream if the people in it are my friends or not i know it, i will not see them all or recognize them all.. some i know and others are just blur, but i will know if i know the blurry ones or not. if i try to focus on them blurred ones i loose the dream (and might start making it up as we go to see what i want to see, so it will turn into a "normal" dream)

i might not remember what i saw in the dream.. i just wake up knowing i saw something that will happen.

it is sometimes fun when you see an arguement you will have with someone in advance.. and then later as it really happens you can steer it to direction you want. as you can "change the future" abit then.. you know what reaction the other will have on something you say so you can choose either to say it and see the reaction happen, or you can take the high road and dont make the other one mad. hahah.

the pretty girl (just friends-one we talked about before) i "saw" her months before we actually met, but in my dream.. i saw the location we met (never been there before in my life, and didnt know we will be going there) so a strange place i was with friends i knew and then some i didnt know (friends friends) and still dont know (her friends) and her (that i knew i dont know her well yet but will know later on) as in other dream few days after the 1st one i saw her again (and in that dream, time had passed from the 1st dream and in that we did know each other and were friends).

-i couldnt of seen her before in my life as she just moved to this country few months before we met in real life.
    -back then she lived in another town too. so couldnt of met anywhere as i didnt go there and she didnt come here.
    -when i saw the dream i didnt know my friend will get married.
    -when i saw the dream i really didnt know where we will go to bachelor party (duh! offcourse)
    -and i only chose at the last minute, to go there into the island after day of celebration in the city, because i felt like i had to go. and at around 3 am, when i was going to bed a friend asked if i want to go and grill something for evenign snack still, with some people he met.. hmm so i once again felt eeby jeeby feeling, so i had to go. and there i actually met her and saw the moment i had seen in premonition dream.

Eh, didn't really matter one way or the other. Mostly just didn't want you to be like, Hmmm, what would Freud say about this? And then try to psychoanalyze me. I'm as sane a person as I have ever met......Though meeting people like you kinda strips some of the weight from that statement.
    All I got from that was, bla, bla, bla, kiss my a$$ George

Too many big words with too many letters for me

Where's ol' March?

Nonsence, you alive bro?

Can you guys take a guess WHO got stuck in the mud today with the dirt bike?

Last edited by guiri; 11-22-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    Where's ol' March?
    I'm back here in South Wales after my week up in (Very Cold) Rhyll , North Wales ... Went on trips to Chester , Llangollen and Llandudno whilst we were there ... I like Chester ... Beer and spirits in the hotel were silly prices ... Could've doubled the price of the holiday ... Went out into the cold to a pub (or few) then came back for the evenings entertainment at the hotel ... They only sold the wine in quarter bottles at about £3-80 each ... Over £15 for a bottle of "El-grotto" wine is just not on ... I get three bottles of fairly decent red wine for that money in our local supermarkets when they have the special deals on.

So I'm getting back to normal , having had a week with no Lidls Mango Chutney ... Can't understand a hotel that doesn't have Mango Chutney ... They didn't even have a curry on the menu ... Will have to do some research next time to avoid the necessity of having a curry at lunch time away from the hotel.

Even Egypt and Turkey had currys at the hotels.

I suppose we should have gone abroad for this week rather than North Wales ... It would have been warmer and the spicy food would have been on tap ... You see , even at 73 years of age , there are things to learn.

I'm broken.
    Spent the day yesterday up in the bonny hills of Glencoe and done two munros and a half in one day. (the half was because we had intended to climb the Tower ridge of Ben Nevis but early snow had left a dusting and we weren't prepared for a winter type climb so left n better judgement.)

The hill we ended up climbing was Aonach Eagach and walked along the ridge between two other hills which was interested considering the windy conditions. Great fun.

But....... When we finished we went to the Kings House Hotel on the way out and had a Venison burger which was the best. So tasty just a shame there was a group of red deer outside. Little did they know I was munching on some of their family.

Flashaholic*

or.. the deer did know.. thats why they were there in "silent accuse"-mode.. "make him feel bad for eatin aunty Em." heheh

too bad you didnt get to the top of the peak.. but better safe than sorry. winter trek do demand some more preparations. (getting stuck there in snow because an injury or something and not having enough clothes etc.. dangerous.)

but yeah.. we all know how things taste oh so good after long day outside..

and then going there on "normal" day it tastes just ok.. not like the best ever. not the manna from heaven

----------
    oh.. today.. just some toast with ham and tomato slices..

then macaroni casserole for dinner. with heavy dose of heinz ketchup.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by march.brown View Post
    I suppose we should have gone abroad for this week rather than North Wales ... It would have been warmer and the spicy food would have been on tap ... You see , even at 73 years of age , there are things to learn.
    Absolutely! Let this be a lesson for you March...

Quote Originally Posted by Acid87 View Post
    I'm broken.
    Spent the day yesterday up in the bonny hills of Glencoe and done two munros and a half in one day. (the half was because we had intended to climb the Tower ridge of Ben Nevis but early snow had left a dusting and we weren't prepared for a winter type climb so left n better judgement.)

The hill we ended up climbing was Aonach Eagach and walked along the ridge between two other hills which was interested considering the windy conditions. Great fun.

But....... When we finished we went to the Kings House Hotel on the way out and had a Venison burger which was the best. So tasty just a shame there was a group of red deer outside. Little did they know I was munching on some of their family.
    Sounds like you had a spankin' time...now, what the hell is a munro?

Did I tell you I've placed an order for a cows head?

Bought some smoked pork neck bones yesterday for the first time. Not bad.

So, I guess it will be turkey sammiches all next week? Happy Thanksgiving Guys!

For those of you who haven't tried it, deep fried turkey is the way to go

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 252829303132333435363738 LastLast