Opinions on Spyderco Stretch Vs. Endura FFG

WDR65

Enlightened
I'm wanting to get a longer blade than my Delica's and I've been looking hard at the Stretch. Just wondering if anyone here had one and how they felt about it compared to an Endura. I'm just not sure it's worth the extra 20 dollars, performance wise that is.
I just bought a Para 2 and really like it but prefer not to use it for day to day mundane tasks. So the hunt begins again. Thanks.

carrot

Flashaholic
Nothing wrong with using the Para2 day to day for mundane tasks.

I like the Stretch better than the Endura FFG. Between the two it's a toss-up and you'll get very similar performance out of them. The Stretch also has a thinner blade, which will make it a better slicer but not necessarily a LOT better.

However, I like the looks of the Stretch better and it's pretty much agreed amongst most that the Stretch has a much nicer, more hand-filling handle. The Endura is designed as a generalist: it wants to be good at all tasks, so it's pretty comfortable in all hand positions. The Stretch is clearly optimized for sabre-grip for slicing and deep-cutting. Whether that justifies paying more is up to you. I'd do it. I enjoy the Stretch far more than the Endura, but I'd be satisfied to have either as a daily user.

WDR65

Enlightened
Carrot,
I'll keep the Stretch in consideration. I plan on getting both but was trying to budget just for one right now, at least for this month. The Stretch might end up being the first one I get, just because it is different. I do like the handle shape too, maybe I can find one around here to get a feel for it before I order.

As for the Para II. Mundane wasn't exactly what I should have said. Slicing rope, seatbelt strap, burlap, and twine isn't what I bought the knife for even if that's what I do most days. I like carrying it though even if my plan for it was to become my go to hunting and outdoor pocketknife, a companion to my sheath knives. Now I might have to buy another just so I can keep one ready to go when I hit the woods since I like the carrying it so much.