My (awful) experience with Lummi (more than 1 year waiting, lied and ignored)

jalbam

Newly Enlightened
Was I ripped off by Lummi? They lied me many times and I lost my money. I am still waiting for my items.

More than 1 year waiting, reading and answering their lies, and last time they didn't even reply my last email!

This is a copy of my E-Mails sent to him and a resume of his answers (I didn't include his E-Mail replies as it seems is not allowed here and my previous post was deleted because of that):

[5th of March of 2010] *** This was my order:

Description:10180 Cell Wee NS/Ti, Item no:

Unit price:5.00 GBP

Qty:1

Amount: GBP

Description:Wee SS, Item no: , lumens Choice: 100

Unit price:49.00 GBP

Qty:1

Amount: GBP

Subtotal : GBP

Postage and packing: 5.00 GBP

Total: 59.00 GBP

Payment: 59.00 GBP

[8th of March of 2010] *** Then I received this E-Mail:

He asked me to wait 10-15 days

[8th of March of 2010] *** So I replied:

Hi,

You're welcome, thanks to you.

I am looking forward it! :)

Kisses,

Joan.

[13th of April of 2010] *** I didn't receive my order and not even a single email notification, so I wrote again:

Hello,

Please let me know if you have already sent me the order. I am looking forward it.

Thank you in advance,

Joan.

[13th of April of 2010] *** He replied me:

He was sorry about the delay and asked me to wait more, promising he would send it as soon as possible, aiming for the next two weeks

[13th of April of 2010] *** So I replied him:

Hello Rob,

Oh ok don't worry I was just wondering about what happened because you told me about 20-15, but it's alright. I am sorry to be so impatient :) hehehe.

Thanks for you reply.

Cheers,

Joan

[3rd of July of 2010] *** Again, no order received and not E-Mail notification either. I wrote:

Hello Rob,

Have you already sent my order? I am afraid I didn't receive anything yet.

You asked me to wait 10-15 days and it has already been almost four months since that.

I saw you have stock and sending orders here https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/273006 (also https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/180135 and http://lummiblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/getting-on-top-of-back-orders.html).

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Joan

[5th of July of 2010] *** He replied me:

He was sorry again and ask me for wait more time. He told me that in the next couple of weeks more components would be on hand letting him to complete my order.

[25th of February of 2011] *** I didn't receive anything again, not even information, so I wrote:

Hello Rob,

I placed my order almost 1 year ago, but I have not received it yet.

Could you send it to me, please?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Joan

[21st of March of 2011] *** I am still waiting for his answer. My email has not even replied. I don't have any of my items which I ordered and paid. I don't have my money. I lost my money and my time. I have been lied. I have been ignored. I am sorry about my English, I am from Spain. What can I do now, more than one year later? I hope my experience helps other people who are still wondering about buying or not from Lummi. I can't recommend them at all. And I am not the unique one with this kind of experience dealing with them!

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

You're welcome, thanks to you.

I am looking forward it! :)

Kisses,

Joan.

What? You sent him "Kisses" upon first email reply?
that might be where the problem started...:crackup:

Last edited:

jalbam

Newly Enlightened
Hahaha, I am still learning English so sometimes I use not very correct and common words, I am sorry :D haha

Erindjah

Newly Enlightened
The same for me!
I'm waiting since 30. October 2009!
After several emails that some things of my order are missing, now he don't answer my emails.
Rob, if you read this, please contact me!

Thanks
Florian

DrAT

Newly Enlightened
Me first. I ordered in September 2009. My last 3 messages remain unanswered. Lummi seems to have a new project on the go now. I think I've seen the last of my money to be honest. Decent companies do not treat their customers like this. I have a list of e-mails promising delivery but no torch. Lummi has just stopped answering now.
If anyone is interested, we could contact Trading Standards. It's only worthwhile if there are a few of us from past experience. Perhaps we might be heard if we posted to Lummi on Twitter or FaceBook?

Last edited:

mglamb

Newly Enlightened
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I have been following Lummi's pathetic track record and numerous jeers for the last year or so. Frankly, I'm amazed that he still has a forum here on CPF since it appears (to me) that Arc got booted for much less. It gives him an appearance of legitimacy that he just doesn't have anymore. I like DrAT's idea of posting to Twitter and Facebook, let the rest of the world know what's going on and what to expect if you give this man your money. Just my .02.

smack2000

Newly Enlightened
I've had one deal with Lummi -- about 3 years ago, and it took me 3 months to get my light (about 2 months longer than originally promised). That's not so bad compared to what's going on here, and I've been promised shorter lead times and have had to wait longer with other makers. Since I'm surprised not to see Rob respond to this thread, I would suggest maybe you look him up on Facebook as 'Rob Lummi Cheetham', where he posts regularly.

shlfn1

Newly Enlightened
Another one here, about $300 AU ordered on 26th April 2010, never actually ignored but then I gave the email to and fro a rest for 3 months hoping he would just get on with it, no such luck I'm afraid.

jason331

Newly Enlightened
I'm still waiting on my October 2010 light that was "mailed March 22, 2011" but still hasn't shown up yet. I really don't want to ask for my money back because I know these lights are very high quality and generally worth the wait, but I'm becoming less hopeful each day. I have lost track of the number of times my light was promised to be mailed the following week only to continually receive the same answer when the next week arrived.

thebeans

Newly Enlightened
What amazes me is that people are still sending this guy money!! I mean, really?? With all the stories of people waiting YEARS and still not getting what they order people seem to think that maybe they will be treated better. I wonder too why he is still allowed to sell on CPF when he is obviously just a crook. I'm sorry for all you that have lost money to this guy. Sad....

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
What amazes me is that people are still sending this guy money!! I mean, really?? With all the stories of people waiting YEARS and still not getting what they order people seem to think that maybe they will be treated better. I wonder too why he is still allowed to sell on CPF when he is obviously just a crook. I'm sorry for all you that have lost money to this guy. Sad....

Agreed.

Like jason331 said above your post he doesn't want to "ask for my money back because I know these lights are very high quality and generally worth the wait"... no way is anything worth the wait after lies and months of waiting!
The would make it seem less worth the wait to me!

If something is marked as "sent" it should be one it's way, not "going to be delivered in a week or two (or months or years)"

Pure disgrace!

I agree with the maintenance of the Lummi sub forum. Yes the threads may make people aware, but it definitely gives the appearance of support by the CPF community... especially for new comers!

Very sad, and Rob should feel extremely guilty.

Committing fraud isn't a nice thing.

flashflood

Enlightened
I would suggest maybe you look him up on Facebook as 'Rob Lummi Cheetham', where he posts regularly.

At first I thought this was a joke, like that fictitious law firm "Dewey, Cheetham and Howe". But I looked it up, and sure enough, that name is on Facebook. Of course, that may be a made-up name. If so, it's the world's least subtle tell...

fedexbox

Newly Enlightened
The irony of cheetham - the guy really took his name literally. How did you guys pay him? Take the next step whatever thay may be.

ducat

Newly Enlightened
I have now been waiting two years for the locators for my raw ns to turn up.

I have today emailed lummi requesting either a refund or my locators.

I have given him seven days to respond, and then I intend to take the matter to trading standards, and then to the police, as I am sure his actions indicate he intends to permanantly deprive me of my property, which contravenes section 1 (1) of the Theft Act 1972.

I mean it. This is one patient man whos had enough of this apology for a company.

jalbam

Newly Enlightened
Just for our information:

Rob Cheetham or Orb or however he is called, the owner of Lummi, has still not answered me. But he is alive as you can see in his web site (http://www.lummi.co.uk/Lummi_Home.html), he updated it recently:

Lummi Site last updated.
20 MAY 2011

Well, I really thought he was jailed due his business practices. But it seems not. He has even had the time to create a new product: http://www.lummi.co.uk/iStiki.html

I am afraid he is just ignoring emails from customers (at least from the ones who has already payed). He is also ignoring this sub-forum, his own one.

do15

Newly Enlightened
Just for our information:

Rob Cheetham or Orb or however he is called, the owner of Lummi, has still not answered me. But he is alive as you can see in his web site (http://www.lummi.co.uk/Lummi_Home.html), he updated it recently:

Lummi Site last updated.
20 MAY 2011

Well, I really thought he was jailed due his business practices. But it seems not. He has even had the time to create a new product: http://www.lummi.co.uk/iStiki.html

I am afraid he is just ignoring emails from customers (at least from the ones who has already payed). He is also ignoring this sub-forum, his own one.

I feel your pain.
For what it's worth, Rob responds to my emails as long as they are not tagged as 'urgent' and there is no receipt confirmation attached. He asks for more time.

Cheers,

Dariusz

DrAT

Newly Enlightened
I think it's time for some group action. Is anyone interested? My guess is that Trading Standards receive the odd complaint but might do something if they get a 'batch'. There is money to be refunded, I would think, with the success of Lummi's new iPhone product. That's if anyone is sent their order. Previously, I saw a thread asking for time because of 'problems', perhaps business, perhaps personal; I don't know. If there's no money left, Lummi should be closed.