Blackburn System X6 led and battery upgrade

Realbadlarry

Newly Enlightened
I got a couple "new" systems. I odered the Cree XML leds and now need to address the batteries. I get a little over an hour on a charge. There is a 4/3 AF 5 cell 6v 3600mAh hump battery in the pack. Anyone know if upgrading to a 4500mAh battery will mess ups the charging or even last longer? Should I just stick with 3600mAh replacements? I'm new to this so be gentle...Won't the 4500s last longer in theory?

Microa

Enlightened
Upgrading to a 4500mAh will increase 25% of the capacity and the charging time is about one and a half hour. Is it worth to upgrade is depending on your requirement and for what cost you should pay for.

Realbadlarry

Newly Enlightened
the battery had a red/black/white/blue wire coming out of it? Would that just be 2 pos and 2 neg wires? Anyone know where to get the heatshrink wrap to make packs out of single batteries?

Realbadlarry

Newly Enlightened
Well I got the leds in tonigt....Great lights...Now I have to get the battery to give me more than a hour of run time.

Realbadlarry

Newly Enlightened
Well, this stuff is addicting. Built the welder, got the cells, now I have some cool lights. The XMLs are nice and bright, and last test got over 2 hrs of runtime on the new batteries. 4600mha. Haven't run them to the end yet, so maybe 4hrs?

Thanks for the ideas and help....now my next project....dewalt packs.....:devil:

Microa

Enlightened
Welcome to the addicter's club. Sooner or later you will consider to buy a mill and a lathe if you don't have one.