• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of Makai 6V XM-L lights

McGizmo

Flashaholic
2-28-13 : These are back in stock again.

Makai-6V-XM-L.jpg

Makai-XML.jpg

Hi guys,
This thread is an offering for the Ti Makai as detailed below with the exception that a Cree XM-L LED is used in place of the XP-G LED.

MakaiAssy-3D-X-Section.jpg

This offering is for a Makai head that includes a Buck 3S converter designed to run on ~4-9 volt battery supply and drives the LED at ~1400 mA

The Makai 6V XM-L Head is $350 + postage

If you want to get a complete light you can go for a

Makai 6V -XM-L 2x123 which would be $580 + postage

These lights are available on first come first serve basis; as determined by e-mail orders I receive which are clear, concise and include the must have information:

In the subject line of the E-mail please state: Makai 6V XM-L Head or if you want a complete light , Makai 6V-XM-L 2x123
Your CPF name
(if you have one)
Your real name and mailing address
phone number if international shipment
Any exceptions to standard shipping, which is priority mail.
If the shipment is domestic and you want insurance, please so state. (No insurance offered on international shipments)*

For my general info on how I process these offerings, please refer to THIS THREAD. For more information on the Makai, please review THIS THREAD.

All of these lights sport some tool marks and various cosmetic singularities. Some may be obvious and some you may need to look closely for.

If you receive one of these lights and decide that it does not meet your expectation then you can either lower your expectations or simply send the light back for a full refund. I won't offer an exchange for probably obvious reasons. (please don't abuse this offer)

Like all of my Ti lights, the Makai is designed to be sealed from the environment and external pressure but I make no claim or suggestion that it is a dive or underwater light.

Thanks guys! :bow:

* shipping is via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation or Global Priority mail. If you wish shipping via an alternative method, or signature confirmation or insurance on domestic shipments only, please specify in your e-mail order. If you want insurance, I will also add the expense and option of signature confirmation to your shipment.

Last edited:

mikes1

Enlightened
Email sent for a Makai 6V XM-L

Wow I can't believe I am the first one to grab one of these beauties!

It's funny I was just about to pull the trigger on a new knife yesterday but something told me to hold fire. I now know why

Thanks Don :bow: :bow:

Mike

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome light! Don, do you have any beamshots of this beast? Comparisons against the Makai xp-g would be sweet!

W8HF

Newly Enlightened
Email sent for a Makai 6V XM-L Head

Looking forward to this new addition!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Awesome light! Don, do you have any beamshots of this beast? Comparisons against the Makai xp-g would be sweet!

The few beam shots I have taken in the last couple years have been in my back yard but it is no longer a good location thanks to the growth of some plants and trees as well as an addition on my rear deck. :thinking: I need a suitable location.....

Aepoc

Enlightened
Hey Don, sorry for posting this in your wave thread but I was wondering if you could point me to the right place for purchasing a few of the XM-L leds. I'm having trouble finding a reliable source. Perhaps you would be interested in selling a few from your personal stash... I'm working on a tri-emitter Mag. Thanks in advance for any help.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Don, sorry for posting this in your wave thread but I was wondering if you could point me to the right place for purchasing a few of the XM-L leds. I'm having trouble finding a reliable source. Perhaps you would be interested in selling a few from your personal stash... I'm working on a tri-emitter Mag. Thanks in advance for any help.

http://illuminationsupply.com/diy-parts-c-12.html?zenid=1de855ec341636b641912e28cba98b49

That is a beautiful light.:thumbsup: What kind of throw do you get with the XM-L?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Coach, :wave:
No problem with making a single cell version. I have been meaning to build just such a light engine to see how the XM-L compares to the XP-G at the lower drive level. I think the XM-L has some potential in the Mule and possibly SunDrop XR-U heads as well.

You're not the only lazy one! :)

chef4850

Enlightened
XM-L Mule! When can I sign up?

I think that would be fantastic. Don if this does come to be I am in for one.

thanks brother.

Chef

chef4850

Enlightened
I recieved the XM-L Makai today and although it is not dark yet I did some white wall comparisons with the 1x123 XP-G Makai.

Here is what I am seeing:

Beam is flawless (as always) with a VERY slight lavender hue (on high) on the outside of the spill. I am sure that this will not be noticable in out door use. This is NO where near the "angry blue" of some beams and to be honest. I find it very pleasing but want to use it outside tonight to see if it is still visible at longer distances.

The brightness between the 1x123 XP-G and 2x123 XM-L is pretty similar and not drastically brighter than the XP-G. The spill is brighter and the hot spot is a little less crisp with the XM-L and IMO I like the beam of the XM-L a lot better. I am really courious to see if it out throws the XP-G later tonight.

The feel in hand is also a lot better for me. It seems to fit my hand a little better (more to grip). This is such a beautiful light and everytime I look at it it kind of looks "retro". Like an old fashoined light brought up to todays standards. Kind of what the auto makers were doing a few years back (but in a more appealing way). VERY COOL!

Don's lights are always stellar to say the least and with all the McGizmo lights that I have aquired over the past few years I have yet to be dissapointed in one of Don's lights.

Great job Don! Keep up the great work!

Just some of my thoughts for what it is worth.

Chef

The Coach

Enlightened
Hi Coach, :wave:
No problem with making a single cell version. I have been meaning to build just such a light engine to see how the XM-L compares to the XP-G at the lower drive level. I think the XM-L has some potential in the Mule and possibly SunDrop XR-U heads as well.

You're not the only lazy one! :)

Hey Don,
fire.jpg

This would be my reaction to a single cell XM-L Makai head.