Little Sunwayman V10R Titanium Pimpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Hello!

Yesterday i had some time to pimp my Sunwayman V10R Titanium. This is a real keeper,
build of massive titanium (not like other titanium series lights). ;)

I heatcolored the bezel and the ring that holds the Clicky in place, i also made a lanyard
with a titanium bead that was made by a good friend of mine. :grin2:

Some pics:
v10r5_ti_001.jpg

v10r5_ti_002.jpg

v10r5_ti_003.jpg

v10r5_ti_004.jpg

Thanks for looking! :wave:

Last edited:

jjoustfrost

Newly Enlightened
very nice!! makes me want the titanium version even more now...
where did you get the orange tailcap?

toby_pra

Flashaholic
What do you mean with cleaning?

This one was not treatet or something like that, before i heatcolored it. BTW, i am happy with th
result. I dont like these rainbow-design. ;)

Which heat burning source have you choosed?

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Well, cleaning is very very important because what you're doing when you heat the titanium is actually oxidising the outer layer by applying heat. Anything that's on there (dust, moisture or fat from your fingers) will contaminate the titanium and make the end-result look 'spotted' or for lack of a better term rusted/rotten because the newly formed layer will be no-where uniform (and its the thickness of the oxide layer that determines the color). When heating with a less than perfect burning flame you will make things even worse, all kinds of ugly carbon deposits will work their way into the oxide layer again making the result worse.

Don't get me wrong, if the result you got is what you wanted than its mission accomplished of course! But for a clean even color (or rainbow effects as you call it) you need clean proper material and a decent flame. I myself prep with various de-greasers, polish compounds and acids and i use a proper butane burner running on clean gas (invisible, orderless flame without any smoke). Gives great results every time!

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
Wow the light is fantastic. I'm not sure I'd put a flame to it. With my luck I would ruin it. I cant even find one for sale on-line. And the lanyard is very cool!!!!! I'm jealous.
Thanks again for the great pics. Enjoy.

toby_pra

Flashaholic
With the heat to the bezel or retaining ring, there is nothing you can do wrong.

After all i will give the bezel a new finish, with a better blue and post
pics again soon.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Yesterday i had some time to pimp my Sunwayman V10R Titanium. This is a real keeper,
build of massive titanium (not like other titanium series lights). ;)

I heatcolored the bezel and the ring that holds the Clicky in place, i also made a lanyard
with a titanium bead that was made by a good friend of mine. :grin2:

v10r5_ti_001.jpg
Toby, I love the coloring on the bezel and would really like to see the whole light with that finish!

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might try this on my Quark AA. It's rough as guts already, and will look very "industrial" with heat treatment :)

RepProdigious

Enlightened
i have a Ti v10r on the way and am also interested in anodizing the entire light

in this video, the guy literally dipped his flashlight in a solution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVhRPfFLvqo
i don't know if that method would work with the v10r

If you can disassemble the light than heat is easier..... all you need is your basic gas-stove (so no chemicals, inverters or whatever).

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
I finally got my V10R on Friday and love it. I am amazed at all the different ways to personalize ones light. I still like that Titanium bead on the lanyard any way of getting one?
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.