Storacell
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoppe is up. What would you like to see on the Sandwich Shoppe?

Default Shoppe is up. What would you like to see on the Sandwich Shoppe?

We have had request for new LEDs.
    Is there interest for optics as well?

Other suggestions? Please post.
    We will look into some new products.

Default Re: Shoppe is up. What would you like to see on the Sandwich Shoppe?

Loose forward clicky switches that will handle 3A and not cost a mint.

XML's, cool and neutral.

Triple and quad XPG stars-Carlco optics to match.

P60 empty pills and reflectors.

That's a start-no one wants Luxeons any more!

Rich

Flashaholic*

Larger reflectors than the McR27s. Speaking of which, when do you expect to have more stock of McR20s?

I'd love to see you come out with some 2.5-3A buck drivers that can be used in P60 drop-ins. I know that there are thermal limitations to using such a thing in a P60, but, I have my own solution to that problem.

How about a 1.5-2A boost driver that would fit a P60?

P60 driver. Can you be a little more specific?

What is the dimensional requirements? A P60 is what battery configurations?

Wayne

I would like to purchase high CRI emitters above 90 CRI and around 5000K CCT. Namely xp-g, and nichia 119
    Cheers from the McGizmo state.

Those new U2 binned XM-L's at 5700K, cutter has them.
    R5 XP-G's of various tints, particular interest for me would be 2C/2D ish tint.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by dat2zip View Post
    P60 driver. Can you be a little more specific?

What is the dimensional requirements? A P60 is what battery configurations?

Wayne
    Wayne, they're nominally 17mm in diameter, have a negative ring and a positive contact on one side with the circuitry on the other. Height is not critical up to about 5 or 6mm. Typical batteries could be anything from a single CR123a (3V) to three 18650s (12.6V fresh off the charger). Most buck drivers support down to about 3.3V, leaving out the CR123a primary users. Your GD series boards would be perfect if they were 17mm in diameter for those folks who want to run a single 18650 or CR123a primary.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by maxspeeds View Post
    I would like to purchase high CRI emitters above 90 CRI and around 5000K CCT. Namely xp-g, and nichia 119
    Big +1 to this, although either 119 or 183 for the Nichias would be fine with me.
    Finning does help dissipate heat. This is why the fins are removed before cooking fish. Otherwise it will throw off the heat and not reach the proper cooking temperature. --Duglite

A 17mm diam GD would be great for single Li-ion applications. A 17mm SOB would be great for multi-cell lights. Higher power would be nice for the XM-L (3A) and even the XP-G (1.5A). An incandescent driver would be "hot" (for C and D Mag mods)!

Flashaholic*

at about the possibility of a brass ring to adapt the 14mm drivers to a 17mm space? I was thinking of doing this for the drop-in that I'm going to be making for my G2.

Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees

I know it's asking a lot, but I think many people would like to see a 17mm or 18mm driver with a positive contact spring (to clear components that would likely have to be on both sides of the board) that would buck at least 2 Li-ion (preferably 3) cells to drive an XM-L (or other single die) at 2.5-3 amps. Of course, some people will want multiple levels, but many would be happy to have just 1 if that is all that can be easily arranged.

Quote Originally Posted by PCC View Post
    at about the possibility of a brass ring to adapt the 14mm drivers to a 17mm space? I was thinking of doing this for the drop-in that I'm going to be making for my G2.
    The challenge with a brass ring is that several components on the 14mm drivers like the BBNG, GD, and SOB are very close to the board edge or right on the edge. Instead of going with a workaround solution that risks shorting out the driver, I'd prefer a ground-up solution based on a new 17mm diam design. I know you can move some components slightly in-board, which I've done with the inductor on the SOB for example, but there are still other components close to the edge.

Plus, thermal management is that much more challenging with the smaller 14mm boards. It can be tough enough with the bigger Sharks and Blue Sharks.
    Last edited by Justin Case; 04-02-2011 at 09:41 PM.

let me be very specific:

High CRI XPG: Put it on a 14mm star.

Cutter has the bare led not on star. This the Highest kelvin High CRI XPG available. The rest are too yellow.
    This is the highest Bin High CRI XPG, the R2 Bin.
    This will be hot!
    XPG R2 bin High CRI 80 CRI, 4000K Neutral: XPGWHT-H1-000-00EE5

Better yet, develop a Copper star & mount it on it, you are back to bleeding edge

My Mods.. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...5&postcount=78
    Hobby only, I don't do custom mods as a service, thanks for understanding.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    The challenge with a brass ring is that several components on the 14mm drivers like the BBNG, GD, and SOB are very close to the board edge or right on the edge. Instead of going with a workaround solution that risks shorting out the driver, I'd prefer a ground-up solution based on a new 17mm diam design. I know you can move some components slightly in-board, which I've done with the inductor on the SOB for example, but there are still other components close to the edge.

Plus, thermal management is that much more challenging with the smaller 14mm boards. It can be tough enough with the bigger Sharks and Blue Sharks.
    Good point.

I wonder what happened to the beginning of my previous post?

I second Mudman's request. Also, I would like to see more of the PTS-2 D sized heat sinks become available. I'm having a hard time finding the right sink for a triple XML mag D mod...
    EDC: HDS Ra Clicky T SN7156 (100L WWGD) or Lunasol 20 (I can't choose between the two)
    Favorites: Sub 1-D Tri-XML Copper Mag | DBS V3 XML w/ Aspheric Lens | Leaf/SF MN21 Turbo Lego | The Kroma

Besides the xml stuff and optics, I would love to see an input filter setup for automotive uses. A lot of people want to make their own stuff for use on 12 volt auto stuff. Working with the 12volt charging system can be "swingy"...

SOOO many people in the motorcycle world are chomping at the bits for LED auxillary and driving lights because of the low current draw and sorry charging systems on most bikes!

Completed mule heads with High CRI Nichia 083 or 119 LEDs. Single mode. Usual grey anodize

3-stage U2-bin XM-L Aleph L.Es with a high of 2A+
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

XM-L TIRS please! Also, U2 bins XM-Ls on any sized star... Triple XM-L round 20mm PCBs... Efficient buck drivers that can handle 12-18V @3A...

Please...

How about some updated A19 light engines? They haven't been updated for years
    Top bin XP-E or XP-G would be nice. single mode

McClicky compatible tail switch for the mag D would be nice. There are many more dropins and upgrades available for the Mag D than the mag C so would sell better.

Modamag did not make the MagClick for the Mag D because it cost more than double the Mag C cost. Buy a Mag C and try out the MagClick C

Modamag did not make the MagClick for the Mag D because the parts cost more than double the Mag C price. Buy a Mag C and try out the MagClick C

We are looking to buy some LEDs and optics now.

What diameter Carclo tri and/or quad optics do people want?

Can someone provide optics P/N, for which LED?

Any single LED optics? What size?

We will a couple bin of Cree XM-L and XP-G

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Ms_SS; 07-20-2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: add

I'd like to see an Aleph head for an McR 18mm or 20mm reflector (black, please). Also, I'd like more of the Aleph 1.5X123 (1x17500) Power Pack-Black to be in stock. The inventory currently shows "0". You also need more of the McTC tail caps in black. I can't even find the listing on the site.
    Until further notice, I am not accepting new mod requests.

Flashaholic*

Something that I've wanted to see lately: 10mm versions of the Mad Max series of driver boards as well as the BBNG drivers. Yes, I know, space constraints. I can work with a thicker driver if you end up having to add a second PCB for more real estate, but, I cannot use a 14mm board on a AAA light that has an OD of 14mm.

Just get the modamag pts2 heatsinks back in stock! Also, a triple and quad XML 50mm optic would be nice. So would Ledil Boom reflectors for MC-E (they work with XML's) And for God's sake get updated LED's!! Like XM-L neutrals

Rich

Assembled GDuP LEs with XM-Ls, High level of 1.5A would be nice
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

Flashaholic

P60 sized driver with output for XP-G (etc), max 1.5A with a decently low low, something like 20mA would be sweet. Prefer single Li-ion cell.

Cheers,
    Nova

another +1 for small boards for single li-ions.
    Something smaller than P60 would be welcome too. I see lots of lights with the 3-2-1-sos-strobe interface I'd love to see replaced.

I have a couple of old Arc LSs with FluPic drivers; he's retired, I don't know anything comparable available.

I'd quit paying attention for a while and nowadays I see mostly cheap drivers that don't seem all that reliable.

My first Shoppe M@g dropins are all still in use, mostly in cutdown miniminiM@gs with AA Li-ion cells, working fine.

The attention to efficiency and longevity really counts after quite a few years.