Maxpedition - Knives and Tools
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CUSTOM QUAD P60 XPG Drop-ins. Up to 1654 Lumen OTF!

Default Re: CUSTOM QUAD P60 XPG Drop-ins. Up to 1654 Lumen OTF!

Im mainly making this post because all of my data was lost and I have to begin over again. What is the status on the Septa?

Is there anything new in the works?

Unenlightened

Would it be possible to order another Fetie switch to go with the light that I orderd ?
    And do you have the HiCRI XP-G LEDs in stock, or are you special ordering them?
    Last edited by pmorris; 07-05-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Jesse,
    Great to hear the walkout is over and you are back in business. Here's an order to help get things moving again.

I would like a R4 Neutral 5000K, L-M-H, Copper, 5.6A, Carclo Plain Tight + 2 FETtie switches. I believe this comes to $431. The free USA expedited, tracked and insured shipping is greatly appreciated. Please PM me with your PayPal info. (Sorry if this was in the thread. I didn't see it, but probably overlooked something.) Thanks.
    barry
    Jesse, . Thanks.

barry

PP just sent for another 5.6A Quad & a FETtie. This one with the HiCRI XP-Gs & Carclo optic.

I'm having some difficulty locating a 26650 host. What are my battery options (if any) with a 6P or 9P body?

Enlightened

Jesse,
    Just a quick question: Can the driver you are using be programed to a High-Medium-Low configuration? Thanks.
    barry

Quote Originally Posted by AZVern View Post
    I'm having some difficulty locating a 26650 host. What are my battery options (if any) with a 6P or 9P body?
    Need a 18650 capable "6P". A Surefire 6P will not take a 18mm ("18" in 18650) cell. So need a bored 6P, or a "similar" body that was made originally for 18 mm cells. FiveMega made them - look in the marketplace (not Candle Power Forum "proper") http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/for...ealer-s-Corner and look for a thread selling 18mm capable bodies. Believe it's "Wonderlite" selling them.

Then need good quality 18650s - look at the AW thread in dealers corner. Lighthound.com also sells AW cells as does oveready.com - the 2900 mah will take the load. That's what I use for my 5.6A drop in. Mine reside in Oveready custom Ano'd bored surefire bodies. Not cheap but nice.....
    Last edited by nfetterly; 07-10-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Excellent! I have 3 hosts i can send out for boring, or buy one of the ready mades. Probably option 2 since I don't feel like waiting. And I have two other lights that run 18650's. Thanks a bunch for the info.

pmorris, Yes you can purchase another FETtie. I am assembling your drop-in today and it will be ready to ship. I received the LEDs you wanted with that package that took a couple months to get because of the strike, all ready to go now though. High CRI XPGs are special order so far because I don't buy enough at a time to get the bulk discount to pass along. I will have some in stock soon though, as I've ordered enough to do a few drop-ins.

efi5hd, Single mode Septas are available, I have been building them by PM request, there is no sales thread. I'm still working on the multi-mode and I have made some good progress on the complete driver redesign that was needed. Takes a long time to work out all the kinks in something as complex as the Septa, but I am still vigilantly working toward the multi-mode.

barry, Unfortunately I cannot change from L-M-H to H-M-L.

Thanks for the order nfetterly, I can't wait to see these 90 CRI XPGs myself, I think I may also use them to build an aquarium light for my axalotls.

As far as hosts go, I was planning to start carrying some bored out 6Ps myself for convenience sake of customers. I have four 6Ps bored out right now on hand, 2 black and 2 grey. I can install a FETtie or HC Twisty, the drop-in, and ship as a complete light for those less interested in putting something together and who would rather just have a complete working flashlight. I can also of course, bore out anyone's 6P for them if desired.
    Last edited by VanIsleDSM; 07-12-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by VanIsleDSM View Post
    ... barry, Unfortunately I cannot change from L-M-H to H-M-L...
    Jesse,
    No problem. Thanks for the response.
    barry

May I please have a 3 mode L-H-Strobe, 5.6 Alum, R5, Khatod & two (2) FETtie switches?

My math says, 190+48+48+10=296. Plz confirm that is correct. PP will be on its way!

Thanks,
    Vern
    Last edited by AZVern; 07-18-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: added request for second FETtie switch

Unenlightened

Jesse if you haven't shipped my order yet, I will send PP on Mon 07/18/11 for the FETtie switch so it can be shipped together.
    That way I can save on the shipping. Thanks

Unenlightened

Jesse PP sent for one extra FETtie switch. Thank you

Enlightened

Jesse,
    I just sent a PM.
    barry

Ok, I'm a bit of a noob and working- well researching my first build and the only thing I'm certain of is that it will be around your 1654 Lumen drop-in. It is going to take me time to save up for the build as I get parts here and there, easily 5 months. My question is when I am ready to take the plunge, what is the chance that you could make one of these flame throwers with XM-L's and a Khatod? That would just be insane, probably have to use sunglasses to use it on a starless night. -But who could resist all those lumens?
    I'm a Lumenaut, on a bold quest of discovery. To find the smallest, toughest, eyeball searing-est torch that modern science can create!

Quote Originally Posted by scottyhazzard View Post
    Ok, I'm a bit of a noob and working- well researching my first build and the only thing I'm certain of is that it will be around your 1654 Lumen drop-in. It is going to take me time to save up for the build as I get parts here and there, easily 5 months. My question is when I am ready to take the plunge, what is the chance that you could make one of these flame throwers with XM-L's and a Khatod? That would just be insane, probably have to use sunglasses to use it on a starless night. -But who could resist all those lumens?
    I'm no expert but I think you'd need a lot more than one battery to properly drive 3x XML's, and these are P60 format (single 18650).

Five mega makes 2 18650 bodies don't they? Solarforce L2x or 3 18350s in a 9p sized body.

I think heat would be a bigger issue

Chrisdm, your getting rain on my parade.
    I'm a Lumenaut, on a bold quest of discovery. To find the smallest, toughest, eyeball searing-est torch that modern science can create!

I am still keen on a multimode septa.....
    Currently into SPYs....
    My Lights In Detail

I'm definitely planning to purchase a multimode septa when it becomes available. No problem with the timeframe - better to get things right.

Will this drop it work with bored 6P?

$310 for 5.6A Copper sink, Khatod optic, any mode. Carclo optic +$10 - Copper sink 5.6A = 1654 OTF lumen?

One 18650 and Zero Resistance Tail?

Thank You

Pauli

Yep, these quads works well in a P6 with a 18650

Zero Res Switch is ok as well... but why not one of Jesse's FETtie switches

I'd love to be able to fit 3 XMLs into a P60 drop-in, but unfortunately it's just not possible, not with any type of optic. I suppose you could put 3 bare XMLs on one, "mule style" for pure flood.

The problem is that the XML is basically just 2 XPGs. It's die is twice the size, which needs twice as much optic to tame it into shape. XPGs will almost always bee a better choice, because it's easier to fit more smaller circles (the optics) into a big circle (flashlight lens) than it is to fit fewer larger ones, not to mention there are way more tints available with XPGs

With the Septa for example, I could fit 3 XMLs, but I can fit 7 XPGs, which is equivalent to the die area of 3.5 XMLs. More die area means more light. Driving 3 XMLs on a single cell isn't an issue though, full power would be 9 amps, the Septa runs at 9.8A, fine for either an IMR 18650, 26500, or 26650.

I am definitely still working on the multi-mode Septa. Redesigning the PCB boards for the driver to accommodate more parts has been very time consuming and difficult, it's very space constrained. The redesign when finished though, *might* have a feature or two more than anyone was expecting

Single mode Septas are available for $480 for anyone interested, planning to have the multi mode ready as soon as I can, I'm tired of looking at 18 Septa heads on my shelf!

Scottyhazzard, I'm ready when you are, just let me know.

Paulinski, that'll work just fine with either a zero-res or a FETtie.

I also have my own Z41 twisty upgrade, similar to the Zero-res but it's sprung instead of solid. The culprit of resistance in the standard Z41 has nothing to do with the aluminum cup, it's the steel spring that causes issue. For $9 I have a silver plated beryllium copper spring with gold plated contact to replace the steel spring. I've been so busy and it's kept slipping my mind to post a sales thread for the HC Twisty upgrade, they are available though. $9 each.

Jesse, can you give an OTF estimate using the Hi-CRI XP-Gs? Are there additional costs for using this LED? Also will the Fetie switch in a Surefire Z41 TC convert it to a purely click to activate TC and allow one to cycle through the modes? Will it work in the Z58 as well?
    Last edited by indadark; 07-24-2011 at 08:21 PM.

I would like to place an order for;

4.2A copper quad XP-G drop-in $285
    3 mode L-M-H
    R4 5000K. +$15
    Khatod optic
    2 FETtie switches. $96
    shipping to USA. $10

Total $406

Where do I send PP?
    Last edited by Morelite; 07-24-2011 at 07:30 PM.

VanIsleDSM, thanks for the response and explanation. Helps quite a bit. Time to start stuffing the piggy bank. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Morelite View Post
    I would like to place an order for;

4.2A copper quad XP-G drop-in $285
    3 mode L-M-H
    R4 5000K. +$15
    Khatod optic
    2 FETtie switches. $96
    shipping to USA. $10

Total $406

Where do I send PP?
    PayPal has been sent.
    Thanks for the heads up about the shipping.

I'd like to place and order, please PM me PP info so I can send payment.

$190 5.6A Aluminum sink, Carclo plain tight optic, 3 mode L/M/H
    $15*R4 5000K Neutral LEDs
    $48 FETtie Switch

$253 $total
    Last edited by indadark; 07-26-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks for the orders! The free shipping sale has been a success.

Only two more days for free shipping, so if you've been thinking about it, post or PM your order!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast