• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CUSTOM QUAD P60 XPG Drop-ins. Up to 1654 Lumen OTF!

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
CUSTOM QUAD P60 XPG Drop-ins. Up to 1765 Lumen OTF! S2 BIN AVAILABLE NOW!

6a746c48.jpg

30857697.jpg

a5ddc88c.jpg

e05b2baa.jpg

70b0791f.jpg

392e1988.jpg

77877f4f.jpg

Specs:

Single Li-Ion cell operation (2 cell configuration NOT acceptable)

Integrated emergency thermal shutdown.(Muilti-mode Only)

Reverse polarity protection. Upside down battery causes no harm. (Multi-mode only)

2KV ESD protection. Resistant to static shock from your fingers.

Mil-Spec teflon insulated oxygen free silver plated copper conductors.

Silver plated beryllium copper contact springs.

Highest P60 Output ever recorded, 1654 Lumen OTF.

Available Tint and Flux:

S2 Cool White 5700K

R4 Neutral 5000K (special order)

R4 Neutral 4000K

Q5 Warm 3000K

Available Driver Mode Configurations:

5 mode: Low - Med - High - Strobe - SOS
3 mode: Low - Med - High
3 mode: Low - High - Strobe
2 mode: Low - High
1 mode: High

Drive Levels

5.6A

S2 minmum LED flux calculated to 1900 lumens.

R5 minimum LED flux calculates to 1780 lumens.

R4 minumum LED flux calculates to 1665 lumens.

Q5 minumum LED flux calculates to 1370 lumens.

4.2A

R5 minimum LED flux calculates to 1450 lumens.

R4 minumum LED flux calculates to 1355 lumens.

Q5 minumum LED flux calculates to 1115 lumens.

Heatsink selection

Copper heatsink

C101 99.99% pure oxygen free copper thermal conductivity: 391 W/m · oK

99.9% pure silver plating thermal conductivity: 418 W/m · oK

LEDs directly mounted to silver plated copper surface. No MCPCB insulation layer. Lowest thermal resistance path possible without extremely exotic materials (e.g. diamond)

Aluminum heatsink

6061 T6 aluminum thermal conductivity: 167 W/m · oK (Heatsink)

Pure aluminum thermal conductivity: 220 W/m · oK (MCPCB)

Bare aluminum for best conduction of heat into host. MCPCB screw torqued to 32 in-lb. creating a clamping force of over 1000 lbs.

Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste applied between MCPCB and heatsink.

Optic Selection

Carclo Tight Optic: Brightest overall. Excellent "wall of light". Larger spot
with good flood.

b00aa37b.jpg

R5 Output
Copper sink 5.6A = 1654 OTF lumen
Copper sink 4.2A = 1357 OTF lumen*
Aluminum sink 5.6A = 1489 OTF lumen*
ALuminum sink 4.2A = 1278 OTF lumen*

Carclo Spot Optic: Between Carclo Tight and Khatod optic. More output but a
sacrifce in beam shape compared to Khatod.

06ea23b4.jpg

R5 Output
Copper sink 5.6A = 1572 OTF lumen
Copper sink 4.2A = 1290 OTF lumen*
Aluminum sink 5.6A = 1418 OTF lumen*
Aluminum sink 4.2A = 1214 OTF lumen*

Khatod optic: Tightest spot, most throw, more traditional flashlight beam from a
multi LED engine. Less output than Carclo due to more collimation of the light.

0fc1d733.jpg

R5 Output
Copper sink 5.6A = 1404 OTF lumen
Copper sink 4.2A = 1152 OTF lumen*
Aluminum sink 5.6A = 1263 OTF lumen*
Aluminum sink 4.2A = 1085 OTF lumen

*Projected OTF output based on measured OTF output

Warning:
These light engines can be dangerous. If left unattended, one could get hot
enough to cause a failure in the battery, resulting in a possible fire or
explosion. Do not point light at eyes or skin. This is a very high power device.
Do not run unattended. Thermal shutdown designed for emergency shutdown only.
Always lock out tail-cap when not in use to avoid unintentional turn on. Only
use High quality Li-Ion cells rated for the current draw of the light engine. No
responsibility will be taken for any damage done, personal or punative, by the
extreme power of these light engines. You agree to this upon purchasing one.

FETtie high current switch

0c0d44d1.jpg

31a5c04e.jpg

Information Thread:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/296127

Introducing the ultimate high power tailcap switch for Z41 and FM26XXX hosts.

Designed as a suppliment to the P60 Quad drop-in, This switch's capabilities extend well beyond it's originally intended necessity.

With ANY Linearly regulated or Direct Drive light, this will reclaim power currently being eaten by your higher resistance switch/spring, and give you more current, and more lumens.

With ANY Buck, Boost, or Buck-Boost regulators, this will reclaim power currently being eaten by your higher resistance switch/spring, and provide longer runtimes.

How does it work?

The FETtie uses a solid state semiconductor, a MOSFET. Essentially a relay, with no moving parts, which is turned on by the clicky switch. The Clicky switch itself only conducts 100 nanoamps, that's 0.0000001A, to activate the semiconductor. This means the clicking mechanism will last nearly forever, as the electrodes will not wear from arcing.

The FETtie uses a small coin battery, 1216 size. You do not need to worry about this battery becoming depleated however. It's like the battery in a watch, it will last for many years. Even being left on, the switch will draw less current from the coin cell than it's self discharge rate

Specifications:

Current - 25A+

Voltage - 20V MAX

0.0034 ohm Rds(on) MOSFET resistance

Beryllium copper spring, Pure silver plated for extra conductivity, 24K gold
plated contact area.

Gold plated contacts from the FETtie to host.

Threaded brass body

Panasonic 1216 coin cell included

Here are some graphs to illustrate the difference in output using a FETtie vs. a McClicky at 4.2A These results would be much more profound at 5.6A and above.

8504a666.jpg

0012ab67.jpg

7fd7559f.jpg

Review and OTF measurements done by Run4jc:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-and-other-Drop-Ins-a-mini-review-photo-heavy!

Pricing

$165 for 4.2A Aluminum sink, any modes, any optic.
$190 for 5.6A Aluminum sink, any modes, any optic.

$285 for 4.2A Copper sink, Khatod optic, any mode. Carclo optic +$10
$310 for 5.6A Copper sink, Khatod optic, any mode. Carclo optic +$10
(Carclo optic is smaller, therefore there is more silver/copper used and thus the extra $10)

$48 for FETtie switch

Special order R4 5000K LEDs incure an extra $15 charge because I do not buy them in bulk, and receive no discount that I can pass on down.

All drop-ins ship with a Q-tip and some Artic Silver 5 thermal paste to apply to your host drop-in socket for maximum heat transfer and maxmium peformance from your drop-in.

Please take extra care when handling the exposed optic. Mishandling of the optic can decrease output. Never directly touch the optical surface with bare hands if optimal output is desired.

Shipping

USA standard, $10, no tracking, no insurance.
USA Expediated, $25 with tracking number and insurance.

Canada standard, $15, no tracking, no insurance.
Canada Expediated, $25 with tracking number and insurance.

International standard, $15, no tracking, no insurance.
International EMS express is $65+, PM if interested.

Custom built upon ordering. Usual build time is 3-5 days.

Last edited:

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
If you expressed interest to be on this new list some time ago and I have forgotten, just let me know and I'll put you down in place.

For those who have already paid when the old Khatod only optic thread was active, your Quads are nearly done, but you can still switch to a Carclo optic if you'd like.

no-knock

Newly Enlightened
YES!!!! VanIsle, so glad to see this thread up. After reading your description of the optics, I'd like to request the carclo tight optic for mine. "wall of light". Thanks in advance. Any idea of an e.t.a. for completion. I understand that eta is just that, estimated! Thanks again

Also, can I change my shipping to expedited + insured w/tracking. I will send the difference in paypal.

Last edited:

tstartrekdude

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I was wondering if we could purchase you're FETtie switch without also buying a drop-in as well. I didn't see anything saying both needed to be bought together in this sales thread.

If they are available for individiual purchase PayPal will be sent faster than you can save 15% or more on your car insurance by switching to geico.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi jesse. i was also wondering if the FETtie was available seperate?

Last edited:

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jesse,

Just saw this thread. I think you know what I want but here is the recipe. Can't wait to get it! This is it baby, I'll never have to buy another drop-in after this. :D

5.6A copper, Carclo Plain Tight, R4 5000K neutral, 2-mode L-H, FETie, standard US shipping: $393

Wilkey

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Jesse,

I was wondering if you had the curves for 5.6A operation. I wanted to take a more detailed look at the performance at 4.2A and so I added some drop-lines to your graphs. Here they are; AW 2600mAh silver label cells first, then AW 1600mAh IMR cells. The interesting observation is that the IMR cells hold regulation for only 1 minute less than the SL cells even though they have <62% of their capacity. This is the benefit of the lower internal resistance. Where the greater capacity of the SL cells win out is time to drop to 2.5A delivered current, an arbitrary point after commencement of the final precipitous drop. The time to drop to 2.5A was about 41 minutes versus 20 minutes, >100% improvement.

So, this had me wondering what would these curves look like for the 2900mAh cell against the IMR at 5.6A. I'd guess that the 2900 would be delivering at regulation for about the same duration as the IMR, but probably slightly less. Both cells would see their in-regulation plateaus shortened with a corresponding reduction in total run time to 2.5A.

Thus, these curves tell me that at 4.2A, there is little benefit to going with the IMR cells except perhaps cell longevity. Since the current in the 5.6A units is a full one-third higher, and quite a few folks (including yours truly) opt for it, it might be illuminating to see those curves a well.

AW2600SL42.jpg

AW1600IMR42.jpg

Wilkey

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
List updated.

If you get in on this run, the wait time will be only a few days. I have the 3 copper modules done, just waiting for the new carclo optics to arrive, which should be any day. I have have 4 aluminum drop-ins complete, also waiting for the optics.

I have 1 more copper carclo heatsink, 2 more carclo aluminum sinks, and 1 more khatod aluminum sink ready to made into a custom drop-ins. Everything should ship this week.

Unfortunately I don't have any graphs for the 5.6A unit. To get those numbers I had to build a specific drop-in with it's LED supply wires looping out so I could measure the current at the LEDs with a high resolution clamp meter. This was the only way to get an accurate measurement of current between different switches.

As of now the FETie is still only available with purchase of a drop-in. I just don't have the time to build enough of them otherwise. I keep thinking that I'll eventually have some extras to sell off, but then people buying drop-ins sometimes pick up 2, 3, or even 5. Hopefully I will be able to get a few extras soon.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 3 copper modules done, just waiting for the new carclo optics to arrive, which should be any day. Everything should ship this week.
Sweet news indeed! Especially with my birthday coming up this weekend. :) I. Can't. Wait. :party: This will take a little of the sting out of having my white 6P stolen. :mad:

:D

Wilkey

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Jesse, I just sent you another PM, I am ready to pay but can't find your payment info..?

pmorris

Newly Enlightened
I want to buy this setup, 5.6A copper, Carclo Plain Tight, R4 5000K neutral, 3 mode: Low - Med - High, FETie, Expediated US shipping: $408.00.
But I only have two post and I dont know how I can contact you to pay.