BlackShadow
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Video Finds Part 3

Unenlightened

Default Re: Just tought the dog this....

very funny, i've always loved that one. I've tried the ole' bone on the nose trick with no avail

Default Crash in Collins, Mississippi

What in the world is this person thinking?

Default Rubber bands vs. watermelon

Want a fun way to cut your watermelon? Here ya go.

Default Re: Crash in Collins, Mississippi

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpal View Post
    What in the world is this person thinking?
    No cops chasing the vehicle. So most likely a case of an elderly person suffering from Dementia or Alzheimer's.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

If it was dementia or Alzheimer's, at 58, it was an early onset. More likely, the craziness came from a bottle, syringe, pill or a toke.

Fortunately, everyone survived.

http://www2.wjtv.com/news/2012/jul/1...ay-ar-4164988/

http://www.sunherald.com/2012/07/19/...ive-crash.html

Quote Originally Posted by Empath View Post
    If it was dementia or Alzheimer's, at 58, it was an early onset . . .
    True. Not very common. But does happen. Still, at that age, definitely most likely to be an external cause introduced into the body.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

From the article:
    "...It was devastating to see it. It was terrifying," she said. "We were able to walk away from it with just minor bruises and cuts..."

That is amazing. That crash looked so brutal. Her reaction to prevent a direct hit, along with all 6 airbags doing their job, she saved herself and daughter. Imagine if that had been a compact car.

Just pasting the description because I'm pretty ignorant on this topic. I thought this was pretty (or hot, I guess).

Sun Sends Out Moderate Solar Flare

The sun emitted a moderate solar flare on July 19, 2012, beginning at 1:13 AM EDT and peaking at 1:58 AM. Solar flares are gigantic bursts of radiation that cannot pass through Earth's atmosphere to harm humans on the ground, however, when strong enough, they can disrupt the atmosphere and degrade GPS and communications signals.

The flare is classified as an M7.7 flare. This means it is weaker than the largest flares, which are classified as X-class. M-class flares can cause brief radio communications blackouts at the poles.

Increased numbers of flares are currently quite common, since the sun's standard 11-year activity cycle is ramping up toward solar maximum, which is expected in 2013. It is quite normal for there to be many flares a day during the sun's peak activity.

Updates will be provided as they are available on the flare and whether there was an associated Earth-directed coronal mass ejection (CME), another solar phenomenon that can send solar particles into space and affect electronic systems in satellites and on Earth.

This may be a dumb question. Are we looking at the actual sun somehow? Is that a render or something? I've never seen any type of images or visuals of the sun.
    Last edited by Bigpal; 07-24-2012 at 09:19 PM.

First court appearance of the biggest coward in America a strange one.

Last edited by Bigpal; 07-24-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Default Re: Interesting Video Finds Part 3

Views from the ISS at night in 1080 HD (watch in full screen if you have the bandwidth)

It still amazes me that I can sit in a chair and see such an amazing scene of the earth from space. Thanks Ezo.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler View Post
    It still amazes me that I can sit in a chair and see such an amazing scene of the earth from space. Thanks Ezo.
    I know what you mean. Ever since I was a kid watching the first space launches on a B&W TV, to the Voyager missions, the Hubble telescope, the Cassini spacecraft and many others, I've been amazed at what we get to witness and it just seems to keep getting better and more amazing, especially now that we have the internet. Then again, I've grown up in the "Space Age". A year ago, an uncle of mine passed away at the age of 100. When I think of how much some of this blows my mind, imagine what this felt like for him, a man born in a small rural town in Czechoslovakia in 1910, the year of the first experimental radio broadcast. He was a man who embraced technology and he loved his cell phone, fax machine, DVD player, email account and internet connection almost until the day he died. Shortly before that day, he told me that one of the things that amazed him the most was the idea that we could have remote control robots driving around on Mars testing rocks and soil and sending back such astonishing images.

+1 Thanks EZO for the amazing video.

I still remember, almost as it was yesterday. April 20th 1972, I stayed home, "sick" from school. Having just turned 15 the world was an amazing place. I was watching the Apollo 16 astronauts working on the moon! I remember yelling at the TV for Commander John W. Young to "WATCH-OUT!" as he tripped on the cable for the heat flow experiment and tore it. I couldn't help thinking, what a terrible thing to happen, traveling all that way then breaking the equipment by tripping over it.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate!

Flashaholic

+1 from me also EZO.

Yes, in a life time things have changed. Sir Patrick Moore is a famous astronomer in the UK. He is aged 89. His TV program “The Sky at Night” has been on television here for over 50 years. You may have heard of him. He is one of a only very few people alive to have met and known Orville Wright, Yuri Gagarin, Alexei Leonov and Neil Armstrong. The first men. And Albert Einstein, Edwin Hubble, Buzz Aldrin, Wernher von Braun ....
    186,232 miles per second. The speed of the light from all our flashlights.

All right, we know this is a CPF member. Identify yourself!

That's ah . . . kinda creepy.

Not the dude. The glow in the dark underwear.

~

I LIKE IT .......... I WANT SOME !

~

LED slippers , glowing underwear and a Head-lamp .....

WHAT A TURN-ON .

~
    Last edited by TooManyGizmos; 07-31-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    ~ "She" says ... ... I have ... TooManyGizmos ~

I think it's supposed to make it easier to change a diaper in the dark.

I think it's supposed to make it easier to change a diaper in the dark.
    Two words: Night Light.

His coach caught him cutting in line while boarding a Southwest flight...

His coach caught him cutting in line while boarding a Southwest flight...
    While it's humorous and cute, it's clear he Just Doesn't Get It. Neither do his parents.

It's sad. This is how people are and are raising their kids. I hope his coach has a more serious talk with him and maybe has him sit out some of the game.

Humiliation and shame, two great teachers. I think he started to get-it about two thirds through his apology.

~ Chance

When's the last time you were this excited about anything?

~ Chance

Quote Originally Posted by egrep View Post
    While it's humorous and cute, it's clear he Just Doesn't Get It. Neither do his parents.

It's sad. This is how people are and are raising their kids. I hope his coach has a more serious talk with him and maybe has him sit out some of the game.
    One of the basic reasons why Society is going down the crapper. You need a license to braid hair, but any two idiots of opposite gender can get together and have a kid. Since kids are blank slates, it's up to parents to pass down proper values. But if the parents are idiots or low-lives, that's not going to happen because they lack values to pass down. And then the cycle just repeats itself. That coach did as much as was possible. But the kid obviously suffered from poor breeding. (Passing along of values by parents to their children.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    When's the last time you were this excited about anything?

~ Chance
    I totally love this guy!

Monocrom,

I was with you right up to the last sentence. You're forgetting about freewill, and that most all teenagers have an abundance of it.

~ Chance
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 08-05-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Monocrom,

I was with you right up to the last sentence. You're forgetting about freewill, and that most all teenagers have an abundance of it.

~ Chance
    A kid with good parents can sometimes make poor choices. No denying that. But good parents can give a kid the tools to make good choices. If he doesn't have those tools while growing up, makes things a helluva lot harder.

Agreed. Have you read anything from the people at Love and Logic. They teach the best way for children to learn is by allowing them to suffering the logical consequences of their actions, while of course keeping them safe from anything harmful. Far too often, overprotective parents prevent their children from learning valuable lessons by shielding them from the natural consequences. A great recipe for raising spoiled brats.

~ Chance
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 08-05-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Never actually heard of Love and Logic. But would appreciate a detailed PM about them. Sounds interesting.

Serious next-level animation, trailer for the animated short "Paths of Hate":

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast