fenix HP20 any long time reviews?

Therrin

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, apparently it can be broken.

I've been using the HP10 for over a year, and the HP20 since it just came out.
I was really happy with the HP20 for several months, then the switch failed while I was 600ft underground. Had to come out on backup.

I got the warranty stuff all set up and sent it back in through 4sevens, TWO MONTHS AGO. My father had actually bought it for me as a present. He has called them every 2 weeks or so to see what's going on, and has continually been told that it hasn't been looked at yet. I don't know how they manage to get away with doing business like that. If I had bought it through Amazon you can bet it'd have been replaced or money returned. He finally got on with a manager today and pointed out that we have recommended their products, and that light specifically to a lot of people, and that we were really pissed off to be put off for so long. She finally gave in and said alright, what do you want, a new light or your money back?

I can't decide now. I'm not sure I see good reasoning in getting another one if it's prone to that kind of problem, and the turnaround on repair is so dang slow.

Anyone else had this problem?

I'm almost tempted to thing that 4sevens waits till they have so many returns then sends them back to whatever country they came from to have them repaired cheaply. The turnaround time is a joke though.

themaxx69

Newly Enlightened
Little late now, fenix has a USA office. I sent my hp20 there and it only about a week for the replacement.
Fenix Lighting
Service Center
161 Market Street
Monticello AR 71655

1-888-775-9996

Latest posts