Solarforce L1200 City Beamshots

forexer

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, decided to do some beamshots of my L1200 in a residential environment. Lots of buildings around and quite a bit of ambient light in the first location. Beamshots were taken 14 floors above ground. Don't know how far each of the targets were but this light is good at both throw and flood, a hybrid if you will:twothumbs CRI is excellent for this slightly overdriven lamp, a WA1185 equivalent. My batteries weren't at 4.2v when i ran the light they were around 4.16-4.15ish volts each. The light could have been brighter i must say.

I suck a photography. Shots were taken using a Panasonic digital still with manual exposure so some shots are much brighter than others and some are darker, forgive me, its the first time i'm using manual exposure lol:crazy: i also did some minor editing for the pictures to remove some static, happens when your image sensor's too small for the dark:sick2: i also tried to underexpose the beamshots rather than to overexpose, but i think the pictures do give a rather accurate impression of the output, throw and flood. Spill is very defined too, and quite wide.

So here are some shots of the landscape. Its quite interesting. We have a ship harbor, you can see the tower cranes and the sodium lamps in the far backdrop. When i get a more powerful hotwire then we shall see :naughty:

First landscape

Zoomed in shot of landscape, underexposed

Targeted at the nearest building

Target at the roof of the dome
http://img685.imageshack.us/i/p1020170o.jpg/

Targeted at tops of several buildings

Landscape 2

Targeted at lift wall
[URL=http://img862.imageshack.us/i/p1020177l.jpg/]

[/URL]
Different angle

Targeted at building

Thanks for viewing:grin2:

Last edited:

regency

Newly Enlightened
where are you located or where were you when taking the pics?? Nice light, pretty good beam also

srfreddy

Enlightened
The L1200 is still a great incan, a simplified Mag85, cheaper but not a "sleeper". Also throws further due to the large turbohead.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I was just wandering if the reflector comes out of this light? If so would it be possible for you to take a picture of the inside of the head with it out?

Thanks