Need help with my first mod

low

Enlightened
Hi,

I have a Eastward YJ J09 that was a great EDC untill I droped it a foot and a half.
Now its dead. So I say to myself, get a new LED and regulator and put it in. Well I do not quite know what the extra unattached part is for. I do not know if the regulator I got from Shiningbeam (there new 3 mode one) will mate up to the unattached peice.
If someone can explain to me its function and or walk me through what I need to do I would really appreciate it. Here is what I have.

IMG_5441-1_1.jpg

<a href=

IMG_5440-1_1.jpg

IMG_5439-1_1.jpg

No spring, no nothing, just looks like a solder mess.
Thanks,

Low

Last edited:

b-bassett

Newly Enlightened
looks to me like the red board, was just solderd (badly) to the driver (blue board) as a spacer.

if you put power direct to the driver board, does it work? you may not need that new driver.

if not and the shining beam driver is the same diameter as the origional board, you could just swap them over, but you will probably need a center spring or another blob of solder could work.

hope this helps

low

Enlightened
b-bassett

Yes, I have tried to power the driver. And the LED. Nothing. So I assume the driver is good. But I do not really wish to save the old driver as it sort of sucks. It was supposed to be the 4 mode driver without a blinking a mode. This one has a high and higher with a blinking mode that spells out correctly, the word stupid.