What is the BEST light running on an XML T6?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the best XML T6 Flashlight based on the following criteria:

1. size (portability)
2. output (lumens)
3. price (affordability)
4. performance (best power to output ratio) (efficiency of output)

So many options, giving me a headache! :ohgeez:

jellydonut

Enlightened
In my opinion, some kind of P60 host of your choice, with a Nailbender XM-L dropin.

I haven't tried the Solarforce L2 myself, but others are happy. You could also try to find a used Surefire 6P or some-such. :) The dropin itself is what I use, and I'm personally very happy with the performance, battery life and beam.

FhDB1.jpg

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any light that runs the XML at 3 amps or less will be at peak efficiency from what I've seen. Efficiency drops after that.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for nailbenders, he makes great dropins.

I like the Thrunite 1c and the 1a for pocketability. Good up too 4.2 volts so you can use rechargeables, nice floody beam, no preflash when changing modes. Nice familiar ui and love the moonlight mode

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The quark mini xm-l edition.
Put a rcr in it and it will go direct drive. xxx lumens :)

- It's TINY.
- Dont know it's output, but its bright allright.
- Cheap.

-You might fry the led. It's too small to cope with all the heat generated by the led. (i havent poofed mine yet, and i'm only using a 4,2v.battery)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
is it right to asume to keep away from Fenix TK35? Also keep away from JetBeam's BC40?

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a Thrunite Neutron 1C... small, bright, affordable, well-made, great UI. .9 lumen moonlight mode... You won't be disappointed.

mrlysle

Enlightened
You'll get lots of opinions as to the "best" light sporting the new XM-L. Obviously then, here's mine. I recently got an EagleTac T20C2 MK II, and I'm very impressed with it. It definitely isn't mini 123 sized, but for the amount of light and runtimes you get, it's pretty impressive. Portability? I guess it's as you portable as anything else depending on how you want to carry it. Belt sheath? Pocket? It comes with a nice sheath and that's how I carry it, but if you don't wear skin tight pants, or wear like cargo pants, it would carry easily in a pocket. I bought mine about 2 or 3 weeks ago and it came with the XM-L rated at 550 emitter lumens, or 430 OTF. I've purchased some additional drop-ins for it, including the one I just got today, the new HO (high output I assume) XM-L T6 rated at over 720 emitter, 580 ansi lumens. That's one of the reasons I got this EagleTac. They have several user replaceable drop-ins available for it which makes it extremely versatile! Takes 20 secs to swap out modules. I have an XR-E which throws very well, and a nice neutral tint also, plus the older XM-L, which will be nice to have as a "back-up" in case something would happen to this new HO drop-in. The UI seemed a little weird at first, but after playing with it a little bit, it's really not bad at all. Good luck with your search.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Get a Thrunite Neutron 1C... small, bright, affordable, well-made, great UI. .9 lumen moonlight mode... You won't be disappointed.

+1 on the Neutron 1C. I've been carrying it for over a month now and it's broad hotspot and great floody beam are really impressive. Output seems to be increased quite a bit on an AW RCR123 and it's turned out to be very sturdy...i.e. I've dropped mine on several occasions with no ill effects.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
But if let's say I was looking for an XML T6 with a 500 and up lumens range, what's a good one? Besides the EagleTac (looks good, have to research on this first)

Art

Enlightened
Where did you buy the HO drop in for the T20C2? I would love that since mine is the R2 version and it too much of a thrower. Cant seem to find the XM-L drop in for sale , only the flashlight complete.

srfreddy

Enlightened
Lets see...small size, the Thrunites. Larger, the Lumintop TD15X/ Fenix TK35. Good bang for buck there.

mrlysle

Enlightened
Where did you buy the HO drop in for the T20C2? I would love that since mine is the R2 version and it too much of a thrower. Cant seem to find the XM-L drop in for sale , only the flashlight complete.

illuminationGear.com is where I got mine from. You can get several different drop-ins from Tod there, including the new HO drop-in. Just delivered mine today!

recDNA

Flashaholic
The quark mini xm-l edition.
Put a rcr in it and it will go direct drive. xxx lumens :)

- It's TINY.
- Dont know it's output, but its bright allright.
- Cheap.

-You might fry the led. It's too small to cope with all the heat generated by the led. (i havent poofed mine yet, and i'm only using a 4,2v.battery)

I'd love to know the amps at the tailcap with protected RCR123 and IMR16340

jjoustfrost

Newly Enlightened
You have to define your criteria for a good size. alot of people prefer the big XM-L lights whereas the cutoff for me is 4" and under. Because of that, it limits me to 4sevens Mini X and the Thrunite Neutron 1C...

srfreddy

Enlightened
You have to define your criteria for a good size. alot of people prefer the big XM-L lights whereas the cutoff for me is 4" and under. Because of that, it limits me to 4sevens Mini X and the Thrunite Neutron 1C...

I personally like to have different "types" of lights: EDC, travel, around the house, walking, etc. , and each have their own characteristics: Size, balanced beam, flood, runtime...

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm...okay, let me narrow it down, the best price/performance ratio for a XML T6 light running 2x18650. Is it only the LT TK-15X, F TK35, the EagleTac and the JB BC40 to choose from?