Modifying Xenon SuperPelilite to LED

Shamanic1

Newly Enlightened
I have an old Super PeliLite with two (2) "C" cells powering a xenon lamp. The beam is as close to pure throw as I have experienced, but the output is low - especially now that we are in the era of the high-output LED.
So I would like to bring this light into the 21st Century and end up with a floody beam I can use to search my 1/4 acre backyard.
I am starting this project having failed to locate either a drop-in or the equivalent parts to replace the xenon head module. It has reflector, bulb and spring fused together (by design), and measures 35mm w. x 35mm l.
Secondly, I will need to match a new L-ion source of power to the head, but, of course, that problem cannot be solved until I have decided what to do about the head.
In order to keep this new light simple, I will be stick to one power level. The raccoons remain unimpressed by the strobing 6P I have been bothering them with.
One last thing; the Pelican lens appears to be a high-grade polycarbonate. I wonder if that will be damaged by the emitter cooking away beneath it.
I am at a passable skill level with soldering, schematics and wiring, but the jargon is still new to me, so, as you can guess, this is my first "mod". Thank You!