Click to visit Lumintop new flashlights!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Polarion Abyss Dual "S"

Default Re: Polarion Abyss Dual "S"

Quote Originally Posted by armysoldier View Post

How are you liking yours so far Patriot? Can you see a big difference in this light over the PH40? How about against the PH50? I am so exited for mine to come. I was in the military for 4 years including one year in Iraq. The brighest light I have had so far is the Streamlight DS C4 LED and the Pelican 7060. I am real curious how this will compare as I have never seen any of the HID flashlights in person.
    The light output from the Abyss Dual makes the venerable SR90 look quite docile. Compared to your DS and 7060, well, there really aren't any words to describe the difference in performance there. The only way to see a difference between a 40W Polarion and a 45W Polarion is if they're side by side. I think you made a good call going with the Abyss. I honestly feel that it's they're premium model right now and offers some nice advantages over the P series. I'll have a desktop review video posted on youtube of this light in a couple of days. Video is already done, just have to edit and upload. Hopefully you'll have your light by then!

I can't remember what's Vee73's website is. You'll have to visit the original Abyss thread or the PH50 thread since he links pictures to his site. The shots that I saw were indoor shots where he was measuring lux down an industrial sized hallway. I'm jumping off-line now but with look for them tomorrow for you if you can't find them.

Group buy possibilities.....?

Karl

Flashaholic*

I'll bite on a group buy.
    -- CUE

MTE M3-2I MC-E / MTE MC-G33 XM-L / Trustfire X6 SST-90 / Microfire K3500R 35W HID / Polarion X1 40W HID

Thanks for the link Coolmester...I don't think this model is actually in those photos though. It shows the old Abyss at 34000 lux. This new one has a 45w blub so should be much brighter. I got the "s" version so it should have pretty good throw too. I can always upgrade the reflector to the smooth PH40 reflector later on but I like have the option available.

I really like the way the night reaper looks. I am wondering if maybe I should have got that. Does anyone know the price of it? It does not say on the website so I am sure it is quite a bit more expensive...lol

The NR retails for around $3700 bare. No accessories.

The 45W Abyss will be a little brighter than the old U2 in that particular test but not a lot. It's Vee's own throw measurement and the extra 5watts doesn't make that much of a difference. It's slightly "handicapped" by the reflector which is why it's down 8000 lux to the smooth 40W P series.

I'll contact Ken about the possibility of a GB but I don't want to push the boundaries of CPF rules here in this thread. If he's able to discount them at all, I'll ask GreenLED to post the information in the "Good Deals" section of the Marketplace and then post a link here for you guys.

Curtis, Karl, you're on the list. Any other inquiries, please PM me.

What happened to good old fashioned beamshots when reviewing...

Quote Originally Posted by Walterk View Post
    Patience grasshopper, patience.....

Karl

Thanks Patriot!

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Walterk View Post
    Sorry about the delay but the original pictures and info were posted early because I wanted to give you guys something. I still intend to post beamshots but things have been a been crazy here lately. Every time I get an evening off from work plan on setting an evening aside for some shots, something else prevents it. The video review is done and it will be posted along with pictures very soon. Thanks for your patience.

Flashaholic*

Thanks Patriot.

Curtis.
    Last edited by cue003; 05-09-2011 at 10:49 AM.
    -- CUE

Ken J. Good has passed along some very special pricing on this light for CPF members.

Marketplace Details Here

Flashaholic*

Wow that's extremely generous of Ken to do that. Any idea how long the deal will last?
    Last edited by dudemar; 05-10-2011 at 01:18 AM.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

Ken

Would it be possible for the standard Smooth Reflector (used on PH-40 & 50) be an option for CPF members on the 25% deal. Very generous offer! I think I'd have to get one...

I just ordered one last night and I should have asked the same....maybe not too late.....? I'd like the same in my light and had discussed it with another member...

Karl

I picked a fine time too remember this thread! Have some reading to do and I guess I'll have to sell some Hinderer stuff. Decisions , decisions...

Go for it Sandy!!

I just started selling off some stuff to save for something else and just decided to check this thread out, now this is definitely on my mind always wanted a Polarion. How long is this good for out of curiosity.
    Surefire,Inova,4Sevens,Fenix,Olight,Malkoff, AEX25,Xeray50,Polarion Aybss Dual, AElight 30-50 watt,Wiseled tactical 2000,Peak, Lupine Wilma TL, .......

I just came across this and took the plunge and ordered one. Now I have to wait for it to come in the mail.. I hope they ship fast. Great deal by getting the 25% off. I am stoked.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by 276 View Post
    I just started selling off some stuff to save for something else and just decided to check this thread out, now this is definitely on my mind always wanted a Polarion. How long is this good for out of curiosity.
    Nice to see you here 276, I know you're a real Peak guy. I am on the fence between the Abyss and the SR6500, but if I had the funds right now I would shoot for the Abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by chipwillis View Post
    I just came across this and took the plunge and ordered one. Now I have to wait for it to come in the mail.. I hope they ship fast. Great deal by getting the 25% off. I am stoked.
    You will not regret it.
    Last edited by dudemar; 05-10-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dudemar View Post
    Nice to see you here 276, I know you're a real Peak guy. I am on the fence between the Abyss and the SR6500, but if I had the funds right now I would shoot for the Abyss.

You will not regret it.
    Hahaha, i was saving up for the SR2000A.
    Surefire,Inova,4Sevens,Fenix,Olight,Malkoff, AEX25,Xeray50,Polarion Aybss Dual, AElight 30-50 watt,Wiseled tactical 2000,Peak, Lupine Wilma TL, .......

After a quick review of some of the video I took this evening, I'm not so sure it even needs a smooth reflector. I was lighting up two pairs of power line towers at exactly 800 & 972 yards according to my Leica 1200 LRF. The towers weren't quite as defined as with the PH50 but I'd guess they were 85-90% as visible with the Abyss. I was also able to easily video mule deer at 200 yards with the Abyss, night-mode set to off, full 35X zoom, and the shutter was actually stopping down to compensate for overexposure. I had no shortage of light and the smooth beam was really soothing when the animals were closer at about 100 yards. There were no harsh artifacts at all. I just found my new wildlife video light and the best part is that it's tripod ready due to the threaded handle!

BTW, some of you mentioned LEDs. I had the SR90 out there tonight and once again it was doing what I thought was a pretty decent job. That was until I turned on the Abyss. Quickly finding the mule deer was effortless with the Polarion. With the SR90 it was a task to locate them beyond 250 yards. With the Abyss they still weren't to difficult to pick up with the naked eye beyond 400 yards. I reluctantly want to say that it was almost easier to find them with the HID that it was to see them in daylight conditions over the same terrain. The colors were amazingly separated and the contrast extreme under the beam of the Abyss. With the same scene under early afternoon sunlight the grey's all blend together out there. Also, when the animals looked back their eyes glow, which of course doesn't happen during the day either. Needless to say, I learned a lot about my new spotlight this evening.

Thanks for the continuing information Patriot! Appears that others have taken interest in this great deal as well and will have their own copies of the Abyss (Abysses???) to use and test! Great!

Karl

PS Sandy, you KNOW you want/need one!!!

" Patriot " I know it is a minor thing but - do you have a picture of the soft case, or did you upgrade to the hard case? Looking forward to the video - always top notch!

" Karl " My stress level is rising! Their is this Tri-V2 thing coming you know.... need to sell some stuff!

Sandy, PM to you.

Karl

Patriot

Enjoyed your video of the Abyss next to the PH-50. The Abyss form factor looks the best to me...

Nice video of you & your pops & uncle doing the long range shooting. Watched all three!

Polarion has a winner with the Abyss in or out of the water. They keep getting it right, is it Ken's influence

Lips, where did I miss the video to which you refer?

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by karlthev View Post
    Lips, where did I miss the video to which you refer?

Karl

Flashaholic*

I just put "polarion abyss" in youtube's search engine.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast