Ascent Fair

Thread: Keylux AA, how to use the turbo head?

Default Keylux AA, how to use the turbo head?

Long time ago I bought a Keylux AA with turbo head. Today I finally finished my Cree XR-E canister light engine but to my surprise the head doesn't screw down enough for the LED to meet the reflector . Distance between the back of the reflector and the metal ring of the XR-E is about 5mm. I really don't see how to get the Keylux to work with the turbo head... or am I missing something?

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Keylux AA, how to use the turbo head?

Hello Icarus,

I beleive the canister should have came with an o-ring that would make the canister sit higher for a Cree XR-E LED. The o-ring would go over the threads of the canister and sit under the shoulder. This allows for adjustment to get the perfect focal point for the XR-E.

Sorry, I didn't read the Title very well. The Key-Lux AA Cree Canister doesn't come with an o-ring. The o-ring is only used for use with the canister in a totally different light. I am trying to figure out what the problem is here. The only thing I can think of is the reflector might be incorrect.

PM Sent.
    Last edited by TnC_Products; 04-18-2011 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Incorrect Answer!

Flashaholic*

Icarus,

I tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full. You can e-mail me at: chris (@) tncproducts.com

Chris,

Reflector is a McXR19. I'm not aware of any other (deeper) reflector that fits the turbo head.
    I'm away until Friday but I'll post some pictures when I'm home again. Inbox cleared.

Thank,
    Freddy