EDC single AAA clicky and clip

NickBose

Enlightened
What choice do I have for an as small as possible, quality, single AAA with clicky switch and built-in clip?
I found some options
- Liteflux LF2XT: a bit expensive and long. But where can I buy this? Is the one on Kaidomain genuine (SKU 8886)?
- Preon 1 with a Preon 2 clicky tailcap: not bright enough (60 lumen while twisty ITP A3 is 96 lumen)
Anything else? I know there are not many AAA clicky but I might miss something.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an LF2XT as well as a couple of Preons and I like them very much but I suggest you have also a look at Lumapower Avenger GX which is particularly strong: I dropped mine on the concrete from a second floor window and it still works as before. :cool:

BTW there's no longer any new LF2XT around, you can only get a second hand specimen (mine is not for sale ....). :)

scout24

Flashaholic
My LF2XT is not for sale either... :) Give the Preon 1 with the clicky tailcap another look. Running a 10440 it is screaming bright for what it is, some discretion must be used on high, but there are plenty of threads dealing with people who have done so safely. Robust, three useful levels. I've got a red one and a Ti one...

Nicrod

Flashaholic
My LF2XT is not for sale either... :) Give the Preon 1 with the clicky tailcap another look. Running a 10440 it is screaming bright for what it is, some discretion must be used on high, but there are plenty of threads dealing with people who have done so safely. Robust, three useful levels. I've got a red one and a Ti one...

+1 preon 1 w/preon 2 clickie on 10440.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
There isn't a lot of AAA with clicky. Besides the above mentioned, there are also Peak AAA (with the momentary switch option) and the upcoming Fenix LD03.

beerwax

Enlightened
dont take any notice of the lumen numbers for the itp vs the preon. i would consider them to be essentially the same brightness. you would have to be pretty picky to find fault with the preon.

if you decide your happy with a twisty theres many more options and some that r a good bit smaller.

univex aaa has a clicky.

NickBose

Enlightened
If you want a cheap easy light which you don't mind beating on try the streamlight micro stream. Nice little light not the brightest but pretty cheap and easy.

SL microstream is out because it's not bright enough at just 20 lumen

There isn't a lot of AAA with clicky. Besides the above mentioned, there are also Peak AAA (with the momentary switch option) and the upcoming Fenix LD03.

The LD03 is too long and too heavy for a single AAA

dont take any notice of the lumen numbers for the itp vs the preon. i would consider them to be essentially the same brightness. you would have to be pretty picky to find fault with the preon.

if you decide your happy with a twisty theres many more options and some that r a good bit smaller.

univex aaa has a clicky.

Univex AAA is very interesting but too expensive for me

Looks like I may settle with Preon 1 + clicky cap

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you heard of a "Streamix"? It's essentially the Streamlight Microstream body (complete with clicky switch and clip) with the head from a Fenix LD01 (which is crazy bright and allows the light to take a 10440). The pieces happen to be threaded the same and if you get black in both lights, the color matches decently. It's a great setup.

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Thanks GeoBruin for the suggestion. I think DHart turned me on to the "Streamix". Problems for me: I prefer recessed clickies and I don't believe the LD01 comes in a neutral flavor (might be wrong). I love Streamlight's clip design though - and have thought about trying to source one, remove the black anno and see if it would fit the n-Light (when/if I get it). Has the clip been robust enough for you?

-Jas.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clip is one of my favorite things about the MS. The light is so small and light that you never put too much stress on the clip, but in general it seems plenty robust. I believe you are correct about the lack of a neutral LD01. Although I have seen several modded neutral lights come up on B/S/T, I don't believe you can get one from the factory.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
I have a Tiablo E3A. The stainless steel clip for the LD01 fits perfectly on it. It has a reverse clicky switch that is recessed but not recessed enough to tailstand. Just another option to consider.

Russ Prechtl

Newly Enlightened
Four quick questions:

• How do you like the clicky operation?
  • Have you tried a 10440?
  • Have you tried reversing the clip?
  • Did you get the neutral version (I'm a fan)?
Thanks, - Jas.

Hi there!

I really like the clicky. It seems to be more of a "soft touch" electronic switch than a mechanical-type clicky. It's a nice design.

I haven't tried a 10440 in mine (I don't have any). I've only used Eneloops, Energizer Li Primaries, and alkalines. Mostly Eneloops.

I did try reversing the clip. The body unscrews right above the clip. With a drop of WD-40, it makes removing it nice and easy.

Mine was a cool version, but I bet the neutral version is awesome too.

Are you about to get one as well?

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Are you about to get one as well?
More than likely. After reading this excellent review back in January (and discovering neutral availability), the n-Light seems to check off all the boxes for me.

I do have another question: the review noted above states no mode memory on his light, yet n-Light's site lists mode memory as a feature. I prefer a simple L-M-H with no memory - which does your lights exhibit?

Thanks.

-Jas.

HIDblue

Enlightened
+1 on the Preon 1 w/optional clicky on a 10440. Disappears in your pocket and unbelievably bright on a 10440.

Russ Prechtl

Newly Enlightened
More than likely. After reading this excellent review back in January (and discovering neutral availability), the n-Light seems to check off all the boxes for me.

I do have another question: the review noted above states no mode memory on his light, yet n-Light's site lists mode memory as a feature. I prefer a simple L-M-H with no memory - which does your lights exhibit?

Thanks.

-Jas.

Mine does have the mode memory. (Actually both of mine do, because I bought two!)