eagletac p20a2 mkII questions

john doe

Newly Enlightened
hey everyone ,been awhile but i am back with a question .i have been enjoying my eagletac p100a2 for some time now .

i see they have a eagletac p20a2 mkII now .

question is "would you go with the light orange peel reflector or the smooth ?and why?"

my p100a2 has a smooth reflector and thats all i have to go by .

the OP reflector says it has more spill light .

so for this discussion i would like your opinion on smooth vrs OP reflector and why.

i use my light for close work more so than throw. i am considering this light because it has better UI options than the p100 and it comes with a clip.

thanks guys .

i am very happy with my eagletac light .it has a better looking beam than the fenix(no cree rings)

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I have a P20a2 MkII with OP reflector. It has a wonderful beam pattern, a very good mix of flood and throw. I keep it on my nightstand. I also have the P20C2 MkII with OP reflector, and it too has wonderful beam.

I would definitely go for the OP reflector, especially since you are not all that concerned with throw. But the throw is still very good with OP.

mrlysle

Enlightened
If you like smoother beams with NO rings, get the OP. Some of EagleTacs newer drop-ins have what they're now calling LOP, or "light orange peel" and they work very well smoothing out the beam also.

john doe

Newly Enlightened
the p20a2 mkII comes with the LOP reflector .no other reflector is offered .i will be fine with that .i like the fact it has lower lumens options on the UI .sometimes even the low setting on the p100a2 can be quite much for close work.
but i still love it .

do any of you guys have a fenix to compare these eagles too?i went by beamshots online ,the fenix seems to have a more yellowish tint like a incandescent to my eyes.

the eagletacs have a very nice very white light.
outshines my 2-123 foresight xenon easily.

mrlysle

Enlightened
the p20a2 mkII comes with the LOP reflector .no other reflector is offered .i will be fine with that .i like the fact it has lower lumens options on the UI .sometimes even the low setting on the p100a2 can be quite much for close work.
but i still love it .

do any of you guys have a fenix to compare these eagles too?i went by beamshots online ,the fenix seems to have a more yellowish tint like a incandescent to my eyes.

the eagletacs have a very nice very white light.
outshines my 2-123 foresight xenon easily.

I have a Fenix LD10 R4, and the now defunct PD31 XP-G R5. They both have very nice tints IMO. The R4 in the LD10 might be my favorite, but the PD31 also has a beautiful white tint. There was an example of BAD cree rings however. Outside at distances it wasn't bad I guess, but indoors and at closer ranges, the PD31 beam was really "ringy". I put some DC-Fix diffusion film on it, and it's now one of my favorite lights. And I'm picky, I only have 15 or 20 "favorites! LOL

Jackasper

Enlightened
I also have a P100a2 with SMO reflector and absolutely love it. Comparing it to the different Fenix lights I have, only one (TK15) has the smooth deep reflector. The Eagletac's beam is whiter and has almost no rings at all. I'm a fan of both of these lights and to tell you the truth, once outside, I dont even notice the rings.

john doe

Newly Enlightened
thats been my experience with the eagletac too.

nice and white and no rings .

whats your take on say an eagletac with 2-123 batts?i wanted to get away from the 123`s because with my foresight zenon lite the batteries would drain very fast .and they are quite expensive .
i can get the p20c2 mkII with 2-123`s and 500 lumens (P20C2 MKII - XP-G S2 500 Lumen)for just a few dollars more .
i have no experience with these new leds with 123`s ,this p100a2 is my first and i love it .

i am sure i would love a p20c2 mkII as well but what about run time? and battery drain?i dont use my lights a long time .matter of fact i am still on my first set of lithium aa`s in the p100a2 since i bought it .gotta love that and it blows away my foresight with 2-123s.