Klarus        

Thread: Hi-max 18650 Test - Review

Default Hi-max 18650 Test - Review

Originally known as the Wow 18650 , I tested one way back and was impressed with its performance . The Hi-max certainly did not disappoint , and in my MTE SSC P7 [ used for run times ] , it really was a hand warmer all the way to the end , and Im sure I didnt capture the discharge current fully , but still a impressive battery . If Hi-max only marked the battery as a 2400 , then I could give them a few brown'y points for not exaggerating capacity just a little .

In the discharge testing the Hi-max did extremely well , especially considering its up against Japanese cells , and if it were compared to cheaper Chinese made cells , it would surely look even better .

I removed all the clutter from the run time test , but the results are close enough to the AW 2600 for me to call it about the same [ close match ] .
    Now I used my Imax B6 to discharge the Hi-max [ no pun intended ] at 0.5A for a discharge capacity of 2379mAh [ discharged from 4.2v down to 3v under load ] . Now what impressed me was I charged the Hi-max about one week ago to 4.2v , and a week latter it was still 4.2v , and the run time test was done after checking the voltage state with no top up .
    In case anyone is interested , http://www.jayki.com/?mid=flashlight...ment_srl=11340 , original Wow 18650 test .
    So there you go , excellent discharge capability , decent capacity , and still performs well .
    As a footnote , my Wow 18650 is still performing well , and has given me no issues to be concerned about .

Default Re: Hi-max 18650 Test - Review

Thanks for doing this test Old4570.

I remember that old thread on the Wow batteries found on Fleabay. I had considered those batteries that are now renamed to Hi-max, bit I ended up with the the red and black "flame" Trustfires.
    It would be nice to see a head to head comparison between the two.

I have two of the old WOW cells, one broke after about 15 charge cycles - defective protection circuit..... so now its unprotected but an expensive one at that.

My Flame Trustfires a bit old now , Im sure there was a review , but the images may be gone .
    Would be nice to test a fresh batch .. I might have the info written down [ new graph ] , will see what I can do .

Aren't these cells some of the longest out there?

Quote Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
    Aren't these cells some of the longest out there?
    If these are the same as the WOW cells.... yes.... also pretty pretty fat.

Length 68.6mm Diameter 18mm

With Trustfire