Hi-max 18650 Test - Review

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
100_2927.jpg

Originally known as the Wow 18650 , I tested one way back and was impressed with its performance . The Hi-max certainly did not disappoint , and in my MTE SSC P7 [ used for run times ] , it really was a hand warmer all the way to the end , and Im sure I didnt capture the discharge current fully , but still a impressive battery . If Hi-max only marked the battery as a 2400 , then I could give them a few brown'y points for not exaggerating capacity just a little .

himax2.jpg

In the discharge testing the Hi-max did extremely well , especially considering its up against Japanese cells , and if it were compared to cheaper Chinese made cells , it would surely look even better .

himax.jpg

himax3.jpg

I removed all the clutter from the run time test , but the results are close enough to the AW 2600 for me to call it about the same [ close match ] .
Now I used my Imax B6 to discharge the Hi-max [ no pun intended ] at 0.5A for a discharge capacity of 2379mAh [ discharged from 4.2v down to 3v under load ] . Now what impressed me was I charged the Hi-max about one week ago to 4.2v , and a week latter it was still 4.2v , and the run time test was done after checking the voltage state with no top up .
In case anyone is interested , http://www.jayki.com/?mid=flashlight_review_board&page=2&document_srl=11340 , original Wow 18650 test .
So there you go , excellent discharge capability , decent capacity , and still performs well .
As a footnote , my Wow 18650 is still performing well , and has given me no issues to be concerned about .

ada_potato

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for doing this test Old4570.

I remember that old thread on the Wow batteries found on Fleabay. I had considered those batteries that are now renamed to Hi-max, bit I ended up with the the red and black "flame" Trustfires.
It would be nice to see a head to head comparison between the two.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
I have two of the old WOW cells, one broke after about 15 charge cycles - defective protection circuit..... so now its unprotected but an expensive one at that.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Flame Trustfires a bit old now , Im sure there was a review , but the images may be gone .
Would be nice to test a fresh batch .. I might have the info written down [ new graph ] , will see what I can do .