• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Lego, Mac body, VanIsle warm Quad, etc...

Pontiaker

Enlightened
VanIsle custom quad 5.6a warm tint, Solarforce head, Mac custom alum body and SF tailcap.Some very minor wear on high spots of head, some very light marks on body from rings on while using. Very little use which is pretty much why I am selling it. Works great, super bright floody and throws!
Thanks
Matt

$325 shipped in the US.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

standard.jpg

orig.jpg

warmurf

Enlightened
Can you please give more info on the Quad? Is it Alum or copper? How many modes? What optics? Does this tail have the FETtie switch?

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
What optic?

I did some sleuthing, pretty sure it's aluminum 5.6amp

Last edited:

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Iam doing a one time prie drop to $300, sure wont mind keeping this one.

No Fetie switch, just stock SF tailcap.This is directly from the post that I bought this drop in from, I got the alum 4k 1665lumen three mode low/med/high unit.I paid $190 plus shipping for it directly from the maker. let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks!
Matt

Doing A test run bumping the power on the aluminum quad from 4.2A to 5.6A.

I have 3 of these ready for R4 or R5 LEDs and your choice of modes on the driver.

Specs:

Extremely high quality 100% North American Built Drop-in.

Precision machined to fit genuine surefire and FM26XXX P60 hosts.

Single Li-Ion cell operation for energy density and safety.

LEDs individually current regulated. (Extremely important or LEDs will not receive equal current, other similar drop-ins do not do this)

Integrated thermal shutdown.

Reverse polarity protection. Upside down battery causes no harm.

2KV ESD protection. Resistant to static shock from your fingers.

Low battery warning (drops to low mode and intermittently flashes off quickly).

Mil-Spec Teflon insulated oxygen free silver plated copper conductors.

Silver plated beryllium copper springs with gold plated contacts. (Extremely important, drop-ins using steel springs will fall out of regulation much faster, and may never even reach full current)

Cushioned shock resistant driver.

Modified Khatod Italian made 10 degree FWHM (tested with XPE) beam. Tightest beam possible from P60 multi-LED engine. More common Carclo optics pictured for comparison are 16.4 degree FWHM. (Frosted version pictured)

Fits 6P with ZERO gap.

Available Tint and Flux:

R5 Cool white 6200K

R3 Neutral 5000K

R4 Neutral 4000K

Q5 Warm 3000K

Available Driver Mode Configurations:

5 mode: Low - Med - High - Strobe - SOS

3 mode: Low - Med - High

3 mode: Low - High - Strobe

2 mode: Low - High

1 mode: High

5.6A Aluminum Drop-in

R5 minimum flux calculates to 1780 lumens.

R4 minimum flux calculates to 1665 lumens.

R3 minimum flux calculates to 1560 lumens.

Q5 minimum flux calculates to 1370 lumens.

Thermal Data:

6061 T6 aluminum thermal conductivity: 167 W/m · oK (Heatsink)

Pure aluminum thermal conductivity: 220 W/m · oK (MCPCB)

Bare monolithic aluminum for best conduction of heat into host. Over 30% better heat transfer than brass. MCPCB screw torqued to 32 in-lb. creating a clamping force of over 1000 lbs. Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste applied between MCPCB and heatsink.

Artic Silver 5 thermal paste included for application in host P60 socket.

$190

Warning:

These lights can be dangerous. If left unattended it could get hot enough to cause a failure in the battery, resulting in a possible fire or explosion. Do not point light at eyes or skin. This is a very high power device. Do not run unattended.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I normally run a single IMR 18650 in it though I think you can run two of the 16340's also but will have to check.

I called it warm even though its not the warmest availiable it is still super warm, look like an Ican light, at least to me. This is the warmest I can stand, I hate yellow lights. This one is about perfect for a warm LED.

Gary123

Enlightened
I believe these were all designed only for a single cell Li ion. The 5.6A copper is not even recommended for use with an imr, I would think the aluminum is the same. This host would need an upgraded switch.

Is the SF switch a twisty or clicky? A Moddoo and FETtie upgrades require a SF twisty.

Last edited:

Pontiaker

Enlightened
They work great with IMR's, low voltage warning still works fine. In this light it just does not get very hot. The drop in fit is nice and snug and the size, thickness of the alum host with the snug fit transfers heat very well.

SF switch is a factory forward clicky and also works great, no upgrade needed....

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
Can you describe how this cycles with the modes? Does it have memory for last mode used?

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Low, medium, high and yes memory for last mode used. Nice seperation between modes too. Most of the time the med and high are so close its not worth having both of them but these modes are evenly spaced.
Matt

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
Matt,
Thank you for the quick response. I was not clear in my question. I checked on the quads post and could not find the info there either. I am specifically wondering about the mode change procedure. Within how many seconds to you have to turn it on and off to change modes? I would be using the light in law enforcement and lights that change modes have caused problems in the past. I have to turn it on off as I move sometimes and the modes change when I don't want them to change. Can you specific to the times and mode change procedures. Thanks again.

Gary123

Enlightened
Within how many seconds to you have to turn it on and off to change modes? .....

I just played with my 4.2A aluminum in order to answer your question. It may work for you.

If the light is on and has a reverse momentary, the first flash (from a soft press) will not advance modes but readys the module for the next soft press which will advance modes if pressed within 2 seconds. I don't think a forward momentary light would cause you problems since the light is not on during mode selection.

I also stand corrected: IMR's work great for these drop ins, but only one Li ion cell is to be used with these, do not use two primaries. And a SF clicky is OK, but a low resistance switch will provide more lumens over the battery run time.