• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: U BIN<-----XML X4 Maglite!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

That right, you read correctly U bin XMLs:D

Here are the specs.

New black Mag 2D converted to 2x 26650 (Cells NOT included)
Borofloat lens
Quad optic
Copper heat sink
4 XML U2 bin emitters
3 mode driver

The light is currently sleeved for 2x26650s, but if you dont have 26650s and are interested in the light I will re sleeve it for 2x 18650s.

Price is 225$ Shipped!

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Last edited:

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: U BIN<-----XML X4 Maglite!

Hey Vest,
What's the chromaticity region of these emitters?
Wilkey

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Wilkey,

When I ordered these they had been on the market all of a couple days I think. Cutter did not give any option for bin selection. They only gave temp of 6500K if I recall. If I had to guess I would say they are around 1C- 1D maybe. Very nice white IMO not green or blue. In the center of the hot spot to my eyes it looks very white with a touch of yellow, and around the very edge maybe a slight purple/pinkish.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you, sir!
Wilkey

andyfrasier

Enlightened

:paypal:

I sent over $235, and added my shipping details to the Paypal notes.

btw: Do you know what the expected OTF is? How about current to the LED's?

Andy

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Andy,

Got your payment. I'll ship tomorrow if possible. I'm not sure what the OTF will be but I can give you an idea. U2 bin XMLs will produce 300 lumes @ 700ma. Each die gets 1.4A on high so 600 lumen X 4 dies= 2400 ish lumens.

xed888

Enlightened

That looks real good. Any chance of making another?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

That looks real good. Any chance of making another?

Sure. I have the parts on order for a couple more.

If you guys are interested please send me a PM.

Where are the pictures of the outdoor beamshots of this flashlight? :whistle:

I was actually out taking the beam shots last night, when I got back the light was sold so I didnt post them. Here they are.

This is Not a control shot. In order to keep from bleeding out the pics ISO is set to 400. This is a beam shot of my Quark AA2 on Turbo ( the batteries were a little run down but it was on and still putting out plenty of light.

This is my SST-90 on HIGH at 6.5A!

4 XML mag :)

These are not the best beam shots, but you get the idea, this light clearly :whoopin:even the mighty SST. In real life even the streets that go to the left and right were lit so you could see down them.

Last edited:

bjsears

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

That right, you read correctly U bin XMLs:D

Here are the specs.

New black Mag 2D converted to 2x 26650 (Cells NOT included)
Borofloat lens
Quad optic
Copper heat sink
4 XML U2 bin emitters
3 mode driver

The light is currently sleeved for 2x26650s, but if you dont have 26650s and are interested in the light I will re sleeve it for 2x 18650s.

Price is 225$ Shipped!

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Any inside shots of the light PCB Heatsink etc.

justanotherguy

Enlightened
How does it handle the heat? can it run full throttle for 15 minutes? Does the output drop noticeably?
Me likey

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey justanotherguy,

I think 15 min may be pushing it a little. The light could probly stand it, but its not good on it to do so. 10 min would be a better shut down point.

The output for this light is very stable. On low and med you could probly run it a full cycle without any noticeable drop. On high after several minutes you may notice a bit of loss because the LEDs are getting so hot, but the driver board is heat sinked with about an inch thick chunk of copper bar. This is the key to stabilizing the current in a light like this.

justanotherguy

Enlightened
Hey justanotherguy,

I think 15 min may be pushing it a little. The light could probly stand it, but its not good on it to do so. 10 min would be a better shut down point.

The output for this light is very stable. On low and med you could probly run it a full cycle without any noticeable drop. On high after several minutes you may notice a bit of loss because the LEDs are getting so hot, but the driver board is heat sinked with about an inch thick chunk of copper bar. This is the key to stabilizing the current in a light like this.
SO, the heat sink is just a copper cutof, or is it machined to fit perfectly into the mag head? Would finning the head help (Ima machinist)....
Just what are your plans for making these? 1, 2...5? Are they all pre sold?
Thanks
Tony JSG

bjsears

Newly Enlightened
Any inside shots of the light PCB Heatsink etc.

This is my next project a quad xm-l!!!

I have a few questions?
How dose the driver board your using stay in regulation with only 7.4 volts? I made a triple xm-l (wired in series) and had to use (3) 18650 (11.1 volts) to get the driver to push the 3 amps I wanted to feed each led. It wouldn't do it with 7.4 volts

What is the ampage that your light is pulling?
Can those plastic optics handle the heat load. These led's do get pretty hot after 10 minutes or so.
thanks

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi bj,

The driver works with 4 leds because they are wired 2 series 2 parallel. The circuit is wired like this.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?201392-Poorman-Mutli-Lux-setup-method

Each LED sees 1.4A, so the total from the battery end is 2.8A @ 7.4V.

I will tell you this. It is absolutely necessary to heat sink the driver well when doing this. If not the current will fall like a rock. I sinked both sides of the board with very thick copper bars to ensure the current remains stable.

Using an optic is fine provided they dont sit in direct contact with the LEDs ( this one has legs off to the sides. Also the heat efficiency of this light is good since each die only sees 1.4 amp.

Good luck with your build.