Battery Junction - Olight

Thread: Feeler for flat top Mag D heatsink.

Default Feeler for flat top Mag D heatsink.

Hi everyone,

I recently inquired about the heat sinks found here at the Shoppe.
    http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.co...oducts_id=1162

Cindy replied to my email saying that they were considering a run depending on interest, and suggested I start a thread to gauge on the forum.

If you wold like to see a run of these please post in this thread how many you think you would be willing to buy. Lets try to keep this real so they dont end up with a run of 100 heat sinks and only sell 15 of them.

My personal interest is 1 for sure maybe more after I try them out.

Thanks
    In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    Shorty C/D M*glites

Default Re: Feeler for flat top Mag D heatsink.

Anyone?
    In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    Shorty C/D M*glites

I personally need more information. The heat sink is part of a system. From what I gather, the big advantage of this sink is its flat top, allowing a modder to mount clusters of LEDs (not just one central LED). Thus, it would be useful to know what is the distance between the sink's top surface and the inside face of the Mag glass when this sink is fully inserted into the Mag tube and the Mag head/bezel both fully screwed down and unscrewed (but tube o-ring still engaged). And from this dimension, what reflectors or optics are available, if any, that will fit this distance when using common LEDs (e.g., XR-Es, XP-Gs, XM-Ls, MC-Es) when reflowed onto various stars/MCPCBs? A fit table of available reflectors/optics from the Shoppe would be highly useful, perhaps in the form of:

Code:
                                                     Suggested Reflector/Optic  
    LED/#LEDs                          3              4                 5                  6                  7
    XR-E, bare
    MC-E on 20mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
    XP-G on 8mm MCPCB, 0.8mm thick
    XP-G on 10mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
    XP-G on 20mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
    XM-L on 8mm MCPCB, 0.8mm thick
    XM-L on 10mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
    XM-L on 20mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
    Last edited by Justin Case; 04-25-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Hi Justin,

I could be wrong about this, but to me it looks like you would have some adjustment on the height. To me it appears that the post at the bottom would slip down into the neck and you could raise and lower it, then epoxy it at the right distance.

I have sent an email to Cindy for confirmation on this.
    Shorty C/D M*glites

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    I personally need more information. The heat sink is part of a system. From what I gather, the big advantage of this sink is its flat top, allowing a modder to mount clusters of LEDs (not just one central LED). Thus, it would be useful to know what is the distance between the sink's top surface and the inside face of the Mag glass when this sink is fully inserted into the Mag tube and the Mag head/bezel both fully screwed down and unscrewed (but tube o-ring still engaged). And from this dimension, what reflectors or optics are available, if any, that will fit this distance when using common LEDs (e.g., XR-Es, XP-Gs, XM-Ls, MC-Es) when reflowed onto various stars/MCPCBs? A fit table of available reflectors/optics from the Shoppe would be highly useful, perhaps in the form of:

Code:
                                                     Suggested Reflector/Optic  
    LED/#LEDs                          3              4                 5                  6                  7
    XR-E, bare
    MC-E on 20mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
    XP-G on 8mm MCPCB, 0.8mm thick
    XP-G on 10mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
    XP-G on 20mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
    XM-L on 8mm MCPCB, 0.8mm thick
    XM-L on 10mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
    XM-L on 20mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
    +1 This information would be very helpful.

I sent Wayne a PM with a link to this thread so perhaps he will be able to answer some of these questions.
    Shorty C/D M*glites

Fully adjustable height and fit both Mag Cs + Ds
    Need to have a look at the measurements of Download's Multi-sink

I would be interested

I am interessted in

one D and
    one C "Modified PES Universal Flat Top"

Tanks!