• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Feeler for flat top Mag D heatsink.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone,

I recently inquired about the heat sinks found here at the Shoppe.
http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/product_info.php?cPath=48_53&products_id=1162

Cindy replied to my email saying that they were considering a run depending on interest, and suggested I start a thread to gauge on the forum.

If you wold like to see a run of these please post in this thread how many you think you would be willing to buy. Lets try to keep this real so they dont end up with a run of 100 heat sinks and only sell 15 of them.

My personal interest is 1 for sure maybe more after I try them out.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally need more information. The heat sink is part of a system. From what I gather, the big advantage of this sink is its flat top, allowing a modder to mount clusters of LEDs (not just one central LED). Thus, it would be useful to know what is the distance between the sink's top surface and the inside face of the Mag glass when this sink is fully inserted into the Mag tube and the Mag head/bezel both fully screwed down and unscrewed (but tube o-ring still engaged). And from this dimension, what reflectors or optics are available, if any, that will fit this distance when using common LEDs (e.g., XR-Es, XP-Gs, XM-Ls, MC-Es) when reflowed onto various stars/MCPCBs? A fit table of available reflectors/optics from the Shoppe would be highly useful, perhaps in the form of:

Code:
                                                 Suggested Reflector/Optic  
LED/#LEDs                          3              4                 5                  6                  7
XR-E, bare
MC-E on 20mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
XP-G on 8mm MCPCB, 0.8mm thick
XP-G on 10mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
XP-G on 20mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
XM-L on 8mm MCPCB, 0.8mm thick
XM-L on 10mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
XM-L on 20mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Justin,

I could be wrong about this, but to me it looks like you would have some adjustment on the height. To me it appears that the post at the bottom would slip down into the neck and you could raise and lower it, then epoxy it at the right distance.

I have sent an email to Cindy for confirmation on this.

netprince

Enlightened
I personally need more information. The heat sink is part of a system. From what I gather, the big advantage of this sink is its flat top, allowing a modder to mount clusters of LEDs (not just one central LED). Thus, it would be useful to know what is the distance between the sink's top surface and the inside face of the Mag glass when this sink is fully inserted into the Mag tube and the Mag head/bezel both fully screwed down and unscrewed (but tube o-ring still engaged). And from this dimension, what reflectors or optics are available, if any, that will fit this distance when using common LEDs (e.g., XR-Es, XP-Gs, XM-Ls, MC-Es) when reflowed onto various stars/MCPCBs? A fit table of available reflectors/optics from the Shoppe would be highly useful, perhaps in the form of:

Code:
                                                 Suggested Reflector/Optic  
LED/#LEDs                          3              4                 5                  6                  7
XR-E, bare
MC-E on 20mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
XP-G on 8mm MCPCB, 0.8mm thick
XP-G on 10mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
XP-G on 20mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
XM-L on 8mm MCPCB, 0.8mm thick
XM-L on 10mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick
XM-L on 20mm MCPCB, 2.0mm thick

+1 This information would be very helpful.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fully adjustable height and fit both Mag Cs + Ds
Need to have a look at the measurements of Download's Multi-sink

I would be interested