Supbeam Light
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spares Carriers

Default Re: Spares Carriers

I love the SF SC1, for camping, hunting, fishing trips. Strictly LED now but carry a spare incan. just in case. Well thought out, and bullet-proof, and it does have that tacticool thing going for it. The only thing that went was the O-Ring but SF sent me one as soon as I contacted them...no charge of course.

In the home, I use the plastic fishing tackle organizers with adjustable trays. Works great and I can use the adjustable trays to set each one for different battery types. I plan to pick up some smaller of the smaller ones to carry with me out of the house.

I happen to have only the SC2 which is designed to hold the millenium series lamp assemblies. However, I use it to carry E series lamp assemblies. I have stuffed a little piece of foam down into the shaft so that it doesn't rattle around, but it requires the lamp assemblie's envelope(glass) be stuffed up against the foam with a little bit of force (my lumens factory lamp assemblies came shipped in this foam, so i guess its safe.) Does anyone know if that would damage the glass? I know your never supposed to touch lamp assemblies with your hands or abrasives like a dry paper towel. Otherwise, it seems to be fairly well shock isolated.
    It isn't the life that matters, it's the courage you put into it.

Flashaholic

You'd probably be much better off with the SC3. Maybe you prefer the 6 cells capacity, but a lamp costs more than the cells.