• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Tell me about the advantages of the 2AA body with judco switch for the logan head..

busseguy

Enlightened
Okay. I was considering buying the 2AA body with the judco switch that fits the logan head.
Right now I use it with a single RCR123 battery. Its nice and bright but I only get about 20, maybe 25 minutes runtime.

So I considered the 2AA body. For one it would make it larger, and easier to hold onto. And I would be using it with AA sanyo eneloop batteries mainly. Will it be as bright with 2 AA eneloops as using 1 rcr123 battery?. Will it increase the runtime?, by how much?.
Any other plus or minuses would be great to hear about.
Also how solid is the judco switch?.
Thanks in advance...

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I absolutely love the 2XAA Logan combination. A reduction in voltage from 3.7v to 3.0v is noticeable if comparing side by side, but otherwise isn't an issue at all unless you're looking for greater throw. This, of course, is with a #8. Going down to 2.4 with Eneloops further reduces output but this reduction doesn't seem quite as significant - I presume because of the efficiencies of the circuit or the inefficiencies of old eyes. Runtime is FAR better with 2XAA's though I've not timed it. Even with just 2.4v the #8 Logan is still a dynamite performer.

The Judco switch has been around quite a while and seems pretty trouble-free. MWClint has previously posted some great how-to and trouble-shooting ideas, though these might have been lost in the CPF tsunami.

I wonder if it would be possible to sandwich a qtc pill between two batteries, using the Judco for on/off and then twisting the head for variable output.

Last edited:

busseguy

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply.
I noticed Peak's seller doesnt have bodies on his website, so I guess I will have to order directly from Peak.