Basic AC circuitry help: Elwire and inverter limitations

jeowf

Newly Enlightened
Hello I'm trying to get 4 meters of elwire to light up via a sound sensitive inverter and Don't know how i can reduce the limit of the inverter. The inverter/driver itself supports 8 metres of elwire (they can be in many combination so long as its all 8 metres in total and all in parallel).

Here's my noob electronics question. Can i replace ELwire with resistors (of the same resistance as the elwire) and still have it work? (also what watt or resistors should i use). The inverter outputs [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]110vAC @ 4000Hz and runs on 8 AA batteries.
[/FONT]

xul

Enlightened
Hello I'm trying to get 4 meters of elwire to light up via a sound sensitive inverter and Don't know how i can reduce the limit of the inverter. The inverter/driver itself supports 8 metres of elwire (they can be in many combination so long as its all 8 metres in total and all in parallel).

Here's my noob electronics question. Can i replace ELwire with resistors (of the same resistance as the elwire) and still have it work? (also what watt or resistors should i use). The inverter outputs 110vAC @ 4000Hz and runs on 8 AA batteries.
Publish your Elwire specs, but resistors do not have a point where the arc is struck, like gas tubes do.