• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Customer Service?

randyo

Enlightened
Is Peak still providing Customer Service? I mailed a defective Eiger head back to Peak almost 2 months ago and nothing's happened. I've also left two phone messages with no return call.

whacko

Newly Enlightened
I too am having problems with Peak LEDs customer service.

I placed an order for two lights 40 days ago now and neither has arrived nor have I gotten an update to my order. I emailed Robyn both at [email protected] and at [email protected] and got one reply from her, but no update on the status of my order. I am still waiting to hear back.

I am a little sad about the whole situation, PeakLED makes some great flashlights and all of my previous orders arrived within 2 weeks. I wish their service was still up to the standards set by their product.

ranmyaku

Newly Enlightened
I also placed an order and no word from Peak LED customer service. Emailed >3 times. Phone calls and voice messages to no avail.

Are they taking the money and running?

LightBlue6

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately, I too am waiting for my order to arrive. I ordered an Eiger 10440, power level 6, neutral tint. Placed the order about 4 weeks ago.

The fun anticipation of checking the day's mail has long gone. Now it's just disappointing. Junk mail, bills, and no Eiger.

This is my first Peak LED, and I'm confident that when the great Eiger arrives, I'll quickly forget about the many days of waiting to see the light.

Dark tunnels suck.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
It took a month or so for my Eiger to arrive. Also in the past I have had two RMA's and they both took months to come back to me.

I think they are an honest company, but customer service is not their strong suit. Also it helps to nag them about once a week. I did not get my RMA lights back till I started nagging them by email and phone.

Gary123

Enlightened
I also placed an order and no word from Peak LED customer service. Emailed >3 times. Phone calls and voice messages to no avail.

Are they taking the money and running?

No, they aren't doing that. They've been around too long and are good folks.

But I will say, I returned a defective light two months ago and nothing yet. A month ago Kurt said he would send me a new light, but I've not received it. I have also been calling every few days for a month and they are never in. I've left several messages. This is the worst it has ever been with them. I hope nothing has happened with them.

LightBlue6

Newly Enlightened
I second what Gary123 said. I hope they are not experiencing problems of any kind. I've been hoping that these long delays are due to their business being strong lately.

Though this is my first Peak, I've known of them and their product reputation from the beginning of the post-Arc emergence days. I've been looking forward to an Eiger; it's the kind of light I use most.

America needs more small businesses like Peak LED. Whether making flashlights or anything else. Premium design, quality, and innovation; home grown.

whacko

Newly Enlightened
I recently got an Eiger from Flight in Winter (good prices, very fast ship). You will not be disappointed when/if your light ever shows up. I never thought that anyone, not even Peak would be able to make a light better than my beloved Matterhorn, but they did it, and it is an amazing AAA flashlight (especially in brass!)

Having said that I still find it unacceptable that it has taken them over 42 days now to get my products to me (I still don't have my order). In fact, I ordered from Flight in Winter because it was taking me so long to get my order from PeakLED. I had lost my Matty and needed an EDC that was of high quality.

The lack of communication is equally unacceptable. This isn't 1991 anymore. The internet is not new. There are literally dozens of ways you can communicate an order delay to a customer, even skipping the two most basic which would be email and phone.

I hope there are no personal or medical problems keeping either Curt or Robyn from doing their jobs, they both seem like very nice people from my limited communication with them. And if business is good for Peak right now, then I am very happy for them. Hire someone to answer phones and return emails.

I get it, primary sales are probably not Peak's most important business, I would guess that selling to resellers makes up the most of the companies income. However, Peak's products are not cheap and that kind of purchase deserves better customer service. If some teenager selling t-shirts on Etsy can answer the phone and return emails in a timely manner so too can two experienced adults who have been in business for more than a decade.

My 2¢ for what its worth. I will likely buy PeakLED flashlights again because they are amazing, but I doubt I will ever get them direct from the source (as I have before) after this.

arty

Enlightened
I placed an order 4/2 and have not seen the Eiger I ordered, and can't get any reply to phone calls.
This is very strange. In the past, someone would pick up the phone - Kurt.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
The dealers are better able to provide customer service. I've had excellent service and support from Bob of RMSK, Inc., for instance.

Still, I cringe whenever I read about a problem with factory support and it dampens my enthusiasm for further purchases.

Curt R

Enlightened
We have been very busy and unable to do the housekeeping
as far as correspondence. Also several returns and requests
for new lights are also sidetracked. We are trying to catch
up. This last month we made over six thousand parts for the
new QTC models plus reworking key ring bodies to fit the QTC
'pills'. We also made over 1200 Eiger HA heads.

The phones have been all sent to voice-mail as the ratio of cold
calls to real business calls became unmanageable. Sorry for the
inconvenience, its a Catch 22 sometimes.

It would be nice to be able to hire additional help, but right now
we are in that in-between stage, and a good web site would also
be nice, and so would a dozen other good ideas. All of those
things require capital, and we do not qualify as a small business
in the eyes of the feds, and the banks are doing a song and dance.
They say they want to loan money to small business, but. They tell
the Fed they need money to make loans with, get the money, and
turn around and buy T-Bills with it to finance the National Debt. :(

Curt

Last edited:

whacko

Newly Enlightened
HI Curt,

Thanks for the reply to this thread. Very much thank you. It has restored at least some of my faith in Peak LED. I am sorry to hear of your difficulties and I hope they all work out in a positive manner.

I know capital is hard to come by and without it is is difficult to expand your work force and make significant improvements to your business, but some of the suggestions and requests people have made could be done on the cheap.

For instance people don't like to navigate your web store because it is woefully out dated and hard to figure out what you are buying. However there are cheap options all around like BigCartel, Etsy and tons of other sites that will set up a web store for you with minimal maintenance (essentially ad products descriptions & photos). An even more flexible option could be an eBay store, again pretty cheap and extremely flexible. If you raised the price of your lights by $5 to offset any incurred fees I don't think anyone here would mind.

After all we are shopping for quality products, which is what you offer. You don't even have to offer all customization options, just offer a "standard" light configuration to keep the manufacturing simple. Or else offer heads & bodies separately in addition to offering standard light configurations.

There are options out there that could significantly minimize your work, while making it easier for customers to get the products that they want which I think is a win all around.

None of this matters if you don't have the bandwidth to get the light manufactured though :)

I will still wait (somewhat impatiently admittedly :) ) for my lights, I know they will be worth it.

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Whacko:
We have all the current products on RMSK's website. I stay in touch with Peak and they let me know
what is new in their product line. SO if you need something, especially with the pills being only 1 power level now in most Mountain series,
I usually have most items in stock. If I have a buy button they are at one time or another in stock and usually if
I don't have that flashlight in stock now neither does PEAK. You can call and if I'm not in I will return the call or email me and I will reply. This was the whole idea of RMSK being a distributor it would free up Peak to prodiuce and design the products that RMSK would sell. That way it will leave Curt and Robyn free to make the products that you guys want.
Thanks
Bob

Last edited:

whacko

Newly Enlightened
Hey Bob,

Sounds good. Let me know when those Brass AA Volcans come in :)

I just feel the need to add though, that if Peak doesn't want to or can't handle selling directly due to too much work, then they should either link to you when people hit the shop link, or else just take down their web store altogether. I have been a long time (8 years?) customer of Peak and I have always gotten them directly from the peakledsolutions.com website with no problems prior to my last order.

Your site is listed in Dealer Locations however that list isn't easy to find, nor does it seem current since only the link to your shop works.

-Jon

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bob, can you create a section for accessories?

Many of us would like to purchase clips, switches and bodies (especially bodies), and currently they don't appear to be offered except through Peak. Excepting a few of course.

For example, I know small Eiger bodies are available, as are El Capitan.

DUMDUM

Enlightened
jabe1 if Peak will ship them to me, I can talk to Curt and see what they have in stock. I will
then put up a page with all the accessories NP.
Bob

archimedes

Flashaholic
I would also be very interested in accessories, especially additional battery tubes (in different materials and cell sizes), for the pocket lights.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bob,I think that would alleviate many of the issues.

Also, is it possible to redirect from Peak's site (I know there are problems which maybe can't be solved) to yours?

DUMDUM

Enlightened
jabe1:

Because of tech reasons we can't do that. If they go to the dealer page I am first and the only link that is valid anyway.