New 3 speed AA Titanium Fatty (Cree XML)

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally finished up this new light for a CPF'er today. Well I still need to install the trits, so it's almost done.

It's a Fattyesque light in stature but utilizes a Cree XML and a 3-speed Shining Beam low voltage driver to be used with AA cells. However one can always use a different LE for lithium ion cells and more output. The owner wanted to be able to use readily available cells instead of relying on lithium ions. The beam is really nice and has decent output for a AA light.

Components are:

Custom made LE: Cree XML led and Shining Beam 3-speed driver
McR19XR reflector with custom made focusing and centering ring
McClickie switch and boot
UCL AR coated window
Trit sots 4 in head 4 in tail
Lanyard holes in tail
Crenelated bezel ring
Grooved body
Grooved and fluted head and tail

This light took quite awhile to complete due to life's obligations and I appreciate the owner's patience. I hope he will be pleased with it.

Here area a few pictures.

DSC_8015_resized.jpg

DSC_8064_resized.jpg

DSC_8062_resized.jpg

DSC_8036_resized.jpg

DSC_8033_resized.jpg

DSC_8017_resized.jpg

helios123

Enlightened
Hi Brian

I also appreciate your willingness to spare your time to make my light :)

It is beautiful and I absolutely love it. I'll contact you via email soon.

The process of making this light between me and Brian have been very enjoyable as we talk about the light a LOT at every stage of the process. Brian is a very nice guy which is also really patient in answering all of my questions about the light's components. If Brian is willing to make another light for me, then I'm up to it :) beautiful craftsmanship from a really nice guy.

Thanks Brian

Glenn

If Brian is willing to make another light for me, then I'm up to it.

Better get in line, Glenn! Brian's committed to a few others of us first! :D

Congrats on owning a true stunner! Is this your first Mirage Man custom? If it is, it certainly won't be your last. There's nothing more thrilling in the custom flashlight world than having one of the CPF masters craft a light to your very own specifications.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice light... Congrat, I just wondering why use a xml? It is not better or get more lumens with a xpg? Assuming that you will drive then with 900ma, or you can get more from a AA?