Imalent
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 159

Thread: Bin Laden Dead!

  1. #1
    Flashaholic* PapaLumen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    566

    Default Bin Laden Dead!

    Last edited by PapaLumen; 05-01-2011 at 09:28 PM.

  2. #2
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ventura, CA.
    Posts
    2,025

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Uh oh...
    originally cpf member #14 write me at gmail.

  3. #3
    Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'
    Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    The freakin' desert
    Posts
    14,226

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Quote Originally Posted by TedTheLed View Post
    Uh oh...
    Ted... how odd... that was my first thought also...
    Mobile apps for CPF & CPFMP now available in Google Play & iTunes!
    Search for "CandlePowerForums" and "CPFMarketPlace"


  4. #4
    Flashaholic* angelofwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,339

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Hell Yeah! We shoulda got him in Tora Bora, but that may have stirred th hornets nest...10 yeas later, even his sidekicks may not give a crap. Good Job guys! Wish I coulda been there for that one!

  5. #5
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,823

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Ted... how odd... that was my first thought also...
    I made the same topic over at EDCF.

    "Uh-oh" was my 2nd thought. My first was "F**K Yeah!"

    My Osama topic over there is all about celebrating! How do you guys plan to celebrate? Let's share!

    Not about muslims or religion or politics. Just about different ways of celebrating.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  6. #6
    Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'
    Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    The freakin' desert
    Posts
    14,226

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    No celebration here. Now just watching and waiting for the fall-out... as there most certainly will be. This ain't over... it has just begun.
    Mobile apps for CPF & CPFMP now available in Google Play & iTunes!
    Search for "CandlePowerForums" and "CPFMarketPlace"


  7. #7
    Flashaholic* S1LVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    733

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Celebrate? I bought 2 Surefires. GO AMERICA!

  8. #8

    Party OSAMA IS DEAD!!!

    Osama is dead, and President Obama said "One Nation under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All." They make school kids not say "under God," but maybe they will re-think it since the President said it on national TV. Thank God, thank whoever you want to that Osama is dead. I hope this has a good moral effect to the US troops and our allies, and I hope this sends fear into all of the bad guys that thought they were untouchable.

  9. #9
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,823

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    No celebration here. Now just watching and waiting for the fall-out... as there most certainly will be. This ain't over... it has just begun.
    Oh I agree with you. But I'm not letting that stop me from celebrating tomorrow night. Even though it is a Monday.

    The terrorists, the real ones regardless of nationality, will use any excuse in the world to do what they want to do. They hate America, everything it stands for, and all of us. They use a bunch of excuses. But it all boils down to hating America and everything she stands for. They'll simply use his death as another excuse. I'm not letting them damper my mood. Why? Simply because they have a new "excuse." Screw them. Time to celebrate.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  10. #10
    Flashaholic* Beamhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    gone "Squatchin" :p
    Posts
    3,564

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    No celebration here. Now just watching and waiting for the fall-out... as there most certainly will be. This ain't over... it has just begun.
    You really think there will be? I think we have weakened them to the point of "minor" disturbances. But I could be wrong.
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

  11. #11
    Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'
    Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    The freakin' desert
    Posts
    14,226

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    You really think there will be? I think we have weakened them to the point of "minor" disturbances. But I could be wrong.
    Beam... yeah, I really do think there will be. The ones who will be 'in charge' now are likely to not be as 'level-headed'. They have shown in the past their tendancies toward extreme radical. And the whole martyr thing is right up there on their bucket lists...
    Mobile apps for CPF & CPFMP now available in Google Play & iTunes!
    Search for "CandlePowerForums" and "CPFMarketPlace"


  12. #12
    Flashaholic* angelofwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,339

    Default Re: OSAMA IS DEAD!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TDFbound View Post
    Osama is dead, and President Obama said "One Nation under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All." They make school kids not say "under God," but maybe they will re-think it since the President said it on national TV. Thank God, thank whoever you want to that Osama is dead. I hope this has a good moral effect to the US troops and our allies, and I hope this sends fear into all of the bad guys that thought they were untouchable.
    Amen...but this will probably (read: will) get locked and/or moved to the cafe)

  13. #13
    *Flashaholic* StarHalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California Republic
    Posts
    7,271

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    You realize that there is no 20th century analogue to this event; Hitler committed suicide and had his body recovered by Russians, Mussolini was executed by local communists, etc. This is the first time in modern history our men on the ground forced their way into an encampment, kicked in a door, and simply blew away the most wanted war criminal in the world..

  14. #14
    Flashaholic* qip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    u.s
    Posts
    1,503

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    great news Obama gettin Osama but also being in NYC and working in midtown i do feel anxious for the weeks ahead

  15. #15
    Flashaholic* angelofwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,339

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Oh I agree with you. But I'm not letting that stop me from celebrating tomorrow night. Even though it is a Monday.

    The terrorists, the real ones regardless of nationality, will use any excuse in the world to do what they want to do. They hate America, everything it stands for, and all of us. They use a bunch of excuses. But it all boils down to hating America and everything she stands for. They'll simply use his death as another excuse. I'm not letting them damper my mood. Why? Simply because they have a new "excuse." Screw them. Time to celebrate.
    +1,000,000,000

  16. #16
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,823

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    You realize that there is no 20th century analogue to this event; Hitler committed suicide and had his body recovered by Russians, Mussolini was executed by local communists, etc. This is the first time in modern history our men on the ground forced their way into an encampment, kicked in a door, and simply blew away the most wanted war criminal in the world.
    Excellent point you bring up . . . Time to hand out some medals!
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  17. #17
    Flashaholic* qip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    u.s
    Posts
    1,503

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Beam... yeah, I really do think there will be. The ones who will be 'in charge' now are likely to not be as 'level-headed'. They have shown in the past their tendancies toward extreme radical. And the whole martyr thing is right up there on their bucket lists...

    im not even worried about the leaders carrying out orders , my first thought were the cells just acting on there own in retaliation no matter if the leaders gave the order or not ...and no one knows how many cells there are but likely could be many which just makes it more possible

  18. #18

    Default Re: OSAMA IS DEAD!!!

    oh, sorry! I didn't know where to put it and I honestly didn't bother looking to hard. I was super excited and just posted it first place I saw a "new thread" button.

  19. #19
    Flashaholic* Beamhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    gone "Squatchin" :p
    Posts
    3,564

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    All I can say is I refuse to live in fear of any retaliation. Being ever vigilant is another matter, where I live situational awareness is second nature.
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

  20. #20
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Arnieland
    Posts
    2,305

    Default Re: OSAMA IS DEAD!!!

    Woo-hoo, but yes, wrong thread.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

  21. #21
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,823

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    All I can say is I refuse to live in fear of any retaliation. Being ever vigilant is another matter, where I live situational awareness is second nature.
    Where I live, most folks are oblivious as Hell.

    But I'll raise a glass to you tomorrow when I'm celebrating! (Along with another one to anyone else who's doing likewise.)
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  22. #22
    Retired Administrator Norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gippsland Australia
    Posts
    8,739

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Both Osama threads merged.
    Norm

  23. #23

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Lights out for Mr. Bin Laden!

  24. #24
    *Flashaholic* StarHalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California Republic
    Posts
    7,271

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    The mansion that Bin Laden was hiding in sounds like quite a fortress; Eight times bigger than any house in the area, at the end of a long road, 12-15 foot high concrete walls topped with barbed wire, two security gates, very few windows on the ground floor. But there were clues - trash was burned daily, the house had no phone or Internet connection, the couriers who moved in and out of the compound ad no known source of income..

    The Navy SEALS required 40 minutes for the operation; Osama, one of Osama's sons, two other male adults, and a woman who was used as a human shield was killed. Osama did engage the operatives and fired on them. No operatives were lost, one helicopter was lost due to mechanical failure and was summarily self-destructed on-site.

  25. #25
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Arnieland
    Posts
    2,305

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Where I live, most folks are oblivious as Hell.

    But I'll raise a glass to you tomorrow when I'm celebrating! (Along with another one to anyone else who's doing likewise.)
    Raise one for me too.

    Interesting to note Hitler and bin Laden's death was announced on the exact same day, May 1st:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/3571497.stm
    Last edited by dudemar; 05-02-2011 at 12:58 AM.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    The mansion that Bin Laden was hiding in sounds like quite a fortress; Eight times bigger than any house in the area, at the end of a long road, 12-15 foot high concrete walls topped with barbed wire, two security gates, very few windows on the ground floor. But there were clues - trash was burned daily, the house had no phone or Internet connection, the couriers who moved in and out of the compound ad no known source of income..

    The Navy SEALS required 40 minutes for the operation; Osama, one of Osama's sons, two other male adults, and a woman who was used as a human shield was killed. Osama did engage the operatives and fired on them. No operatives were lost, one helicopter was lost due to mechanical failure and was summarily self-destructed on-site.
    Where are you getting all this info? The only stuff I can find basically says "He's dead!" and regurgitates the same stuff from other news stories. It would be nice to read more into what really happened.

  27. #27
    Flashaholic* leukos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Sounds like he was awfully cozy in the heart of Pakistan....
    Light is sweet and pleasing to the eyes....

  28. #28
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Woodland, CA
    Posts
    9,832

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Moving this to the Cafe.

    Bill

  29. #29
    *Flashaholic* StarHalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California Republic
    Posts
    7,271

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Quote Originally Posted by Potato42 View Post
    Where are you getting all this info? The only stuff I can find basically says "He's dead!" and regurgitates the same stuff from other news stories. It would be nice to read more into what really happened.
    KFI News on the AM radio dial here in SoCal, they have quite a few veteran inside people.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

    Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Oh I agree with you. But I'm not letting that stop me from celebrating tomorrow night. Even though it is a Monday.

    The terrorists, the real ones regardless of nationality, will use any excuse in the world to do what they want to do. They hate America, everything it stands for, and all of us. They use a bunch of excuses. But it all boils down to hating America and everything she stands for. They'll simply use his death as another excuse. I'm not letting them damper my mood. Why? Simply because they have a new "excuse." Screw them. Time to celebrate.
    I think it's a bit simplitic and short sighted to say "They hate America, everything it stands for, and all of us. They use a bunch of excuses."

    Some have "excuses" I can understand. I can't understand blowing up women and children, but there are occassions were I can understand their anger at America. Admittedly the anger should fall on their own governments first, but then they're sometimes chosen by the US in the first place too.

    "They hate freedom" was a great Bush catch cry, but often untrue.
    Loyalty above all else, except Honour

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •