Imalent
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bin Laden Dead!

Default Bin Laden Dead!

Last edited by PapaLumen; 05-01-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

Uh oh...
    originally cpf member #14 write me at gmail.

Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'

Quote Originally Posted by TedTheLed View Post
    Uh oh...
    Ted... how odd... that was my first thought also...
    Mobile apps for CPF & CPFMP now available in Google Play & iTunes!
    Search for "CandlePowerForums" and "CPFMarketPlace"

Hell Yeah! We shoulda got him in Tora Bora, but that may have stirred th hornets nest...10 yeas later, even his sidekicks may not give a crap. Good Job guys! Wish I coulda been there for that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Ted... how odd... that was my first thought also...
    I made the same topic over at EDCF.

"Uh-oh" was my 2nd thought. My first was "F**K Yeah!"

My Osama topic over there is all about celebrating! How do you guys plan to celebrate? Let's share!

Not about muslims or religion or politics. Just about different ways of celebrating.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'

No celebration here. Now just watching and waiting for the fall-out... as there most certainly will be. This ain't over... it has just begun.

Celebrate? I bought 2 Surefires. GO AMERICA!

Party OSAMA IS DEAD!!!

Osama is dead, and President Obama said "One Nation under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All." They make school kids not say "under God," but maybe they will re-think it since the President said it on national TV. Thank God, thank whoever you want to that Osama is dead. I hope this has a good moral effect to the US troops and our allies, and I hope this sends fear into all of the bad guys that thought they were untouchable.

No celebration here. Now just watching and waiting for the fall-out... as there most certainly will be. This ain't over... it has just begun.
    Oh I agree with you. But I'm not letting that stop me from celebrating tomorrow night. Even though it is a Monday.

The terrorists, the real ones regardless of nationality, will use any excuse in the world to do what they want to do. They hate America, everything it stands for, and all of us. They use a bunch of excuses. But it all boils down to hating America and everything she stands for. They'll simply use his death as another excuse. I'm not letting them damper my mood. Why? Simply because they have a new "excuse." Screw them. Time to celebrate.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

You really think there will be? I think we have weakened them to the point of "minor" disturbances. But I could be wrong.
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    You really think there will be? I think we have weakened them to the point of "minor" disturbances. But I could be wrong.
    Beam... yeah, I really do think there will be. The ones who will be 'in charge' now are likely to not be as 'level-headed'. They have shown in the past their tendancies toward extreme radical. And the whole martyr thing is right up there on their bucket lists...

Default Re: OSAMA IS DEAD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TDFbound View Post
    Osama is dead, and President Obama said "One Nation under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All." They make school kids not say "under God," but maybe they will re-think it since the President said it on national TV. Thank God, thank whoever you want to that Osama is dead. I hope this has a good moral effect to the US troops and our allies, and I hope this sends fear into all of the bad guys that thought they were untouchable.
    Amen...but this will probably (read: will) get locked and/or moved to the cafe)

You realize that there is no 20th century analogue to this event; Hitler committed suicide and had his body recovered by Russians, Mussolini was executed by local communists, etc. This is the first time in modern history our men on the ground forced their way into an encampment, kicked in a door, and simply blew away the most wanted war criminal in the world..

great news Obama gettin Osama but also being in NYC and working in midtown i do feel anxious for the weeks ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Oh I agree with you. But I'm not letting that stop me from celebrating tomorrow night. Even though it is a Monday.

The terrorists, the real ones regardless of nationality, will use any excuse in the world to do what they want to do. They hate America, everything it stands for, and all of us. They use a bunch of excuses. But it all boils down to hating America and everything she stands for. They'll simply use his death as another excuse. I'm not letting them damper my mood. Why? Simply because they have a new "excuse." Screw them. Time to celebrate.
    +1,000,000,000

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    You realize that there is no 20th century analogue to this event; Hitler committed suicide and had his body recovered by Russians, Mussolini was executed by local communists, etc. This is the first time in modern history our men on the ground forced their way into an encampment, kicked in a door, and simply blew away the most wanted war criminal in the world.
    Excellent point you bring up . . . Time to hand out some medals!

Beam... yeah, I really do think there will be. The ones who will be 'in charge' now are likely to not be as 'level-headed'. They have shown in the past their tendancies toward extreme radical. And the whole martyr thing is right up there on their bucket lists...

im not even worried about the leaders carrying out orders , my first thought were the cells just acting on there own in retaliation no matter if the leaders gave the order or not ...and no one knows how many cells there are but likely could be many which just makes it more possible

oh, sorry! I didn't know where to put it and I honestly didn't bother looking to hard. I was super excited and just posted it first place I saw a "new thread" button.

All I can say is I refuse to live in fear of any retaliation. Being ever vigilant is another matter, where I live situational awareness is second nature.
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Flashaholic*

Woo-hoo, but yes, wrong thread.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    All I can say is I refuse to live in fear of any retaliation. Being ever vigilant is another matter, where I live situational awareness is second nature.
    Where I live, most folks are oblivious as Hell.

But I'll raise a glass to you tomorrow when I'm celebrating! (Along with another one to anyone else who's doing likewise.)

Both Osama threads merged.
    Norm

Lights out for Mr. Bin Laden!

The mansion that Bin Laden was hiding in sounds like quite a fortress; Eight times bigger than any house in the area, at the end of a long road, 12-15 foot high concrete walls topped with barbed wire, two security gates, very few windows on the ground floor. But there were clues - trash was burned daily, the house had no phone or Internet connection, the couriers who moved in and out of the compound ad no known source of income..

The Navy SEALS required 40 minutes for the operation; Osama, one of Osama's sons, two other male adults, and a woman who was used as a human shield was killed. Osama did engage the operatives and fired on them. No operatives were lost, one helicopter was lost due to mechanical failure and was summarily self-destructed on-site.

Flashaholic*

Where I live, most folks are oblivious as Hell.

But I'll raise a glass to you tomorrow when I'm celebrating! (Along with another one to anyone else who's doing likewise.)
    Raise one for me too.

Interesting to note Hitler and bin Laden's death was announced on the exact same day, May 1st:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/3571497.stm
    Last edited by dudemar; 05-02-2011 at 12:58 AM.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    The mansion that Bin Laden was hiding in sounds like quite a fortress; Eight times bigger than any house in the area, at the end of a long road, 12-15 foot high concrete walls topped with barbed wire, two security gates, very few windows on the ground floor. But there were clues - trash was burned daily, the house had no phone or Internet connection, the couriers who moved in and out of the compound ad no known source of income..

The Navy SEALS required 40 minutes for the operation; Osama, one of Osama's sons, two other male adults, and a woman who was used as a human shield was killed. Osama did engage the operatives and fired on them. No operatives were lost, one helicopter was lost due to mechanical failure and was summarily self-destructed on-site.
    Where are you getting all this info? The only stuff I can find basically says "He's dead!" and regurgitates the same stuff from other news stories. It would be nice to read more into what really happened.

Sounds like he was awfully cozy in the heart of Pakistan....
    Light is sweet and pleasing to the eyes....

Moving this to the Cafe.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Potato42 View Post
    Where are you getting all this info? The only stuff I can find basically says "He's dead!" and regurgitates the same stuff from other news stories. It would be nice to read more into what really happened.
    KFI News on the AM radio dial here in SoCal, they have quite a few veteran inside people.

I think it's a bit simplitic and short sighted to say "They hate America, everything it stands for, and all of us. They use a bunch of excuses."

Some have "excuses" I can understand. I can't understand blowing up women and children, but there are occassions were I can understand their anger at America. Admittedly the anger should fall on their own governments first, but then they're sometimes chosen by the US in the first place too.

"They hate freedom" was a great Bush catch cry, but often untrue.
    Loyalty above all else, except Honour