Bin Laden Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hell Yeah! We shoulda got him in Tora Bora, but that may have stirred th hornets nest...10 yeas later, even his sidekicks may not give a crap. Good Job guys! Wish I coulda been there for that one!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Ted... how odd... that was my first thought also...

I made the same topic over at EDCF.

"Uh-oh" was my 2nd thought. My first was "F**K Yeah!"

My Osama topic over there is all about celebrating! How do you guys plan to celebrate? Let's share!

Not about muslims or religion or politics. Just about different ways of celebrating. :)

Greta

Flashaholic
No celebration here. Now just watching and waiting for the fall-out... as there most certainly will be. This ain't over... it has just begun.

TDFbound

Newly Enlightened
OSAMA IS DEAD!!!

Osama is dead, and President Obama said "One Nation under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All." They make school kids not say "under God," but maybe they will re-think it since the President said it on national TV. Thank God, thank whoever you want to that Osama is dead. I hope this has a good moral effect to the US troops and our allies, and I hope this sends fear into all of the bad guys that thought they were untouchable.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
No celebration here. Now just watching and waiting for the fall-out... as there most certainly will be. This ain't over... it has just begun.

Oh I agree with you. But I'm not letting that stop me from celebrating tomorrow night. Even though it is a Monday.

The terrorists, the real ones regardless of nationality, will use any excuse in the world to do what they want to do. They hate America, everything it stands for, and all of us. They use a bunch of excuses. But it all boils down to hating America and everything she stands for. They'll simply use his death as another excuse. I'm not letting them damper my mood. Why? Simply because they have a new "excuse." Screw them. Time to celebrate.

Greta

Flashaholic
You really think there will be? I think we have weakened them to the point of "minor" disturbances. But I could be wrong.

Beam... yeah, I really do think there will be. The ones who will be 'in charge' now are likely to not be as 'level-headed'. They have shown in the past their tendancies toward extreme radical. And the whole martyr thing is right up there on their bucket lists... :ironic:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: OSAMA IS DEAD!!!

Osama is dead, and President Obama said "One Nation under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All." They make school kids not say "under God," but maybe they will re-think it since the President said it on national TV. Thank God, thank whoever you want to that Osama is dead. I hope this has a good moral effect to the US troops and our allies, and I hope this sends fear into all of the bad guys that thought they were untouchable.

Amen...but this will probably (read: will) get locked and/or moved to the cafe)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
You realize that there is no 20th century analogue to this event; Hitler committed suicide and had his body recovered by Russians, Mussolini was executed by local communists, etc. This is the first time in modern history our men on the ground forced their way into an encampment, kicked in a door, and simply blew away the most wanted war criminal in the world..

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
great news Obama gettin Osama but also being in NYC and working in midtown i do feel anxious for the weeks ahead

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I agree with you. But I'm not letting that stop me from celebrating tomorrow night. Even though it is a Monday.

The terrorists, the real ones regardless of nationality, will use any excuse in the world to do what they want to do. They hate America, everything it stands for, and all of us. They use a bunch of excuses. But it all boils down to hating America and everything she stands for. They'll simply use his death as another excuse. I'm not letting them damper my mood. Why? Simply because they have a new "excuse." Screw them. Time to celebrate.

+1,000,000,000

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You realize that there is no 20th century analogue to this event; Hitler committed suicide and had his body recovered by Russians, Mussolini was executed by local communists, etc. This is the first time in modern history our men on the ground forced their way into an encampment, kicked in a door, and simply blew away the most wanted war criminal in the world.

Excellent point you bring up . . . Time to hand out some medals!

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beam... yeah, I really do think there will be. The ones who will be 'in charge' now are likely to not be as 'level-headed'. They have shown in the past their tendancies toward extreme radical. And the whole martyr thing is right up there on their bucket lists... :ironic:

im not even worried about the leaders carrying out orders , my first thought were the cells just acting on there own in retaliation no matter if the leaders gave the order or not ...and no one knows how many cells there are but likely could be many which just makes it more possible

TDFbound

Newly Enlightened
Re: OSAMA IS DEAD!!!

oh, sorry! I didn't know where to put it and I honestly didn't bother looking to hard. I was super excited and just posted it first place I saw a "new thread" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.