Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bin Laden Dead!

Default Re: Bin Laden Dead!

Quote Originally Posted by TedTheLed View Post
    Yep..
    And imagine what we could do with the extra trillion dollars it cost to get him..
    (world war 1 cost 'only' 250 to 400 billion dollars (not inflation adjusted...)
    ....and the million civilian lives...
    He was old and sick, we probably dild him a frikin favor, we should all die as quickly and pain free..
    We shoulda taken him alive...
    A young woman on a forum outside of CPF where I'm also a regular, posted a general breakdown of all the time, money, and resources that it took to get Osama. And she raised an excellent point, without even knowing it. Namely . . .

As Americans, we WILL find you. We don't care how much it costs, how much gas we use up, resources or time. We WILL find you! Like a rabid dog who has zeroed in on his preferred buttocks. We WILL find out where you are. We are not going to stop until you are brought to Justice. And if you decide that enough time has passed that you can stop maintaining a very low profile, move into a mansion in a town where it's the biggest structure there, move your immediate family in with you, and live as though you're a well-to-do retiree in Florida, well; that's your stupid decision. We don't care about the economic factor, the use of resources, or any of that. When you murder innocent people in our nation, we WILL find you.

Be right back. I'm going to get some Jack Daniels and soda. Yup, still celebrating. I make a mean Jack & Coke, if I do say so myself.
    Last edited by Monocrom; 05-03-2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Be right back. I'm going to get some Jack Daniels and soda. Yup, still celebrating. I make a mean Jack & Coke, if I do say so myself.
    Old #7 and me used to be best buds, try this once, take a tall glass, 1 shot of Jack, 1 shot of Peppermint Schnapps 2 ice cubes and top it off with ginger ale.
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    Old #7 and me used to be best buds, try this once, take a tall glass, 1 shot of Jack, 1 shot of Peppermint Schnapps 2 ice cubes and top it off with ginger ale.
    You know, that really does sound good.

I guess technically it's morning. Bit late for alcohol now. Will try it very soon. No ginger ale and only Peach Schnapps in the cabinet. Thanks for helping me celebrate.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    Make that Rumplemintzs instead of Peppermint Schnapps, and call me a cab . . .

Flashaholic*

A drink I read about on Facebook, I think the poster called it "Bin Laden"

"Two shots and a splash of water".

Made my day, had a good laugh.

Cheers
    Thorsten

Flashaholic*

Is anybody familiar with the phrase "photgraphs or it didn't happen"?? This is the same government that told us Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.
    will work for peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by smokinbasser View Post
    Is anybody familiar with the phrase "photgraphs or it didn't happen"?? This is the same government that told us Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.
    I use "POYAL" pics or you are lying.

I personally don't need photographs; videos of beheadings and images of blood and gore are their way, not ours. The DNA test will be far more conclusive than any photograph anyway.

This is the same government that told us Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.
    That would be the previous government.

Enlightened

That's a true statement, BUT, with today's photoshop anything can be made to look real.
    Sometimes we just have to believe certain stories. Can you imagine if bin Laden showed up later on. In short between media and high ranking government officials claim his death, I'm satisfied that bin Laden, himself, is no longer a threat.

However, does this open a new can of worms? I'm sure that theory was talked about before his demise. There are, and will be, all kinds of conspiracy theories floating around. If he ever did resurface (poor choice of words) I think a lot of high ranking people would have egg on their faces and a lot of "splaining to do, Lucy"
    Life is like a dance. You learn as you go.
    Fear not to ask questions, else you'll never learn and you'll never know.

Take it with a grain of salt bin laden has been dead for over 5 years!!!!!!!!!!

Enlightened

also the same govt that around 03 expressed having no interest whatsoever in getting osama bin laden.
    and then made a big deal out of saddam, when he started driving down the price of oil.

anyways it doesnt matter one bit if this guy lives or dies, it will have zero effect on terrorism in general.
    well other then pissing off the entire muslim world, again, when they desecrated his body with a burial at sea.

why is it the us does everything it possibly can utterly wrong whenever it has the chance?
    and why is it that noone so far has ever mentioned the fact that america is waging a war on 2 fronts???
    no military force in history has ever won a war on 2 fronts, and now they are opening up a new front in lybia?

so what is happening to the usa?

a war on 2.5 fronts, massive wealth passing from the people into the hands of individuals,
    still no repeal of the patriot act and military comissions act, which are in now way deminished in their
    ability to empower a would be tyrant, and a general public that is
    blind to the fact that the left and the right are furthering the exact same agenda.

how can this persist without the utter and total destruction of the usa?

your military is stuck overseas, your money is becoming worthless...
    what if another 911 attack happens right now?

Enlightened

Sometimes we just have to believe certain stories.
    no you don't
    you make it sound like there is a binary choice between knowing and believing.
    allow me to suggest a third option, that imo is worth considering:

the acceptence of ignorance.
    simply accept the fact that u do not know, and unless/until new information
    presents itself, leave it at that.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Federal LG View Post
    I just don´t believe that "we threw his body in the ocean" part of the story...
    My guess is they did... most of it, anyway. They may have kept one or two mementoes...
    Resistance is futile...

Quote Originally Posted by TyJo View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, I still do not see how this event can increase the desire or ability of terrorists to do harm, I think their capacity to do harm is the same or has been decreased by the killing of bin laden. They always have and still do want to kill innocent people, their lack of success is due to the fact that they are outgunned, outsmarted, and simply don't have the resources. The circumstances surrounding the killing don't portray bin laden or allow his death to function as a martyr. He has ran like a coward for a decade, hidden, been isolated from his al qaeda following, fallen out of leadership, and finally killed. Even to his most devoted followers I do not see how this can be motivating or sound righteous.
    I understand your points, but then we are not ignorant, uneducated, desperate fanatical terrorists, and can't think like them. Those who have put Bin Laden on their pedestal, revere him as the greatest Muslim alive. Killing him becomes a "trigger" event, that when coupled with the American jubilation (which I support and understand), will justify the most severe reactions possible. Our borders are not secure, and various types of WMD's abound. I wish it wasn't so.

My only bone of contention is those who wanted the Abu Ghraib photos released are now suddenly sensitive about releasing a photo of the worlds most wanted terrorist at room temp.

I have much more of a concern about these things being presented/highlighted, in addition to all the disclosures of what intel was seized.

Stealth Helicopter and copious tactical details revealed, with following videos going on and on.

Circular firing squad Leon Panetta conversation leaving less and less certainty.

He's dead Jim!

Later
    Kelly
    Lucas Jackson, "Here, Captain"
    Maliciously destroying municipal property while under the influence, What was that?
    "Cutting the heads off parking meters, Captain."

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by LuxLuthor View Post
    I understand your points, but then we are not ignorant, uneducated, desperate fanatical terrorists, and can't think like them. Those who have put Bin Laden on their pedestal, revere him as the greatest Muslim alive. Killing him becomes a "trigger" event, that when coupled with the American jubilation (which I support and understand), will justify the most severe reactions possible. Our borders are not secure, and various types of WMD's abound. I wish it wasn't so.
    I still feel that this won't increase the capacity/ability of terrorists to do harm, but I do understand your points. I agree that it is not possible to understand the thinking of terrorists, our borders are not secure enough, and that there are effective weapons that terrorists have access to.

I do not buy into the idea that "billions of dollars were used to capture this one man." The money used in intelligence and such was not to kill bin laden, but rather prevent terror attacks and fight terrorism as a whole. I doubt there was a "bin laden fund", but if there was I hope my tax dollars were in it.

That´s what I was thinking: photographs or it didn´t happen!

First they said Bin Laden was armed and used a woman as a human shield. Now, they said it didn´t happened.

Someone said they have videos of the full action, with pictures of Obama and Mrs. Clinton watching the slaughter. Now they say there was no live video footage.

Maybe they show the "DNA test". Would it be a piece of paper with a red word "Match" on it? Is it a solid proof??

I want to believe Bin Laden is dead, but I thought US government would show pictures proving it. I wouldn´t believe in a DNA test wrote in a piece of paper. Like a CPF friend said, US government said Iraq has weapons of mass destruction once...

Spread the pictures. Prove what you said, and make what Sun Tzu wrote in the ancient "Art of War":

"Kill one, terrify a thousand."

Maybe the bad guys will think twice when they see what a Seal Unit can do with their enemies.

I think most of the world population would want to see those pictures (if it exists...).

But... respectfully guys... do you always believe in EVERYTHING your government says?

"I LOVE THE SMELL OF LITHIUM BATTERIES IN THE MORNING..." - Kilgore

'weapons of mass destruction' are categorized as nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons. Iraq 100% used mustard gas on Iranian troops, and Kurdish civilians. This is a proven fact from the Iran-Iraq war.

Nukes aren't the only WMD out there.

Flashaholic*

I disagree with the conspiracy theories. 9/11 was not a conspiracy, the killing of bin laden is not a conspiracy. I do not believe everything that the media says, but I do believe in the United States Government. I cannot fathom the amount of effort that a "hoax" or "conspiracy" would require, but I do think that this would have been leaked by now based on the simple fact that very large amounts of people would be involved. Bin laden is dead, I don't need further evidence, but I would love to see the video, or picture, because I enjoy evil being destroyed.

This is a complex issue and there have been opinions that have challenged my own, but I attempt to understand them without bias. Obviously bias is impossible to avoid, I understand that my opinions are affected by my beliefs/morals/etc. There will always be those who deny bin laden is dead. This cannot be changed with DNA evidence, or pictures, or video. I do not know what should be done with the evidence that shows he is gone.

I guess I hope the world as a whole can understand that this isn't a conspiracy. Bin laden is dead, and the U.S. government killed him and disposed of him properly. The understanding or opinion surrounding the situation does not matter, USA did it perfect.

The article about the video blackout is interesting... It does seem like there are some significant inconsistencies about the story, first with the claim the bin Laden was armed when he was not, and that his wife had maybe been used as a human shield... However, the fact that the President and his team weren't actually watching the feed makes all of this confusion reasonable, since any information would have to come from debriefing the SEALs themselves, and human memory is a very imprecise thing in general, especially when the details that need to be remembered are those of a high adrenaline firefight in the dark, where it might not have been completely clear what was going on as it was occuring.

I don't doubt that he is now dead considering many of his supporters are calling him a martyr; if he was still alive there would no doubt be some sort of denial by Al Qaeda or a video featuring bin Laden himself. Obama said that bin Laden "will not walk this earth again," and I believe him. Pictures would provide more concrete proof, but he has decided not to release them so that seems to be out of the question. Honestly I think that they should have been released because I feel that transparent journalism is especially important in war in order to prevent the populace from falling victim to propoganda; in order to make educated judgements about going to war we must understand what can result from it. The people who would be offended by the release of his picture are already offended by his death. I am by no means an expert on this matter, but the radicals in Al Qaeda and other organizations are set on their beliefs and nothing we do as a nation will change their views of us; they clearly already hate us enough to do whatever they can to destroy us. If they had nuclear material or a biological weapon they would be planning to use it already, and I very much doubt that releasing a picture of bin Laden would make them any more likely to do so, as they already hate America pretty much the maximum amount possible.
    I suppose there could be a risk of some sort of less organized riots following release of the pictures because it somehow is disrespectful to bin Laden or his religion, but I feel that he lost the privilege of respect when he decided to organize terrorist attacks that killed other humans.

And this is my own personal belief, but I strongly disagree with those who are critical of the way bin Laden's body was disposed. Why should he deserve a proper burial according to his beliefs when thousands of other people were killed because of him, thereby stripping them of something much more important than the right to their desired burial: their lives. Those with no respect for life deserve no respect in death.
    To quote Clint Eastwood's charater in the 1992 film Unforgiven:
    "It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    bin Laden took away everything from thousands of people. I feel that he should be allowed to keep nothing in death, including his dignity.
    Eagletac T10L, 3D maglite with Malkoff 3-6D XP-G Dropin, Stanley 35 watt HID, Gerber LX 3.0, L-mini II Q3-5C, 2D ROP w/ LiMnNi 26650, Eagletac P100A2, Quark Mini AA XP-G S2

Photos and video footage will be released by Obama in due time. With an election fast approaching, they are being saved as a "Trump" card for a time that will bounce poll numbers and achieve maximum political gain.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJones View Post
    your military is stuck overseas, your money is becoming worthless...
    what if another 911 attack happens right now?
    We (I) got it covered...from the military aspect anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    "It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    bin Laden took away everything from thousands of people. I feel that he should be allowed to keep nothing in death, including his dignity.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by angelofwar View Post
    We (I) got it covered...from the military aspect anyways...

And for that! We thank you my friend!!
    Stay Safe
    Flashlight Modifications available upon request
    "I have to go return some video tapes." -Patrick Bateman

I'm certain he's really dead. Think about it. If Obama made this announcement in late October 2012, I'd be skeptical. But he's making it now, well over a year before the next election. Any bounce he gets from this will be long gone by then, indeed probably by next week, as people return to focusing on $5.00 gasoline and other more immediate concerns. So there is really no upside to lying about it. By contrast, the downside risk is being proven wrong by a new bin Laden video, mocking the failed attack on his doppelgänger. It would absolutely destroy his reelection campaign.

In short, even if you don't generally like or trust Obama, it doesn't matter in this case: simple self-preservation dictates that you don't make an announcement of this kind unless you are absolutely certain it is true.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJones View Post
    no you don't
    you make it sound like there is a binary choice between knowing and believing.
    allow me to suggest a third option, that imo is worth considering:

the acceptence of ignorance.
    simply accept the fact that u do not know, and unless/until new information
    presents itself, leave it at that.
    There comes a time in your life when you/we hear all kinds of stuff, the bad guys, media hype and what's wrong with the world. If our heads of states say he's dead whether this week or last 5 years ago, if nothing else, it will relax some of our smaller minded people.

No matter what tragic event takes place we need to move on and figure how to "better" this planet we call home. bin Laden was a figure head and I'm sure he had many brainwashed followers willing to sacrifice there meaningless lives.

It's about freedom and democracy. If bin Laden was taken before the courts there would have been a lot more hell to pay and a circus like you wouldn't believe. You thought O.J. Simpsaon and Lindsay Loahan was bad?????
    I don't need video or picture proof.

If they say he's dead let's accept that and move on OR this will be a soap opera for years to come. If he resurfaces again, they'll re-kill him again [touch of humor and sarcasm-noted]
    Life is like a dance. You learn as you go.
    Fear not to ask questions, else you'll never learn and you'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by BriteIdea View Post
    There comes a time in your life when you/we hear all kinds of stuff, the bad guys, media hype and what's wrong with the world. If our heads of states say he's dead whether this week or last 5 years ago, if nothing else, it will relax some of our smaller minded people.

No matter what tragic event takes place we need to move on and figure how to "better" this planet we call home. bin Laden was a figure head and I'm sure he had many brainwashed followers willing to sacrifice there meaningless lives.

It's about freedom and democracy. If bin Laden was taken before the courts there would have been a lot more hell to pay and a circus like you wouldn't believe. You thought O.J. Simpsaon and Lindsay Loahan was bad?????
    I don't need video or picture proof.

If they say he's dead let's accept that and move on OR this will be a soap opera for years to come. If he resurfaces again, they'll re-kill him again [touch of humor and sarcasm-noted]
    +1
    You Can't Fix STUPID!

Flashaholic*

Default Theatre of the absurd

Usama bin Laden died a LONG time ago.
    He was not alive to see the year 2002.

Secondly it would have been nice to arrest him, give him a trial, and see 1 piece of evidence that he had anything to do with the 9/11 inside job.