SST 50 EDC 1.4a

bmcgators98

Enlightened
I ordered a SST-50 EDC a few weeks ago and have been patiently waiting :whistle: for the arrival of the new light. I ordered the Ti version in the 4500k tint. I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to get the 1.4a version, deciding I would prefer runtime over lumens. I am going to use an AW IMR 18350 cell rated at 700mah. I have read most of the threads on the light did not find what I was looking for. Can someone comment on the output on low and med> I know high is around 280. What about expected runtimes?

Can't wait for my light. All the comments have been consistently great.

Last edited:

KenAnderson

Enlightened
Can't say exactly on the 1.4, but on my 2.8, I get 20 min on high, 90 minutes on medium and approximately 16 hours on low. I would guess you should see double what I get.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have bought the exact combo I would have - if I had the $$$s. 1.4amps is plenty with the SST-50 to get high output with practical runtimes and good Lithium Ion/Primary cell flexibility - nice choice!!

James.... :)
I ordered a SST-50 EDC a few weeks ago and have been patiently waiting :whistle: for the arrival of the new light. I ordered the Ti version in the 4500k tint. I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to get the 1.4a version, deciding I would prefer runtime over lumens. I am going to use an AW IMR 18350 cell rated at 700mah. I have read most of the threads on the light did not find what I was looking for. Can someone comment on the output on low and med> I know high is around 280. What about expected runtimes?

Can't wait for my light. All the comments have been consistently great.

bmcgators98

Enlightened
My light came today. All I can say is wow. It is perfect. Great beam, Fit and finish is perfect. I love how when you screw down the battery tube the connection disappears and it looks like one solid piece with no opening. Can't wait to walk the dog tonight and test it out. May also do some runtime tests and take some pictures to post. It's already in my pocket. Thanks Mac!

recDNA

Flashaholic
Why not get a 3 mode 2.8 amp model and utilize low or medium power for runtime?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
So what are the outpus on low and medium? I'm curious as well. I had the 2.8a version but the low was just too bright for me. If the 1.4a version is closer to around 10 lumens I may give Mac another try.

H-nu

Enlightened
The 1.4A EDC can run with primaries? I was told that it couldn't satisfy the current requirements and the spring is too short on mine to even make contact with primaries. I still EDC this but would prefer to have the primaries as last resort option.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 1.4A EDC can run with primaries? I was told that it couldn't satisfy the current requirements and the spring is too short on mine to even make contact with primaries. I still EDC this but would prefer to have the primaries as last resort option.

None of my lighst are designed for primaries.

Mac