Olight
Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: ZebraLight H502 XM-L

Flashaholic*

Default Re: ZebraLight H502 XM-L

I have to agree with david. The H501w is the best headlamp I've ever owned, especially for camping. When the H502w comes out, I'm buying two.
    Keep it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by tygger View Post
    I have to agree with david. The H501w is the best headlamp I've ever owned, especially for camping. When the H502w comes out, I'm buying two.

no problem, just don't buy the last two! I want one!
    G.K Chesterton, when asked 'what is wrong with the world?' simply replied 'I am!'

Enlightened

Thanks for the advice guys, it's very much appreciated.

All this talk of the pure flood beams has me interested now... I bought an energizer headlamp about a year and a half ago that has a focusable output, but its beam profile is ringy, especially zoomed in, and even zoomed out it's got a pretty narrow beam. It's also cool white, which I can't stand anymore.

So despite my earlier bad experience with the pure flood beam, I'm willing to consider getting one... this is Zebralight we're talking about, after all...
    What? Me? Derail a thread?

offerings are to be 300 lumens, which is darned impressive.

Marking. Been waiting for this for over a year now - its been quite delayed but yes, it is probably the most anticipated light to suit my needs. Nothing like a great flood lamp. If they would come out with a high CRI unit, even if it is dimmer, that would just be close to perfection.

Mo
    “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Gil Bailie

My word, Zebralight needs to give my wallet a break! I just got the H51c and I am delighted, delighted! Compared to my H501w, the H51c is MUCH better at rendering color--I am amazed. But, although this light has a beautiful beam, it is a traditional beam with a reflector, and thus hotspot + spill. This makes it a better caving light possibly, and better for medium to long distances, of course, but actually makes me like it less for the late night close up tasks that I use my H501w for--like reading books! So now... I am already getting hungry for the H502c (XM-L)... so I will wait with you...

What an amazing time to be a flashaholic!
    Galadriel: I give you the light of Eärendil, our most beloved star. May it be a light for you in dark places, when all other lights go out.

Amazing time indeed!

I like both my H501 and H51W, but prefer the true flood beam of the H501. The H501, unfortunately, isn't bright enough for more than 15ft away. The H502W will be the light for me.
    EDC: Zebralight H52w; Backup/loaner: Olight i3S
    Zebralight Mods: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=293092
    The only useful tool is the one you have with you when you need it.

Ditto that. I own 3 H501s, have given away 3 as gifts, and I still could use another one. But, holding off until this H502w appears, it sounds excellent.

Banned

Here here.

What will be the difference between the H502 and the H602 I wonder?

Both will have to be bought.

So will the S6330b when it arrives. That sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by uknewbie View Post
    Here here.

What will be the difference between the H502 and the H602 I wonder?

Both will have to be bought.

So will the S6330b when it arrives. That sounds awesome.
    What's a H602? Something new? Is it a smooth beam version of the H600?
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    What's a H602? Something new? Is it a smooth beam version of the H600?
    It's listed on ZL's website when you click on the compare products button.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenbaas View Post
    It's listed on ZL's website when you click on the compare products button.
    Thanks! Looks like that is exactly what I have been waiting for. I will have to drop the H600w and really wait for the H602w. Always liked the super smooth beam of the H501w but want a brighter one running on 18650.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    Thanks! Looks like that is exactly what I have been waiting for. I will have to drop the H600w and really wait for the H602w. Always liked the super smooth beam of the H501w but want a brighter one running on 18650.
    No prob. I also like a floody beam but I'm thinking most of the XML beams are floody in any case, so the H600 with a little bit extra throw might work out pretty well.

Banned

So the H602 is an H502 that runs on 18650?

If so and it is a proper flood beam, it is a must buy for me!

Flashaholic*

Well their old 18650 headlights were H60 models so the H600 would "have to" be the new all flood 18650 headlamp.
    Travis

Various Neutral Tinted Goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyTaco View Post
    Well their old 18650 headlights were H60 models so the H600 would "have to" be the new all flood 18650 headlamp.
    The specs on ZL website says that the H600 is spot and spill but not all flood.

Flashaholic*

Any news from Zebralight on the 502? Will we see this in 2011? Will a neutral white version be available right away? I really am looking forward to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tone View Post
    Any news from Zebralight on the 502? Will we see this in 2011? Will a neutral white version be available right away? I really am looking forward to this one.
    Cool H502 we will most likely get this year. I am waiting on H502W. There is no telling when that's available. I wish there will be an H80F with X-ML also. In fact I would pick that over the H502. So for me it will H502W first and H80FW later, if they even make one.
    Last edited by davidt1; 10-05-2011 at 02:55 PM.

I saw the McGizmo Sundrop a few weeks ago and it got me interested in an all flood light. The sundrop is way too much for my budget so I was looking at the H501W. It had the specs I wanted, only wished it would be brighter so I was also looking at the H51FW but I really want H501W`s all flood. Good thing someone mentioned the H502 and I can`t do anything but wait for its arrival

Quote Originally Posted by ico View Post
    ...Good thing someone mentioned the H502 and I can`t do anything but wait for its arrival
    I bet it'll be worth the wait. I really love my H501w, but honestly it's just not always bright enough especially when I'm in a campsite where there's a lot of ambient light. I'm hoping the brighter H502 will make up for the H501's shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman5 View Post
    I bet it'll be worth the wait. I really love my H501w, but honestly it's just not always bright enough especially when I'm in a campsite where there's a lot of ambient light. I'm hoping the brighter H502 will make up for the H501's shortcomings.
    What battery are you running in the H501w? Are you aware it will run brighter on Eneloop? I only came to that realization two months back after having owned it for almost a year and using 14500. But I do agree a brighter high would be even more beneficial for times when you need a little extra lumens.

I'm using an eneloop in it. Luckily I saw some of the reports that the light actually runs better on eneloops (strange huh.) Anyway, sure love this light & looking forward to the brighter version.

Will there be a H502Fc version?
    Need one for night hiking 90% usage.
    I see the atoms free and fine, That bubble like a sparkling wine;I see the songs Electrons sing, Jumping from ring to outer ring;
    -Lister, The Physicist

Quote Originally Posted by dwong View Post
    Will there be a H502Fc version?
    Need one for night hiking 90% usage.
    I think you mean H502c. The "F" would indicate that the light has a reflector and the lense is frosted turning it into a flood light. The H502 has no reflector & therefore does not need to have a frosted lense. It is already pure flood like the H501.

There's nothing on zebralight's website that indicates whether or not they are planing on making a "C" version (high cri) of the light. If you click on the red button on their home page that says "Compare All Models" they list upcoming lights in the "near" future. So, they may be planning one; just not on the radar yet. Also, I don't think they ever made a "c" version of the H501....for whatever that's worth.

No, there are no High CRI XR-E or XM-L (non-easywhite 4 die led versions) available that I know of, so the H501 and H502 will not have a 'c' version anytime soon.

Thanks for the clarification guys.
    Currently using a NT 120P for hikes, all my friends using BD Storm which is also great for camping.
    Can't wait for my first HL.
    I see the atoms free and fine, That bubble like a sparkling wine;I see the songs Electrons sing, Jumping from ring to outer ring;
    -Lister, The Physicist

This is the only light in long time which I want big time.

If master hiker Woods Walker wants one, it's gotta be some special light.

Quote Originally Posted by RedForest UK View Post
    No, there are no High CRI XR-E or XM-L (non-easywhite 4 die led versions) available that I know of, so the H501 and H502 will not have a 'c' version anytime soon.
    Personally, I hope that you're wrong, but in general, I agree.

I lost my H51w and am very interested in a 502w, and would love to see a 501c (I'd be happy with the Rebel that's in the 51c's).
    What? Me? Derail a thread?