Maxpedition - Knives and Tools
Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2124252627282930313233343536373841 ... LastLast

Thread: ZebraLight H502 XM-L

Default Re: ZebraLight H502 XM-L

What is difference between 502w/502c? I couldn't find 502w any where...
    The w=warm (neutral light) and what does the "c" stands for? The 502c appear to be warm tint light from beam shot everyone is providing but it is not a XM-L and does not provide over 200Lm count.
    My understand H502d is neither cool white or neutral...since I had H31F for short period of time, the cool white beam has purple-ish beam tint and neutral is def yellow-ish tint. I would imagine H502d would be not as blue as cool white, not as yellow as neutral.
    If someone could confirm the H502d color that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by wuyeah View Post
    I couldn't find 502w any where...
    wuyeah: You mean you couldn't find the specs or couldn't find it for sale?

If the description/specs, you'll just need to look at the ZebraLight "Compare All Models" chart (viewable from any page on their site).

Since it's not released yet, that's probably the best you can do at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by varuscelli View Post
    wuyeah: You mean you couldn't find the specs or couldn't find it for sale?

If the description/specs, you'll just need to look at the ZebraLight "Compare All Models" chart (viewable from any page on their site).

Since it's not released yet, that's probably the best you can do at the moment.
    Oh, no wonder. and spec brightness data is also N/A right!?

There was some interesting speculation earlier in this thread (a couple of weeks ago) about where the output of the H502w should fall.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post3968365

Au Re: ZebraLight H502 XM-L

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon of Light View Post
    is the H502D closer to cool white or neutral?
    This is a good question. When on higher modes, it just looked pretty white. On lower modes, it looked a bit cool, but I thought it might be because all my other headlamps (the ones I use) are warmer.

Now, this is a bit disappointing.

I hadn't really used it much before I wrote my last comment. I compared it to some of my lights now. H51c was clearly warmer, but I think the difference was bigger when I compared it to Fenix TK21 (XM-L cool white). Surprisingly, the tint seems to be quite close to the tint of my SD6-460NW. When comparing them, Spark seemed to be only slightly more on purple side, and H502d slightly more on (sic) green side. That said, it really seems to be that the d model has greener tint on sides, too. Unfortunately, some of the light is reflected from (or goes below) the GITD reflector and turns to green, giving a small but not so nice hue to the light (you can see that the GITD reflector shines relatively brightly when the light is on). For some reasons the effect seems to be stronger on the lower levels, and rather nonexistent on high. Not to say that it matters that much in real use (and IIRC it is nothing like the tint of Preon P0), but, this surely is something I didn't expect or didn't want to see.

It seems to be, to me at least, that the 502c may be the least talked about model in this thread. I just ordered myself one and it will go great alongside my holy grail of EDC lights, my beloved SC51c. You're NOT knocking this baby out of my pockets any time soon! I LOVE the warm Rebel that Zebra uses and to have it in an all flood light is very exciting! I can't wait!
    This is my signature. They're many like it but this one is mine..

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Esko View Post
    For some reasons the effect seems to be stronger on the lower levels, and rather nonexistent on high. Not to say that it matters that much in real use (and IIRC it is nothing like the tint of Preon P0), but, this surely is something I didn't expect or didn't want to see.
    Current controlled lights usually change tint in the lo modes.

I think a 4C XML would be perfect in the W version.

It's tint is VERY close to the Nichia219 92CRI we all love.

Ironic Re: ZebraLight H502 XM-L

Quote Originally Posted by Esko View Post
    For some reasons the effect seems to be stronger on the lower levels, and rather nonexistent on high.
    I took some pics, and didn't see that on them. White balance set to 5000K, the beam was pretty green in the pics though (consistently).

Another interesting/disturbing discovery (bearing in mind that there were some water issues reported). On higher modes, some light is leaking from the top of the light, between the rubber switch and the body. Unfortunately I don't believe I have time to make more tests before next week.

Quote Originally Posted by psychbeat View Post
    That gets my vote too.

Default Re: ZebraLight H502 X-ML

Quote Originally Posted by RedForest UK View Post
    Does the small(er) LED under the same large lense look weird at all to you on the H502D?

502c here - but yes, it looks a bit lost.
    thinking of the h50 the huge lens really annoys

I trust your experience. If you like it, I will go along. Ask Zebralight to use it.
    EDC: Zebralight H52w; Backup/loaner: Olight i3S
    Zebralight Mods: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=293092
    The only useful tool is the one you have with you when you need it.

While I agree with you that the tint the Nichia 219 pumps out is great, I can't see ZL straying too far from their normal 4200k temp of their "w" models. I guess we'll just have to wait and see..

all back order , including h51 and h51w , thats great , instead I upgraded my edc knife (mini gerber & small gerber 625) to a spyderco sage 1 , I hope to receive it soon! I wish I could have get a zebra for this summer , to replace my ( fenix e01 & princeton tech quad ) , i will wait , I really want a zebra , my eneloop xx that I got a month ago have not been used yet

Quote Originally Posted by ulfheonar View Post
    all back order , including h51 and h51w , thats great , instead I upgraded my edc knife (mini gerber & small gerber 625) to a spyderco sage 1 , I hope to receive it soon! I wish I could have get a zebra for this summer , to replace my ( fenix e01 & princeton tech quad ) , i will wait , I really want a zebra , my eneloop xx that I got a month ago have not been used yet
    Use a search engine. There are dealers with various models in stock.

Small update on my thoughts for the H502. After using it for a weekish I now think it is quite green compared to my h51f. The xml with the GITD thing seems to make a green tint. I still love this headlamp, but I think zebralight needs to get rid of the GITD thing fast. If the GITD thing is not responsible for the green hue, then xml's suck..... with that said I love the tint of my spark sd-52 NW. So in other words I don't think it's the xmls fault.. get rid of the GITD thing zebralight, Please!

Otherwise, this light is awesome.

The reports of the green tint are making me hold off purchase for now...

Received my H502d yesterday, the 5000K does look like true daylight temperature. My SC60W and SC600W looks like warm white comparing to it. And the green "tint" from the GITD "reflector" only fringes on the edge of the spill, not a bother unless you're a white wall hunter.

I must say, each time I ordered from Zebralight, their anodizing comes in different shades. This batch is by far my favorite, it's in a nice matte, dark (olive?) gray anodizing. Hope it'll still be the same for my next order.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel View Post
    Received my H502d yesterday, the 5000K does look like true daylight temperature. My SC60W and SC600W looks like warm white comparing to it. And the green "tint" from the GITD "reflector" only fringes on the edge of the spill, not a bother unless you're a white wall hunter.

I must say, each time I ordered from Zebralight, their anodizing comes in different shades. This batch is by far my favorite, it's in a nice matte, dark (olive?) gray anodizing. Hope it'll still be the same for my next order.
    Great! You got the H502d? Can I take a look to compare it to the H501w and H51Fw?
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel View Post
    Received my H502d yesterday....
    Did you also get a cool H502, i.e. one of the first XMLs?

I'd love to hear from someone who has both the XML and one of the Rebels (c or d) how much they notice the drop-off in lumens on maximum.

I'm still waiting for the XML neutral to be released, because I want the extra lumens and I'm very happy with the tint of my H600w.

But the longer they delay the release of the H502w, the more I'm tempted by that H502d.... But will I regret the drop from 260 down to 170 lumens?

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    Great! You got the H502d? Can I take a look to compare it to the H501w and H51Fw?
    Sure, Andy. I'm free over the weekends. PM me to arrange.

Quote Originally Posted by lampeDépêche View Post
    Did you also get a cool H502, i.e. one of the first XMLs?
    Not at the moment. Initially, I almost ordered the H502 then ZL dropped a H502d in the series. Can't resist 5000K lights, so I got it. But I might get the XM-L as well, just undecided between the cool white for the "extra" brightness or W. If you're happy with H600W, then probably H502W is worth the way. Some neutral users might find 5000K too "white" for their taste.

I just got mine. It's a great little light, but has anybody else noticed that the battery indicator seems to go down really quickly? I had a fully charged eneloop (maybe a month old) go down one flash after playing around with it for ~10 minutes, couldn't have had it on high for longer than 2 or 3 minutes, and then it went down another flash after another 2 minutes on high. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by marcis View Post
    Small update on my thoughts for the H502. After using it for a weekish I now think it is quite green compared to my h51f. The xml with the GITD thing seems to make a green tint. I still love this headlamp, but I think zebralight needs to get rid of the GITD thing fast. If the GITD thing is not responsible for the green hue, then xml's suck..... with that said I love the tint of my spark sd-52 NW. So in other words I don't think it's the xmls fault.. get rid of the GITD thing zebralight, Please!

Otherwise, this light is awesome.
    The GITD reflector is not the cause of the green tint, Its from the XM-L. Maybe if you are really close to a surface ( less than 10") it might reflect back. My SC-600's (I have 2) and both of my H502's have a very slight green tint that is not noticeable during use, but when you compare it to another light it stands out. I think the batch of XM-L's that ZL have (Cool White anyway) lean towards green. I consider this a trade-off to the above average brightness / run-time that I get from ZL.

I think people are making it out to be way worse than it really is.

I really paid attention while I was using this headlamp working in an electrical panel the other day and I was looking to see if the greenish fringe ever came into play and it did not. Everything that I needed to see was lit up, evenly and brightly with no hint of green.

-Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by nakahoshi View Post
    The GITD reflector is not the cause of the green tint, Its from the XM-L. Maybe if you are really close to a surface ( less than 10") it might reflect back. My SC-600's (I have 2) and both of my H502's have a very slight green tint that is not noticeable during use, but when you compare it to another light it stands out. I think the batch of XM-L's that ZL have (Cool White anyway) lean towards green. I consider this a trade-off to the above average brightness / run-time that I get from ZL.

I think people are making it out to be way worse than it really is.

I really paid attention while I was using this headlamp working in an electrical panel the other day and I was looking to see if the greenish fringe ever came into play and it did not. Everything that I needed to see was lit up, evenly and brightly with no hint of green.

-Bobby
    I am not sure I believe the green to be coming from the XM-L. I still go by the theory that it is reflected off the GITD. If it is as you have said, please explain why Zeruel in his post above also see green on the edge of the beam with the H502d? Surely that is not from an XM-L as the 'd' version is using a Philips LED in there. And as I have said many posts back, my Preon P0 which uses an XP-E against a GITD also has a green ring on the edge.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

I am not sure I believe the green to be coming from the XM-L. I still go by the theory that it is reflected off the GITD. If it is as you have said, please explain why Zeruel in his post above also see green on the edge of the beam with the H502d? Surely that is not from an XM-L as the 'd' version is using a Philips LED in there. And as I have said many posts back, my Preon P0 which uses an XP-E against a GITD also has a green ring on the edge.
    Has anyone tried applying some tape over the GITD reflector? I would thing this is the first thing someone would do to prove/disprove the GITD/green tint theory.

Quote Originally Posted by insanefred

Has anyone tried applying some tape over the GITD reflector? I would thing this is the first thing someone would do to prove/disprove the GITD/green tint theory.
    You would have to break the lens to get to it.

Maybe just shine another light from very close up on the GITD reflector and see if any green edges reflect?

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo_331 View Post
    You would have to break the lens to get to it.
    That's an interesting idea. I suspect you'd get a lot more than just green edges that way...I mean bouncing another light directly off the GITD reflector...but if so, that might also validate that at least some of the green edge tint could be caused by the GITD reflector. Again, interesting idea.

Flashaholic*

If you move one of your eyes right into the green edge you should be able to tell where the light is coming from. That would be the surface that appears the brightest.
    I would imagine the further away from the light you are, the easier it is to position your eye correctly.
    happens

I agree, I'm only getting green edges, exactly the same as my Preon P0.
    Also I love the GITD, had a power cut when I woke up the the middle of the night. The lights had been off for at least 5 hours but I was able to find my H502 easily via the GITD. On top of that the lowest setting is great for getting around at night, perfect IMO.