PK Design Lab
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: ZebraLight H502 XM-L

Default Re: ZebraLight H502 X-ML

Quote Originally Posted by JA(me)S View Post
    Hopefully there will be a mode on the H502 at around 60 Lm for 10-12 hours; this would be a quite useful setting.
    And THAT's the setting that will have me ditching all my previous headlamps to buy the new H502. When working in the dark I "need" 30 lumens minimum and 50 is preferred. Whatever it is, it just needs to last for the 4+ hours from start to lunch, and from lunch to quit; any more is icing on the cake.

I've always wondered why headlamp mfgrs don't grok the need for 4- and 8-hour duration. Just gimme your best for 4 or 8 hours. That's what's asked of me, and that's what I ask of my light.

BTW: 37 lumen for 10 hours is what the H60w put out on an 18650. Would be amazing to see that in a 1xAA format.

Oh boy! I was looking at the 501, but I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger yet...
    If they come out, why not organise a group buy? If organised, count me in!!

Having heard that the SC600 will be all modes current regulated, no PWM, I'm hoping the H502 may be the same. That would rock.

Quote Originally Posted by tedh View Post
    CaseyTan, in another thread (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...-t-mean-better), posted a spreadsheet from Zebralight listing current and proposed lights. The T5 is listed as 300 lumens, and given that it will share a driver with the H502, the H502 should be similar output.
    Yep, but there is still one unknown - the runtime. It's always nice to have option for more lumens but for how long?

If my speculations from here: XM-L-vs.-XP-G-comparision-follow-up-to-discussions-about-XM-L-in-ZL-H51 are correct then it means that XM-L will be used mostly for better (floody) beam pattern (H501 like). The lumens gain is mostly matter of better driver (current one wastes about 45% of power as heat).

Now, I understand that some people were little disappointed with H51 beam so its great news but it would be interesting to see updated driver combined with XP-G (or XM-L but with H51 optics) - H52. It could be very nice edc light with little more throw when needed, about 250-260 lumens (with XP-G) and no visible PWM.

I hope the neutral white version won't come out much later...this sound sooo tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by stp View Post
    Yep, but there is still one unknown - the runtime. It's always nice to have option for more lumens but for how long?

If my speculations from here: XM-L-vs.-XP-G-comparision-follow-up-to-discussions-about-XM-L-in-ZL-H51 are correct then it means that XM-L will be used mostly for better (floody) beam pattern (H501 like). The lumens gain is mostly matter of better driver (current one wastes about 45% of power as heat).

Now, I understand that some people were little disappointed with H51 beam so its great news but it would be interesting to see updated driver combined with XP-G (or XM-L but with H51 optics) - H52. It could be very nice edc light with little more throw when needed, about 250-260 lumens (with XP-G) and no visible PWM.
    Yes, H52 would be an ideal upgrade for H51 while H502 is the logical upgrade for H501.

Zebralight said earlier that it will take 3-4 months to get NW XM-L for the SC600. I hope they will acquire enough to cover the H502 as well. This way by the time they release the H502, it will come in both cool and NW at the same time. From a business standpoint, it would benefit them to release both the cool and neutral white versions in time for the Christmas shopping spree.
    EDC: Zebralight H52w; Backup/loaner: Olight i3S
    Zebralight Mods: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=293092
    The only useful tool is the one you have with you when you need it.

Flashaholic

stp,

I took a look at all the work you did - very impressive first post! It's both a shame and unusual no one responded... Anyway, thanks for the contribution and..

- Jas.

Quote Originally Posted by Djonah Inc. View Post
    If they come out, why not organise a group buy? If organised, count me in!!
    It's your idea...why don't you organize it? First stop is to see whether Zebralight even gives breaks for group buys. Chances are high us flashoholics will buy at full price anyway...

stp,

I took a look at all the work you did - very impressive first post! It's both a shame and unusual no one responded... Anyway, thanks for the contribution and..

- Jas.
    and don't worry, it's my fault - I should have choosen other subforum.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by fnj View Post
    Having heard that the SC600 will be all modes current regulated, no PWM, I'm hoping the H502 may be the same. That would rock.
    Yes. Starting with the SC600, all future models will be current regulated, no more PWM.
    ZEBRALIGHT.com

Quote Originally Posted by ZebraLight View Post
    Yes. Starting with the SC600, all future models will be current regulated, no more PWM.
    Nice job Zebralight! Any plans for an XM-L version of the H61?
    My dog ate my flashlight...

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by HIDblue View Post
    Yes, but was planned for next year.
    ZEBRALIGHT.com

Please make the SC60 UI standard. It is the best of all the lights I have. 6 different levels memorized is great!

G27

That's fine with me...at least I know that an XM-L H61 is definitely in the works. Thank you.
    My dog ate my flashlight...

Quote Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
    It's your idea...why don't you organize it? First stop is to see whether Zebralight even gives breaks for group buys. Chances are high us flashoholics will buy at full price anyway...
    Owkay
    I'll send a mail to zebralight and hear what they can do for us flashaholics
    Hopefully they'll be able to give us a special treatment

I'll let you guys know

edit: mail sent
    Last edited by Djonah Inc.; 05-06-2011 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djonah Inc. View Post
    Owkay
    I'll send a mail to zebralight and hear what they can do for us flashaholics
    Hopefully they'll be able to give us a special treatment

I'll let you guys know

edit: mail sent
    Their answer:
    Sorry, no, we don't offer any groupbuy discounts.

Flashaholic

Awesome news!

- Jas.

Flashaholic*

Just too bad that ZL doesn't have H602 in their plan:-(

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Just too bad that ZL doesn't have H602 in their plan:-(
    Wait, if you mean XM-L, 18650, they do - see preceding post. (& post #42)
    Last edited by JA(me)S; 05-06-2011 at 02:26 PM.

But isn't the 501/502 much floodier than the SC600 seems to be by design?

Flashaholic

But isn't the 501/502 much floodier than the SC600 seems to be by design?
    Yes, but HIDblue's query was carefully worded: he asked if there was an X-ML version of the H61 (not if there was an H version of the SC600). Also, ZebraLight's response is telling in that he doesn't imply it would be based on the SC600.

However, I might be wrong in parsing the semantics too closely...

I'd like to see an H6xx with a removable reflector - kills two birds with one stone! (but not if the headlamp head gets too cumbersome in the process)

- Jas.

Sorry, James; sensory overload occurred.

Flashaholic

More news:

The H502 will feature a switch that requires 34% more force to activate. (from here)

- Jas.
    Last edited by JA(me)S; 05-06-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: typo

I think we need to combine some threads? On the XM-L models, 502, SC600 etc?

This is real good news! Love my H501w for the floody beam profile without hotspot, and love my H51Fw for the bright output. Now this is a combination of both! And no PWM! I am in for one if the neutral comes out.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

I'll have to get 2 a w & c. and an SC60c....ZebraLight is going to put me into the poor house.

G27

...an X-ML version of the H61 ....
    Recently, Zebralight implied they were concerned about cells that didn't have (in their opinion) great manufacturer control, and also implied they didn't want to make lights that would accept 'risky' cells. I put 2+2 together, and figured that the H60 and H60w were the "last of the line" of 18650 headlamps. Of course, I could be TOTALLY WRONG, that's just me guessing. But, it does make sense that a manufacturer would not want to be left holding the bag, liability-wise, if a Li-Ion blew and injured someone's head. So I would be a little surprised to see another 18650 headlamp. Handheld is a different story, however.

@ Glock -- please check your PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
    Recently, Zebralight implied they were concerned about cells that didn't have (in their opinion) great manufacturer control, and also implied they didn't want to make lights that would accept 'risky' cells. I put 2+2 together, and figured that the H60 and H60w were the "last of the line" of 18650 headlamps. Of course, I could be TOTALLY WRONG, that's just me guessing. But, it does make sense that a manufacturer would not want to be left holding the bag, liability-wise, if a Li-Ion blew and injured someone's head. So I would be a little surprised to see another 18650 headlamp. Handheld is a different story, however.
    I use H60 as utility light. It serves greatly as unidirectional lantern. This is most usable light I ever have (I possess more than 500+ lights). AA just doesn't have enough runtime for such job. They told me last year that they would have H60 with updated LED (XPG) in 2011 but their plan wasn't executed. By the time they have H602 in 2012, XM-L might even be obsolete. Then, they would wait for .... 2013:-(

I don't see any 18650 headlamp in their planned offerings.
    Last edited by Bolster; 05-12-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Flashaholic*

Where is the link to Zebralight new upcoming models? The one with when it's coming out, name, battery config, max lumen and min lumen,and type of emitter?

I thought I saw it here, but I guess I was wrong.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast