Beamshots: Fenix TK70, TK41 vs Olight SR90, M3X vs 24W and 35W HID!

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the Easter Weekend we had a small flashaholic meeting. There was really nice collection of flashlights so we took some beamshots :)

I was really surprised how Olight SR90 and Fenix TK70 (prototype) compete with 24W Tactical HID and G&P 35W HID. I know that better HIDs with good smooth reflectors would still blow those LEDs away, but these cheap HIDs are no more competition for LEDs!

Below are the most interesting beamshots, you can find more beamshots here http://www.ledmania.cz/recenze/velikonocni-test-svitilen

The distance to the tree in the center is 85 meters.

Fenix TK41
fenixtk41.jpg

Olight M3X
olightm3x.jpg

24W Tactical HID
hid24w.jpg

Fenix TK70
fenixtk70nimh.jpg

Olight SR90
olightsr90.jpg

G&P 35W HID
hid35w.jpg

Animated GIF:
beam-ani.gif

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that's really incredible. Thanks for the pictures!

Lanque

Newly Enlightened
The TK70 is *definitely* on my to buy list. From the looks of the beamshots, I prefer the beam profile of the TK70 over the SR90.

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
Those are awesome beamshots - thanks a lot for posting those.
I now know that I must get the TK70 when it comes out.
Also, I'd been wondering what the Olight M3X looked like - thank god I haven't pulled the trigger on one, as I prefer the TK-41 to the M3X.

Fenix hits a good balance between spill and throw - I really like that.

beamis

Newly Enlightened
This sucks guys. I've been a lurker at CPF for a number of years. I've only posted a couple of things about testing batteries a while ago, and other than a couple of lights I received as gifts I've been able to keep my affliction under control. I finally broke down when Fenix announced the TK41 and now I'm going to HAVE to get the TK70 ... oh and the TK60 also :) Oh yea, and I recently bought a Quark. I think I'm relapsing. Is there a rehab for our condition?

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
This sucks guys. I've been a lurker at CPF for a number of years. I've only posted a couple of things about testing batteries a while ago, and other than a couple of lights I received as gifts I've been able to keep my affliction under control. I finally broke down when Fenix announced the TK41 and now I'm going to HAVE to get the TK70 ... oh and the TK60 also :) Oh yea, and I recently bought a Quark. I think I'm relapsing. Is there a rehab for our condition?

There should be a recovering flashaholics subforum lol. I can picture each of us coming to the front of the room and going : '' Hi, I'm Marc and I have been sober for a year now.'' I have a wild imagination...

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
i need to clean the drool off my keyboard. i dont want a tk70, i NEED one. the fate of the universe hinges on me getting that light when it comes out.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ jirik_cz
You said in the other thread that the TK70 was run on 2 x li-ion D cells. Is that what's being shown or 4D Nimh? Does it make a difference?

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beamshot published here was taken with 4x D NiMH batteries. I have also beamshot with 2x D li-ions and the brightness is exactly the same.

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
The beamshot published here was taken with 4x D NiMH batteries. I have also beamshot with 2x D li-ions and the brightness is exactly the same.

Um, that's interesting since I didn't know there were such a thing is Li-ions D cells.

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
I wonder how Fenix will package the TK70. Will be one hell of a box :)

It'll come to you wrapped in a beam of light, then a voice is going to say in a whisper : ''my preciousssssss''.

I really am in a joking mood today so don't see any harm in the above haha.