Southern California

beamis

Newly Enlightened
I'm quite surprised by the lack of meetups for Southern California flashaholics. Are there enough CPFers from the Los Angeles area to get a dozen or two of us together to check out lights and scare the neighbors?

srfreddy

Enlightened
Down the street...not a good Idea, of course...from what I've seen of LA. Pretty much all the parks close at sunset...

beamis

Newly Enlightened
The Angeles National Forest affords many opportunities for night hikes. There are only a couple of areas to avoid and a couple that are closed at night, but the rest is wide open. Night hikes are great, especially in the hot summer months.

Anzycpethian

Newly Enlightened
I'm from Austria (proud flashoholic since 3-4 years) and freshly immigrated to LA 1 month ago. I'd love to join some nighthike with other light addicts. Sure bring my TK70 with me!

Canuke

Enlightened
We had a couple of meetups at the old zoo near Glendale in 2006-7 when I was there. BVH was there with his tank light, and the surefire guy came to one (Peter Kim?), as well as the guys who built the "Klingon" flashlights, and the Amondotech guys with their new N30 HID lights. LowBat was involved in booking the venue. It's sad to hear that these meetups haven't continued since I left for Las Vegas.

Anzycpethian

Newly Enlightened
Well if anyone knows some knews about future meetups I'm definitely interested!

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think we have enough for a small meet-up/gtg.

I would love to check out different lights and can bring mine including a couple Nichia HCRI lights for others to check out.

Just need to find a decent place away from all the ambient light.

Would anyone be willing to share there home w/dark back yard? We could possibly turn this into a potluck!

EverythingSpirals

Newly Enlightened
I live in the San Fernando Valley. A good park for night hiking is O'Melvany Park in Granada Hills. Also, as mentioned above, Angeles National Forest, however it takes about an hour to get out of the burnt areas and reach the forest.

Anzycpethian

Newly Enlightened
@The dAY
Sorry for the late reply, had "thread subscription problems".

I'm interested in a meetup but can't think of any proper location.

jnj1033

Newly Enlightened
Another Angeleno here. I'm interested if we can make it happen.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

nolumen

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys! I just joined CPF. So any more people interested? I'm in the SGV.

Cheers,

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I am in the Beverly Hills area, Palm Springs (Desert), and up to Seattle. The desert is our main home.

The Jousua Tree National Park is pitch dark. Or other areas just out out of LA

I too feel there has to be quite a few people in Southern California - with lights.

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
We can organize a meet up with a site called Meetup.com

If you don't see a group in your area, you can start one and become the facilitator of the meet up. Maybe we should start one for Flashlightaholics. (Flashaholic makes me think of people addicted to flashing.. Lol)