Camping lantern advice

Austoon

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for a new lantern for camping this summer but no idea what to get so looking for help.

It would be for use inside and outside of a tent so rather no propane. Just looking to light up a somewhat good area for if your walking and to light up a picnic table area for games/eating etc or just hanging out.

thanks

GreySave

Enlightened
Coleman has a lot of new LED lanterns with diffusers that are easy on the eyes. No glare at all to speak of. Nice for the table top. Durability may vary by model. I do not have any but have seen a few in stores and they are tempting. Really like the no glare option. Cool white tint. Many have multiple levels.

Otherwise, Rayovac Sportsman's Extreme 300 lumen will really light things up for you. Tough and relatively small 3D powered light. Has a diffuser but has more glare than the Colemans. Can be had to $25. I have two of these. Has two levels but neither are low low...

Amazon also has a warm white 110 lumen AA powered small lantern. Has the most glare of the three despite its lower power, but the nice warm tint is easy on the eyes. Can also be hung (as in a tent) with the end cap removed and it gives a nice warm wide circle of light. Have two of these and really like the warm tint. Can be had for around $25. Has two power levels. Neither is a low low but since it is only about 100 lumens to start it is not too bad if you like low lighting.

Austoon

Newly Enlightened
Should have also said that right now i have a Coleman LED Rugged Lantern Rechargeable, its alright just wasnt to bright outside of the tent, in a larger area

2000004499.jpg

I seen the Coleman Twin LED camping light is on sale this week, anyone with thoughts this one?
2000004906.jpg

carrot

Flashaholic
To light up an area, I like to use a propane powered lantern. You can get a Coleman single or dual mantle lantern for fairly cheap and it has the distinct advantage of "eating" mosquitos that are constantly being lured into the light. It has a nice warm glow and makes a campsite very welcoming. They are also very bright!

To light up my tent, I like to use a UCO Candle Lantern. Burning a single candle in a well-ventilated tent is no problem and the heat that the candle puts out is just enough to drive out the moisture that makes tents so uncomfortable and clammy on colder nights.

Not interested in LED lanterns... non-LED lanterns provide lots of great advantages for camping