• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: DonShock's Mag Mods (SALE ENDED!)

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need some electric work done on the house, so some of my infrequently used Mag mods need to go. I know sales prices have been down lately due to the economy and I've tried to adjust my prices accordingly. But if you are interested in a light but think I'm out to lunch on the value, feel free to make an offer.

Here's the group shot:

SOLD Stubby Set $200 (down from $225) SOLD and shipped
- SubD size, fits 1D cell, with tail switch. Case included with set.
- Blue: Shark driver, Quad Cree XR-E LEDs, with optics, 4AA in Modamag holder.
- Black: Mag85, 3x14500 cells, momentary switch only since it runs the cells at more than their rated capacity. Extra battery pack due to short runtime. CAUTION: These are unprotected li-ion cells. The Mag85 runs at more than their rated capacity so should only be purchased if you are familiar with the dangers of using unprotected li-ion cells. If you do not want this risk, let me know and I can substitute a stock 3 cell bulb and AA alkalines instead.

Penta Cree $120 (down from $150)
- Mag2D host, Shark driver, Cree XR-E LEDs, metal reflectors, 8AA in ModaMag holder

Mag85 $100 (down from $125)
- Mag4C host cut down to fit 3xAW-C li-ion cells, M2 LOP reflector

Royal Blue Lux-V $90 (down from $100)
- Mag3D host, Shark driver with adjustable pot

SOLD Red XR-C $40 (down from $50) SOLD and shipped
- Mag2D host, Cree XR-C LED, fixed 400ma driver

IQ Switched XR-E $40 (down from $50)
- Mag3D host, IQ Switch levels: 100%, 50%, 25%, slow strobe, fast strobe

Add $10 to each order (any number of lights) for USPS shipping anywhere in the US with delivery confirmation / tracking.
If you need extras like insurance or international shipping, contact me and we can work out the added cost.
Paypal address is: [email protected]

SALE HAS ENDED

Last edited:

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: DonShock's Mag Mods

I had to go back and look at my sales thread on the other lights I built at the time in order to find out what bin those XR-Es were. They are Q5 bin, WG tint.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast

hi don.
whats the runtime on the penta cree and how much time before it gets too hot to hold?
total lumens?

Last edited:

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've never done a full length run, so I can only provide a theoretical run time calculation. Using the 2500 mAh cells currentlyin the holder, the run time should be a little over an hour. And I've never had it get too hot to hold. Again, I can only provide theoretical lumens since I have no way to measure. IIRC, each LED is rated for about 200 lumens at the full 1A of the Shark driver, so the total is around 1000 Lumens.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast

NOTE: I didn't think about the fact that purchasers or pre-built lights may not be familiar with unprotected li-ion cells like more experienced modders. I have added a caution to the stubby set that includes unprotected li-ion cells and added the option of replacing them with stock AA alkalines and a matching stock bulb. Sorry if this has caused any confusion.

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast

Few questions about the stubbies:

What sort of switch is used in the '85? I'm thinking of using it with IMR14500s, which can take that load continuously, but then I'd want to convert it from momentary to clickie...

Is the 1185 potted in a PR base, or is there a bi-pin socket?

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast

..What sort of switch is used in the '85?......I'd want to convert it from momentary to clickie...Is the 1185 potted in a PR base, or is there a bi-pin socket?
I don't recall the exact make or specs on the switch, it is a heavy duty model from a local electronics supply house. It's a good quality $20 one, not a $3 cheapy from the internet.

As for replacing it, the hole is sized to fit the standard shaft diameter that most of these switches share in common. And the waterproof cover on the switch also fits the standardized shaft threading. Getting the switch replaced is the easy part, the hard part is rigging the switch terminals intended to accept spade lugs or screw terminals to make reliable contact with the tailcap and battery pack. That sometimes takes a lot of trial and error. I can look in my parts box, I may have what you need to do the conversion. I had done some prior work making tailcap switches using some 10A plastic switches and some PCB material that was copper clad on both sides. I may hove some parts left over. Here's a pix of that work:

Finally, the bulb holder is a Kiu-style ceramic socket for bipin bulbs.

Last edited:

Xuen7

Newly Enlightened

I will take the stubby set shipped to Singapore let me know the total cost of it thanks

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast

:takeit: on the stubby set.
Will hit you with Paypal later today.

Edit::paypal:

Last edited:

jimtesla

Newly Enlightened

Bump .... with some price drops.

interested in the royal blue.....what batteries does this take and any other info..light output

and the iq switch what type of light output and battery information

looking for a bright maglite and blue lit maglite....for my trailer project

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast

interested in the royal blue.....what batteries does this take and any other info..light output
and the iq switch what type of light output and battery information ...
Both lights take regular 3D alakaline cells. I have no way to measure output, but IIRC the manufacturers stated output at full power should be around 200 lumens on the XR-E in the IQ switch light and 700mw on the Blue LuxV.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast

Last chance price drops! There has been little response so this will be the last set of price drops for this sale and this will also be the final weekend for the sale. Anything not sold by Monday morning will be withdrawn and offered free to family and friends.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: DonShock's Mag Mods (Last chance!)

Offer via PM on Red LED Mag accepted ... Sold

Last edited: