PK Design Lab
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Received a Lummi Order Recently? 18 Months and Waiting...

Banned

Default Re: Has Anyone Received a Lummi Order Recently? 18 Months and Waiting...

Got my wee not one week ago
    ordered it on first of June

Default Re: Has Anyone Received a Lummi Order Recently? 18 Months and Waiting...

Nice to see all the newly registered members chime in and tell us they received their new order in no time. The products should have been sent to the customers who ordered a few years ago (like charlton) and still got no product! I donīt blame you guys for getting your orders first while the others are very likely will never get theirs, thatīs Robīs fault!

Eric

Flashaholic

Hi there all. Now whilst I have never ever ordered anything from Lummi and so I have never lost any money, I just really hate to see people getting ripped off. It is bad enough when the guilty party has painted themselves in to a corner and so they therefore have to constantly lie and avoid people, but to me it is far far worse when they either just carry on regardless as if nothing has happened or if they do seemingly have the ability to repay those that they have ripped off yet they just ignore them. Well from what I can see it looks to me as if this guy is doing both, as I have only just checked his website which now shows that it has been updated again on the 28th of June 2012 or only 5 days ago, and he also appears to be still selling stuff and accepting payments by PayPal. Surely if they were made well aware of all of the facts that I could only assume that they would not want to be involved with him or have any part to do with him still accepting payments from people, however I could be wrong.

One thing that I do know for sure is that after a little bit of digging around I seem to have discovered his telephone number, and I would only be more than willing to direct anyone who he has ripped off to it, so they could ring him up just to say "Hi, how are you doing" and then "Where's my f%#@#ng money or my light". I really hope that I don't get in to any trouble with the Mods for doing this, but just as I have said a little earlier I really get extremely annoyed whenever I see people being ripped off, especially when it is done with such blatant arrogancy!

Sincerely Yours
    Phil Ament
    Last edited by Phil Ament; 07-03-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Typo

Enlightened

So has anyone received a light from Lummi lately? his website has been updated and he has new stock but is he only servicing new orders? , a close friend of mine who is also waiting for over a year for an order got a reply from rob stating that he was filling new orders so that he has the cash flow to complete old orders... but from what i can tell old orders are not being filled, but perhaps people are receiving lights but not posting about it here.

In answer to your question - has anybody received any Lummi lights - yes I have.

I have purchased around 12 or so items since the beginning of 2012 and received all the orders within a few days of payment . I am only answering the question - so please don't attack this post. I am indeed very sorry to hear about the people who are waiting on past orders.
    During the day when I don't need a torch ... RC is my hobby http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/47842/Always on the lookout for McGizmo/Kuku Titanium torches with Trits..

Lummi seems to be a properly run custom outfit so its a shame this sad episode was not handled properly & honestly. I know the issue has been outstanding for over a year and don't fall within PayPal protection anymore but can't anyone write to PayPal to file a class complain so that he will not have his PayPal facilities to carry on the business in the future? A shame really as his potential loss of business is far greater than the cheap trill he got from this one-off con job
    WTB --> any vintage, cross-hair logo Surefire, SW01 tailcap; Ku's SWM V-series 18500 tubes; PM me if you have a SPY007 XM-L2 SWGG for trade!

Quote Originally Posted by mohanjude View Post
    In answer to your question - has anybody received any Lummi lights - yes I have.

I have purchased around 12 or so items since the beginning of 2012 and received all the orders within a few days of payment . I am only answering the question - so please don't attack this post. I am indeed very sorry to hear about the people who are waiting on past orders.
    The question is (and I'm not saying you ought to know the answer): if his business model is straightened out, WHY HASN'T HE FILLED ANY BACKORDERS???

I have a hypothesis, at least: I don't think he know what his outstanding orders are. I think he keeps his "records" in his email inbox. I had to remind him over and over what my orders were; he never looked up the information himself when responding to my emails, and I have to think that's because he didn't have the information at all.

If you've had such good luck, perhaps you can talk Lummi into selling you a batch of lights, and then you can resell them on CPF. That way people don't have to deal with Lummi's BS directly, and nobody would be on the hook to deliver products that don't exist yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    The question is (and I'm not saying you ought to know the answer): if his business model is straightened out, WHY HASN'T HE FILLED ANY BACKORDERS??? I have a hypothesis, at least: I don't think he know what his outstanding orders are. I think he keeps his "records" in his email inbox. I had to remind him over and over what my orders were; he never looked up the information himself when responding to my emails, and I have to think that's because he didn't have the information at all. If you've had such good luck, perhaps you can talk Lummi into selling you a batch of lights, and then you can resell them on CPF. That way people don't have to deal with Lummi's BS directly, and nobody would be on the hook to deliver products that don't exist yet.
    I think this is a thorny issue. As I said I am not entirely happy with what has happened. I wasn't around CPF at the time but looking at the threads it is painful reading. As I dont know the exact circumstances of what happened it is probably not helpful to speculate.

I have spoken to Rob a few times on the phone and he has always responded to my emails promptly and delivered the orders quickly. I have not had to chase up any orders or having to guess. Everything I ordered as been transparent. I know this doesn't help anybody who has lost money in the past and is waiting for their light for years. I am only stating honestly what my experience has been in the past 8 months after a dozen or so orders.

I know several businesses who have traded and stopped trading under a name and restarted the business with a different name - same people, same building - just different company details and registrations. These 'new' business trading under a new name will refuse to honour any orders, debts or other liabilities under their previous identities . It makes people mad but such is life - I suppose that is how a business moves on after it ceases trading or becomes insolvent.

I am prepared to help anybody out who wants to order a Lummi light by ordering on their behalf (for zero profit or charge incurred). I am even prepared to go as far as saying that I would be happy to bear the risk as I know that I will receive the orders from Lummi. However I don't want to end up with a bunch of lights that people say they want to order and change their mind. Therefore I would consider this on a individual basis rather than bulk buy and resell. It is the least I can do for the community especially people as far as the USA, Canada and Australia who have shipped me high value lights. Waiting in anticipation for $$$ light to come through the post is part of the fun.

It is important for me to stress that I also don't want to appear to be trying to act as an agent on CPF and be labelled a 'Troll'. I simply enjoy Lummi products - it is a unique product and there are some features that I like very much. I collect a variety of lights from different manufacturers - each unique. If somebody else wants to enjoy a Lummi light and feels nervous I am prepared to help them (just pm me)
    During the day when I don't need a torch ... RC is my hobby http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/47842/Always on the lookout for McGizmo/Kuku Titanium torches with Trits..

Mohan, you are a gentleman and an asset to CPF. My hats off to you my friend
    WTB --> any vintage, cross-hair logo Surefire, SW01 tailcap; Ku's SWM V-series 18500 tubes; PM me if you have a SPY007 XM-L2 SWGG for trade!

Unenlightened

I'm a noob. Read too many good posts before the bad ones. Order placed via Lummi website 9/13/2012 for Wee SS w/ USB charger. Anxiously waiting for Rob's e-mail saying the item has been shipped. Hope it comes. Will file a claim w/ paypal on 10/26 (within my 45 days) if no communication/progress has been made. Would prefer the light, but at least would like my money back if I will not be receiving it.

Any help/guidance from fellow CPF members greatly appreciated - especially those who communicate with Rob.

Glad you saw this before the Paypal filing is up. At least you will have that option. Good luck hope you get either the light or your money back
    I'm Ryan.

Thank you. I was going to buy a couple of Lummi flashlights, after seeing the raw and wee on his website. I won't be buying after reading this.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by SHTorch View Post
    I'm a noob. Read too many good posts before the bad ones. Order placed via Lummi website 9/13/2012 for Wee SS w/ USB charger. Anxiously waiting for Rob's e-mail saying the item has been shipped. Hope it comes. Will file a claim w/ paypal on 10/26 (within my 45 days) if no communication/progress has been made. Would prefer the light, but at least would like my money back if I will not be receiving it.

Any help/guidance from fellow CPF members greatly appreciated - especially those who communicate with Rob.

Did this light arrive? I have had 4 separate orders with rob in the last year including a prepay on a special, I can say in all honesty I have not had a single issue with the guy. All emails have been answered quickly and all orders were dispatched when he said they would be.
    The only wait I had was on batteries for a wee and he sent me a spare one free to make up for the short delay. If you are worried about your order based on what you read on cpf I'm not surprised and don't blame you, i was too. However in the interest of adding balance to this thread (and indeed sub forum) I feel I should share my experience.

Flashaholic

I should point out that my post above is not in any way meant to excuse what has happened to others or condone previous actions by rob. I am merely stating my own experience and speaking as I find

Quote Originally Posted by apache blue View Post
    If you are worried about your order based on what you read on cpf I'm not surprised and don't blame you, i was too. However in the interest of adding balance to this thread (and indeed sub forum) I feel I should share my experience.
    I'm sure the members here with outstanding orders will be so pleased to hear how Rob has improved his customer service.

Your good news will do nothing to convince those members that Rob has changed his ways until all of those outstanding orders are fulfilled.

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I'm sure the members here with outstanding orders will be so pleased to hear how Rob has improved his customer service.

Your good news will do nothing to convince those members that Rob has changed his ways until all of those outstanding orders are fulfilled.

Norm
    I'm still happy with my only personal experience with him, a repair on an older Raw, but given his flat refusal to address any of his older customers, I'd think one would be best not dealing with him at all unless they could hold the light in their hand before they handed him the cash.

Too bad, since they are such wonderful little lights, and although I don't use my NS Raw or NS Wee much at all, they're not going anywhere anytime soon.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

I'm new to this forum, so at first a warm hello to everyone around here!

Date of order: 8th August 2012 via PayPal
    State of order: Germany

-----------------------------------
    Purchase Details
    Description:Raw NS XM-L, Item no:0003 , Raw NS locator Options: Raw NS 2 Ice Blue H3 , Raw NS XM-L White Ģ70: 40/250
    Unit price:85.00 GBP
    Qty:1
    Amount:Ģ85.00 GBP
    Description:USB Charger, Item no:USB Charger , USB Charger: USB Charger
    Unit price:8.00 GBP
    Qty:1
    Amount:Ģ8.00 GBP

Subtotal: Ģ93.00 GBP
    Postage and packaging: 5.00 GBP
    Total: 98.00 GBP

Payment: 98.00 GBP
    Received: nothing
    last Email contact: 18.09.2012 with the promise of shipment at the end of September 2012

Even if i missed the 45 days within i have to contact PayPal, i will notificate them of this case.
    I can't understand that someone like him is still listed as a seller.

If i don't receive my order within November 2012, i will try to contact Customer Organisations in the UK.

Kind regards
    Ceekay

Thumbs down Re: Has Anyone Received a Lummi Order Recently? 18 Months and Waiting...

I placed an order for a Lummi Wii package on 12-25-12. After multiple emails to Rob, each time with a promise that my light will be "shipping out next week" I still have no light. I have been MORE than patient with this so called "man". I was told that the package/light was IN STOCK when I originally ordered it... CLEARLY a lie. I kindly have asked for a refund of my money and I'll repurchase it when the light is actually ready to ship. He NOW INFORMS me that he is going through hard times and doesn't have the funds to even refund my order, but if I give him time, he promises me that he'll get me my light. I informed him I was going to file a complaint with PayPal... only to find out that those corksuckers only look into a claim if its within the 45 days of the original transaction! I informed them that it often takes 3 months or more for these custom builds. Still no avail!

What is my next option here... besides hoping that SOMEDAY my light will arrive? In Montana, dealings like this are often dealt with in a no nonsense justifiable way . Be glad that water seperates us from the UK. I really do love Rob's products and he has been prompt to respond to my emails, but WTF? His business ethics or lack there of are horrible. I really hope he gets his stuff together and things work out for him. His lights are awesome. Sorry to vent people.
    For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (Ephesians 5:8 NIV)

Hey Dan, when you paid with paypal was it linked to and paid with a credit card? If so, and depending on the time allotted to do so by your credit card provider, you may be able to initiate a chargeback.
    Click Here to view my lights

Quote Originally Posted by moshow9 View Post
    Hey Dan, when you paid with paypal was it linked to and paid with a credit card? If so, and depending on the time allotted to do so by your credit card provider, you may be able to initiate a chargeback.
    Thanks Moshow9. I spoke with someone live at PP and they advised I speak to the bank as well. I'll still give Rob time and hope he comes through. My money is as valued to me as the next guy though and I'll continue to pursue options to recoup it unless the light ships sooner.
    For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (Ephesians 5:8 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by djans1397 View Post
    Thanks Moshow9. I spoke with someone live at PP and they advised I speak to the bank as well. I'll still give Rob time and hope he comes through. My money is as valued to me as the next guy though and I'll continue to pursue options to recoup it unless the light ships sooner.
    I understand wanting to give the benefit of doubt to him and another chance to make it right but his history as of late has shown the odds for this happening are slim to none. As nice as his lights are, I would strongly urge you to pursue getting your funds returned to you. His lights pop up on the secondary market fairly frequently and there is also the option of requesting one through a WTB thread. Rob has burned a lot of people and the excuses are always the same no matter the time of the occurrence. He will occasionally ship out lights but what determines who's order he honors is something only he knows.
    Click Here to view my lights

The guy has years of history proving him to be a liar and international double-dealing thief. I understand your desire to own some of his lights, and I have a couple myself, but to tell the truth, you'd be best off getting all your money back and having one of the custom makers build you something better than what Rob has ever been capable of.
    While his designs are excellent, the light engines from a mechanical perspective are not nearly up to grade when it comes to comparisons with any of the other light makers here on the forums.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

...I was told that the package/light was IN STOCK when I originally ordered it... CLEARLY a lie. I kindly have asked for a refund of my money and I'll repurchase it when the light is actually ready to ship. He NOW INFORMS me that he is going through hard times and doesn't have the funds to even refund my order, but if I give him time, he promises me that he'll get me my light...
    That was similar to the experience I had a couple years ago. I ordered a light from Rob in January 2011. I confirmed by email that it was in stock before I ordered it. I never received the order. After months of email exchanges with promises that it would ship out in a week or two I finally asked for a refund. He said he was having hard times financially & was not able to refund me.
    Last edited by blackfly; 03-06-2013 at 06:25 AM.

What a A**beeep**e! Iīm sorry but thatīs just what he is. Itīs really sad since I do like his lights (had 18 back then, luckily ordered while he was still right in his mind). djans1397īs case is the reason why I really donīt want to read from people anymore who recently ordered and received their lights. Who cares about some lucky ones if he still rips off others. I just donīt understand how someone like this can still receive payments through paypal. His account should have been shut down long time ago.

Eric

Iīm waiting for a WeeAg since Sep.12 --If i see his releases of New DropIn`s and upgrades Iīm gettin Mad

That was probably the last time.

So theres no other option , just wait and hope he didnt goes in EasterVacation.

Best regards , Johannes

I wish more people were buying from him using PayPal or a credit card, and putting a stop on the payment while submitting a fraud report on him.

Apparently he's decided that since he's not getting punished, and he's able to get peoples money without giving them anything, he's going to keep on doing it. Very low form of personal values from this once highly regarded maker.

A Muyshondt Aeon is light-years ahead of the Lummi Raw. Yes, they are very expensive, they use a battery you can actually buy in a store, and they have regulated output, and the bang-to-buck ratio is greater than zero -- because Muyshondt will actually ship the product to you after you pay for it.

Yikes, I have just ordered an XM-L2 pill and a few cells. I had assumed all this would have been cleared up months ago but obviously not. Rob and I have always had good history though (a good proportion of the text on his website was written by me). This strikes me as a situation that has got out of hand by mis-management and squandering of customer's money on things other than what has been paid for. Until a product is delivered, the money is still that of the customer, and does not become the property of the retailer to spend on R&D until they have fulfilled the order.

Tell him that. He still owes me a Raw SS from 2011.

I'm filing a formal complaint with the FTC. They DO NOT look too kindly to buissiness practices like Robs and actually since its an overseas company, falls into the category of international fraud. A HUGE deal with the Feds and such. Rob has no idea the can of American whoop ass I'm about to open up on him. Pray for his soul!!!