ArmyTek
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Wave of Mule & Haiku lights using the Cree XM-L LEDs

Default Re: Wave of Mule & Haiku lights using the Cree XM-L LEDs

Hey Don, I just recieved my new Haiku XM-L 2XAA and its a beauty now I am all set for the move to Florida. Thanks Craig
    I Have A High Art: I Hurt With Cruelty Those Who Wound Me. (Archilochus 650BC)

I just sent an email to place an order for the XML Mule.

Excellent choice! I carry one everyday. Welcome to McGizmoland!
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Unenlightened

My Haiku XM-L shipped today. Should arrive tomorrow as I'm only an island away
    Last edited by salsadj; 04-11-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Don,
    just sent you an email ordering 1 Haiku XML CR123.
    I await for your response.

Thank u.
    Last edited by Timager; 04-30-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: font

Thank you!

Enlightened

It's agonizing waiting to buy my 1st McGizmo (Haiku XM-L). Once Don gets the 1x123 McClickies in, one will hopefully be on its way to me.
    This is only my 2nd post and I've been a flashaholic for about 6 months, but already I'm aiming high!!

Don has already impressed me with his professional, courteous emails trying to help me out.

Anyone here had one shipped to the UK? If so, how long did it take? Did the customs man stick his nose in your parcel?

For the time being, i'll just keep drooling over the McGizmo pics all over this site.

Another buyer driven here by my Haiku Love Letter - shouldn't I be getting a commission for this? Like, 10 sales equals half off a new Haiku or a free LE or something?

Congratulations Raven, you made a great choice!
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Hey Don, I am having a slight problem with my Haiku XM-L 2XAA, I am getting some flickering on the middle and high settings and was wondering if this is normal for this light. I tried to email you but the address is no longer good for some reason if you could email me at crb2126@yahoo.com I would appreciate it. If you think I need to send it back could you include your shipping info also. I have moved to Florida since I got the light and have to use a public computer now and it might be a few days before I can check my email. Thanks Per-Sev

Hi Per-sev,
    It took me a while to find where I posted about what I believe you are experiencing. Start at post #35, HERE. Does this sound like your flickering? At any rate, I don't knopw why I wouldn't get an e-mail from you but I am sending you one to see if we can open a communication link.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Good news, there is nothing wrong with my light I just never used it candle mode before so I never saw the slight pulse it has when you first turn it on it stops after its warmed up. Don was nice enough to call me and explain everything that I needed to know and we actually talked for about a hour. This is why there is no better light out there than Don's he does extensive testing and takes the time to make sure his customers are happy with there light, and I am very happy that Don suggested going with the XM-L because the beam pattern is perfect for my use. On low it lights up my hole living room so that's one reason I had never used the other settings that much but when the power went out at my nieces house and I used the middle setting that's when I noticed the slight pulse when I first turned it on but it stopped after a few minutes just like Don said it would so there is nothing wrong with my light and I would like to thank Don for making such a great light. Per-Sev

Don is the greatest to deal with. I felt like the experience alone was worth the money.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Another buyer driven here by my Haiku Love Letter - shouldn't I be getting a commission for this? Like, 10 sales equals half off a new Haiku or a free LE or something?

Congratulations Raven, you made a great choice!
    Sure was a good review. Tipped me over the edge!!!
    It was shipped on saturday so hopefully will be with me in a week or so.
    My Haiku has got over 7200 miles to travel (direct didtance between Don's house and mine) so I hope she can keep herself out of trouble and teporarily blind any snooping postal worker!!!!

I'll let you all know my 1st impressions any may put a few pics on too.
    I might even take some unboxing pics just to show everyone how Don's lights arrive and are packed. I couldn't find any pictures of this anywhere. I assume it's just a well packed USPS box with just the light in with no spare etc.

Anyway, need to get off to bed as the more I sleep this week, the quicker it will come!
    I think about McGizmo's almost as much as thinking about what men mostly think about!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven-burg View Post
    Anyway, need to get off to bed as the more I sleep this week, the quicker it will come!

Goodnight!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by Raven-burg View Post

I might even take some unboxing pics just to show everyone how Don's lights arrive and are packed. I couldn't find any pictures of this anywhere. I assume it's just a well packed USPS box with just the light in with no spare etc.

I pack and ship the lights with a focus on minimum expense and land fill material. The owner's manual and operating instructions are hopefully already in your head so no reason to waste paper....
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Flashaholic*

Don, you should include a warranty card although nobody will ever need it.

Enlightened

Naughty Re: Wave of Mule & Haiku lights using the Cree XM-L LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    I pack and ship the lights with a focus on minimum expense and land fill material. The owner's manual and operating instructions are hopefully already in your head so no reason to waste paper....

You mean there's not even a `10% off your next order' voucher!!!
    I think about McGizmo's almost as much as thinking about what men mostly think about!!

Enlightened

Hi all,
    Wow, my XM-L Haiku arrived from Don in just over 5 days. That's pretty amazing I think. It spent a total of 4 mins in customs!!!
    Also I would like to say how professional Don is to deal with, a real pleasure.
    Now for the light. I cut open the USPS flat envelope, unwrapped the light from the bubble wrap and admired its shear beauty. I'd read as many reviews as possible before and they all mentioned the ergonomics/handling so I was interested to feel it for myself. I can say this is the most pleasing light I have ever handled and probably ever will! I cannot put this thing down. As for the finish, it is PERFECT, and I do mean perfect! This is machining at it's best. My Sunwayman V10R ti had some perfectly acceptable swirls and machining marks and I was expecting similar hear but I was so wrong.
    I won't ramble on much more as I'm still playing with it but I'm happy as you can probably tell.
    What more could you ask for, top notch service, fast shipping, great beam, nice and bright floody cool beam, 3 very well chosen levels and a god like finish.
    Maybe some pictures I think over the weekend for those of you who need further pursuading.
    Thanks Don

Sweet! Glad to hear you love it as much as some of us do. The Haiku is a super EDC; she's pretty but don't let that stop you from using her. Carry that thing and revel in it' flawless utility.

The second Mule that I ordered from Don shipped out yesterday. It has always been a pleasure dealing with Don and specially that this is my 4th light from Him. But yesterday Don outdone him self and shipped the light before I even knew how much the amount due to send him. This is one of the nicest things anyone has ever done to me.
    Don't get me wrong its not like I'm gonna consider it a gift , But the mere fact that he trusts me enough to send it made me very happy.

I don't have to report back here about the mule and my impressions because as usual those lights are perfect in every aspect

Cheers to Don for an all around lovely experience

Hi Don,

is the Mule head shortly available and ready to ship?

Is it possible to ship registered airmail?

Many thanks for a quick reply...
    Greetings from Germany
    Toby
    Glowworm Vol.2 (a new design) -click-

Hi Toby,
    Yes, I have mule heads available. I don't ship via registered airmail, sorry.

Don,

one quick question. How does the head work with a twisty body?
    Can i still select all levels of brightness or only high by rotating?

Many thanks for your help.
    Greetings from Germany
    Toby

Quote Originally Posted by toby_pra View Post
    Don,

one quick question. How does the head work with a twisty body?
    Can i still select all levels of brightness or only high by rotating?

Many thanks for your help.
    I don't know what twisty body you are referring to but if it breaks the power circuit path in twisting then you should be able to access all three levels by a quick on-off-on cycle in twisting.

Ahhh ok, i am speaking of a TNC Twisty Body
    Greetings from Germany
    Toby

Hi Don - I sent you an email on 6/14, not sure if you got it or if it landed in your spam folder.

Thanks - Chris

Enlightened

Hi Don,
    I sent you an email on 06/21,I'm not sure if it went through or not.
    Thanks,
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by nguyet16 View Post
    Hi Don,
    I sent you an email on 06/21,I'm not sure if it went through or not.
    Thanks,
    Tyler
    Hi Tyler,
    Sorry! I just found your e-mail in my spam folder. I will get your request processed and shipped out tomorrow.

Enlightened

Hi all,

Has anyone done runtime tests/exact lumen level readings on the XM-L Haiku?
    I couldn't find details anywhere so appologies if I've missed them.