• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Triple Cree XM-L T6 Dropins for D size Mag-Lites

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
Triple Cree XM-L U2 Dropins for D size Mag-Lites

IMG_7377s.JPG

IMG_7381s.JPG

Assembled Dropin with single mode driver in white or neutral white: 80€
Assembled Dropin with version A or version B driver in white or neutral white :
85€

Parts can also be bought seperately:
Reflector: 6€ each
Heatsink: 17€
O-Ring: 0.50€
Single Mode Driver: 20€
Multi Mode Driver Version A or B: 25€
Cree XM-L2 U2 White: 8.50€ each
Cree XM-L T6 Neutral White: 8.50€ each
Triple Star Board: 3€
Triple Star Board with LEDs: 28.50€

Shipping:

Germany: 2.20€
International: 3.45€
- optional registered mail: +2.15€
If you are interested please contact me via email:
mail.gif
or PM

Some instructions:

The best way to power up the dropin is using 4-5 lithium ion batteries in series.
For example 4x18650 or 4x26650 batteries in a 4D Mag-Lite.

For the single mode version, just connect the two wires from the dropin to the switch assembly.
Slide it into the Mag-Lite and secure the set screw, that's it.

As for the multimode dropins, the switch needs to be converted to a momentary switch:
[click here]

also take a look into the datasheet of the driver
Update 02.08.13
Cree XM-L2 U2 available in 6500k

Update 31.07.12:
Now in brightest U2 (6500k white) and T6 (5000k neutral white) bins

Update 11.08.11:
Parts available seperately

Update 03.06.11:
Now also available in neutral white ( 5000k T5)

Last edited:

ljw2k

Enlightened
Really Nice DW and i will be ordering when funds permit.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
For around $127 US dollars shipped, we get a complete (3 XML LED's, reflectors, multi mode driver) unit and all we gave to do is solder the wires to the switch?

Last edited:

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was also going to ask what tint led is available :)

Later
Kelly

Last edited:

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
:paypal:

Yitao,

85.50 Euros on way to you for following: -

1 x Triple XM-L kit with single mode driver - 80.00
1 x international shipping - 3.45
1 x registered post - 2.05

Many thanks
Stephen

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
For around $127 US dollars shipped, we get a complete (3 XML LED's, reflectors, 3 mode driver) unit and all we gave to do is solder the wires to the switch?

As Yitao has stated, in order to utilise the multimode drivers, you would first need to convert the stock switch in to momentary function, as detailed in the thread he linked to. So not quite as simple as just attaching the wires to the stock switch.

The choice of drivers is actually 4 mode or 6 mode, not three mode. Again, if you follow the link provided to the driver options, all is explained.

I would have actually gone for the 4 mode driver myself, but I can't be bothered with modifying the switch. :shrug: With my luck, I'd probably destroy the switch in the attempt anyway..... :ohgeez:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct, just soldering the wires to the switch whether having to make it momentary or not. I did not expect him to modify my switch for me. In regards to the amount of modes, just fat finger typing on my phone.

As Yitao has stated, in order to utilise the multimode drivers, you would first need to convert the stock switch in to momentary function, as detailed in the thread he linked to. So not quite as simple as just attaching the wires to the stock switch.

The choice of drivers is actually 4 mode or 6 mode, not three mode. Again, if you follow the link provided to the driver options, all is explained.

I would have actually gone for the 4 mode driver myself, but I can't be bothered with modifying the switch. :shrug: With my luck, I'd probably destroy the switch in the attempt anyway..... :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
Any chance of getting these in neutral?
Not yet, on my next order I'll get a couple of neutral LEDs.

For around $127 US dollars shipped, we get a complete (3 XML LED's, reflectors, multi mode driver) unit and all we gave to do is solder the wires to the switch?
Yes, that's right. The momentary switch mod looks complicated but once you understand what you are doing it is very easy. I do it on another way as described in the tutorials which is for me easier. I'll make a video next time when I get a switch in my hands.

Nokoff

Enlightened
Not yet, on my next order I'll get a couple of neutral LEDs.

I'm in for a neutral unit. thanks for offering them. about when will that be if you can?

Yes, that's right. The momentary switch mod looks complicated but once you understand what you are doing it is very easy. I do it on another way as described in the tutorials which is for me easier. I'll make a video next time when I get a switch in my hands.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
im interested in a kit but i have a couple ?'s
can these be used in a 2d or 3d? what would the lumens and runtimes be? and batt conf? thx

beekeeper5

Newly Enlightened
Couple of questions.

1) What tint are the LEDs?
2) When you install the triple XML, is it flush or will there be a small gap protruding just above the head? The reason I ask is that I want to put a 5mm lens on it for diving.

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
im interested in a kit but i have a couple ?'s
can these be used in a 2d or 3d? what would the lumens and runtimes be? and batt conf? thx

Starting at the end and working backwards, you need at least three li-ion cells, or the equivalent, and with that battery configuration, the light would be running in direct drive - not regulated - for most of the time. Four or more Li-ion cells is recommended.

Having said that, runtime is going to be directly dependant on the cells chosen. You could for instance have four 14500 or 14670 cells in a bored out and shortened MagD, four 25500 in a 3D Mag or four 32600 in a 4D Mag. If direct drive didn't worry you, you could have three 17670 cells in a shortened, tri-bored MagD. All these cells have different capacity, and runtime will vary accordingly.

I'll skip over lumens, as I don't know the specifics of the driver being used.

Having mentioned what cells are required and what cells could be used, brings us to whether you could use a 2D or 3D Mag. Again, if you are happy with the light being direct drive most of the time, then you could use three 25500 cells in a 2D Mag with a modified tail spring, or three 32600 cells in a 3D Mag. If you wanted to maintain regulation, you could have four 25500 cells in a 3D Mag with a modified tailspring.

No doubt Yitao will fill in any details I have left out.

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM sent

edit:
:paypal:

for 1 x single mode dropin plus international shipping = 83.45 eur

thanks

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Yitao...you mentioned in the last thread on these drop-ins, you had new reflectors in the works. Are these reflectors different from the ones in the drop-ins I already have?

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
Couple of questions.

1) What tint are the LEDs?
2) When you install the triple XML, is it flush or will there be a small gap protruding just above the head? The reason I ask is that I want to put a 5mm lens on it for diving.

1: should be around 6500k

2: There is a small gap between lens and heatsink.