• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mac Tri EDC Ti and some HDS pocket clips for sale

Brian1911

Newly Enlightened
I have a 2nd run Ti Tri EDC with a 4500k Light Engine that is 1 week old. I have not carried it and it is flawless. It is the new LE which came with what Mac calls a "status red LED" on the board that we have no idea what for. I placed a very small dab of high temp resistant black silicone over the LED since it would project on the wall when on med or low. The silicone is easily removed if desired but I cant imagine why anyone would want to see that red LED. Mac suggested removing the LED but I did not want to damage anything so covering it was the choice I made since it can be easily undone.

In summary some things to mention about the new board are that the bug is gone which caused a flash on high when switching to the low setting. My 1st run Tri EDC has this and when you switch to low setting a burst of high comes on. This no longer happens with the new board in this light. The board is now protected for reverse polarity but you should confirm this or more simply put the battery in the right way. :sssh: The new board has a small delay once the button is pressed and has something to do with that status LED. Before covering the red LED it would flicker red a few times then boot up. Now that I covered the LED only the delay is noticed and not the red.

I will include the wrist lanyard and 2 AW IMR 18350 batteries that have seen only 1 charge each. They are also new about a week old. I will also include a small vile of the krytox 50/50 lube from the sandwich shoppe since it is supposed to be the best choice for Ti threads.

The light is amazing and the reason for selling it is that I already have a 1st run Tri EDC which I carry daily. I cant justify 2 and this one seems to just sit on the shelf.

The 2 pocket clips are for a HDS light with the originally narrow spaced holes. Henry at HDS had to warranty replace my light and sent me a new body with the new wide spaced holes making the clips useless to me now. 1 clip is brand new and that is the bezel down version and the other has been carried showing some wear. Included are some nice screws to complete the look.

The light will be $380 with shipping included.

The used bezel up clip will be $35 shipping included

The new bezel down clip will be $50 shipping included

http://img819.imageshack.us/i/dsc03432p.jpg/
http://img824.imageshack.us/i/dsc03433v.jpg/
http://img217.imageshack.us/i/dsc03435mn.jpg/

Last edited:

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a real beauty at an amazing price. I also have a first run one or this would be mine. I bet this does not last.

Brian1911

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I really like the light. If I only had one it would have been this one to start out with then I would be done with it. Problem is I got the Aluminum EDC on the 1st run and its my daily use light and well used. I just cant see myself carrying another one of these beauties and scaring it up when they are essentially the same.

I must say the 4500k tint is much nicer then the 6500k that my 1st run is. The colors of everything seem pure and real.

Doug

Enlightened
The 4500k is the warmer tint, and the 6500k is the cooler tint, right?

Brian1911

Newly Enlightened
Yes. The 4500k looks like what lights used to be when they had Incan bulbs. Sort of like a car head light vs a Mercedes style head light.

Doug

Enlightened
The light modules are swappable in theses lights, right? I guess I could get this one for now... and see if Mac has a 6500k module he can sell me....

Brian1911

Newly Enlightened
Yes all you do is unscrew the light engine and thats it. Its up to you but if you want the cool tint then you should just buy it that way unless you plan on switching between the 2 for some reason. The other issue of course would be buying directly since it took 4 months for me to get this one, lol.

If you want a tactical light to be used with a gun then I prefer the cool but the 4500k warm is much much nicer to the eyes for every day use. Honestly the slight 1/2 second delay this new board have is why I dont want to use it for daily carry with my gun. I want a light that comes on instant and also the cool version seems brighter and more blinding. If you want to bbq and see the color of meat or see colors of plants then the warm is what you want. The cool makes everything look what some call "flat" and colorless. I have to agree since having the 2 in my hand to compare has shown me what others were talking about.

Brian1911

Newly Enlightened
Dont sound depressed its a gorgious light. So does this mean its sold?

If so i will pm my email address for pp payment

Brian1911

Newly Enlightened
Right on. You mentioned its your first Ti light. What a nice way to start with a Mac. Just wait until you see how fine the threads are. When you screw the head on the seam nearly disappears. It really is a well made and nice looking light.

I went to the Post office too late and couldnt get a flat rate ship box. I will try to see if I have something here at the house I can ship these items in but if not I wont get it in the mail until Wed. I think I have some small boxes I can use here but I will post back in a bit so you guys both know if these will go out tomorrow or Wed.

Thanks

Brian1911

Newly Enlightened
I have just the Bezel down clip left. I have no use for it as it wont fit my new Clicky with wider spaced holes. Make me an offer so I can let someone else enjoy it. The clips are from a member here I think his name was Kenji of Japan.

Latest posts