How many posts do you think you lost in the CPF database meltdowns?

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been a CPF member since last July and between the last major database meltdown and the less serious one just before that I lost perhaps 100 posts. Lately, I notice that some long time members have far fewer posts than I thought they might have had, much more than my experience. What was your personal experience with what happened and how have you dealt with the recovery? Ultimately, I don't believe it matters how many posts one has but, of course, it's a bummer to lose what we've discussed. Thank God for Google cache, eh?

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
I lost about 200. I am nearly back to where I was before the crash. Bummer too, I said some really smart and important things that were lost... :rolleyes:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I probably lost 200-250 it was about 3 months worth I think. once you get over (and stay over) 5000 you get your second * so beyond that nothing else changes.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I got real lucky. I don't think I lost even 1 post, or at least nothing where I said something smart, and I really was grinding my teeth for a while as I had just posted a review that took a month to write! I still had it in backup - I wouldn't take a chance with that - but I can feel the pain of those who lost a lot of posts with good information.

So far, we live on and I think the scar from the crash is not too visible with all the information in here!

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lost 300. For some reason I had a bit more to say in that 3 months. I was posting well over my average :)