new guy trying to build and led headlight

blckwlfny1

Newly Enlightened
Hi All!
I'm trying to build a headlight for this nifty motorized bike I just built and I am having a hard time finding sockets for the. Push-in style flashlight bulbs. I have to build the thing from scratch to maintain the old-style look I'm trying for. But the problem I keep having is that the super-bright LED's (100 lumens each) I need to use only come in flashlight push-in style and I am having NO luck taking the sockets out of old flashlights. I would REALLY appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All!
I'm trying to build a headlight for this nifty motorized bike I just built and I am having a hard time finding sockets for the. Push-in style flashlight bulbs. I have to build the thing from scratch to maintain the old-style look I'm trying for. But the problem I keep having is that the super-bright LED's (100 lumens each) I need to use only come in flashlight push-in style and I am having NO luck taking the sockets out of old flashlights. I would REALLY appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.
You're going to have a hard time at this. To get what you want, buy LEDs (Bare, or on bare stars) and go from there. But I still don't think you'll get performance like that of your original lamp. You'd need custom optics to get a safe and effective light for seeing with.