Au Logan QTC

The New Logan QTC HA is now in stock
    http://www.em-mgt.com/LED/Logan.html
    Thanks
    Bob
    -- RMSK, INC. --
    1-502-327-0135

Default Re: Logan QTC

Bob- Does the Logan QTC keyring attachment come off to allow for tailstanding? Thanks.

Scout24
    Sure does
    Last edited by DUMDUM; 05-16-2011 at 05:48 PM.
    -- RMSK, INC. --
    1-502-327-0135

The QTC switch is something I need to see in action. I look forward to someone who can do a video review of it.

Do you offer these with a SS head by chance? Or maybe just a QTC body? Thanks!
    Lux Ex Tenebris

-My Lights

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    The QTC switch is something I need to see in action. I look forward to someone who can do a video review of it.
    Here's another thread that will give you a bit of a better sense of the QTCs capability.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

Hope to start Logan SS bodies today. We will make four
    knurled sizes: CR123A Key Ring, CR123A Pocket, 17500
    Key Ring and 17500 Pocket.

Curt
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me a PEAK flashlight, or give me the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt R View Post
    Hope to start Logan SS bodies today. We will make four
    knurled sizes: CR123A Key Ring, CR123A Pocket, 17500
    Key Ring and 17500 Pocket.

Curt
    Curt,

Will these be available as just the bodies or will a whole light need to be purchased?
    Lux Ex Tenebris

-My Lights

I think QTC is the best development in Peak lights in a long time. I'm glad Peak is jumping on this technology early too. Now I just need to see if you guys will build one with a neutral R2-4D XP-E and for somebody to see how the momentary switch works with the QTC.

Hope this delay in an answer doesn't mean old PEAK lights will not be able to use the QTC pill or that the QTC bodies to use with our existing PEAKs will not be offered for sale separately.

Quote Originally Posted by JWRitchie76 View Post
    Curt,

Will these be available as just the bodies or will a whole light need to be purchased?

There are a lot of lights to build for the QTC. When we set up a machine
    to run a particular light, we like to do a minimum of 400 units, that includes
    bodies and heads. With the Eiger that is on the Emco MC425 Lathe right now, that
    means about 2000 bodies or so. Aluminum, Brass and Stainless Steel in Key
    Ring, Lug and Pocket. And then heads to match. So do not look for
    independent bodies for at least three months.

Curt
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me a PEAK flashlight, or give me the dark.

Flashaholic

I received my SS Logan QTC yesterday. All I can say is WOW! This is an absolutely fantastic light. It is incredible what a bit of engineering and a tiny piece of rubber can do. This adds a whole new level to these already killer lights. I will be getting more of these (Peak QTC of various varieties). Thank you!

Ah man. Tried to order a ss Logan QTC 17500 pocket and they are sold out. Bummer!

How does the momentary switch work with the QTC feature? Also, Is it possible to get the logan with a wide/floody beam? I have a couple eigers with the wider beam and love them both.

I should have some more 17500 SS in by the time that the kits are in. I can get you a medium optic for the Logan
    which is alot more floody than the narrow optic. I do have a few 17500 in HA left.
    Thanks
    Bob
    -- RMSK, INC. --
    1-502-327-0135

Flashaholic

Which optic is standard in the Logan? For example; I just purchased a SS Logan QTC from you. Did it come with the narrow or medium optic?

Quote Originally Posted by crizyal View Post
    Which optic is standard in the Logan? For example; I just purchased a SS Logan QTC from you. Did it come with the narrow or medium optic?
    I think yours will be like mine which is narrow. Would have been nice to know this beforehand as I do not like narrow beams and last time I bought new Eigers I went with a medium and wide beams, so I know I would never purposely buy a narrow beam. After spending $85 for a SS Logan QTC + $15 for UPS shipping, you might be pissed once you get yours and it's a narrow beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon of Light View Post
    I think yours will be like mine which is narrow. Would have been nice to know this beforehand as I do not like narrow beams and last time I bought new Eigers I went with a medium and wide beams, so I know I would never purposely buy a narrow beam. After spending $85 for a SS Logan QTC + $15 for UPS shipping, you might be pissed once you get yours and it's a narrow beam.

Thats one thing that still bothers me is the high shipping charges

Quote Originally Posted by busseguy View Post
    Thats one thing that still bothers me is the high shipping charges
    glad to know it's not just me then.

I dont mind the shipping charges. I have had several problems with USPS in the past (lost packages, late deliveries, bad customer service). I find that UPS is more reliable, for me at least.

If not for the $13 shipping charge to MA, I would have ordered at least two Peaks already. I ordered an Eiger AAA from Peak directly in April and the shipping charge was $5. However, it took Peak over six weeks to get my light to me with no communication or status updates at all even though I emailed them three times for an update. I realize they are extremely busy with the QTC launch, but they should hire a customer service person to handle the phones and emails. The wait was certainly worth it, but would have been easier if I had a little communication along the way.

After reading about the Logan QTC, I know I will break down soon and order a SS model - I am very intrigued by this QTC technology. Does the QTC break down and need to be replaced? If so, does Peak warranty it or sell replacement pieces?

Update - I broke down and ordered a SS 123 Logan QTC on 7/1. Bob was very helpful in answering my questions regarding the QTC via the online chat.
    Last edited by sassaquin; 07-03-2011 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by sassaquin View Post
    After reading about the Logan QTC, I know I will break down soon and order a SS model - I am very intrigued by this QTC technology. Does the QTC break down and need to be replaced? If so, does Peak warranty it or sell replacement pieces?
    It does break down but with the pill, Curt mentioned it should have 1000 cycles before it breaks down. Not sure how they will handle replacements.

Last edited by beerwax; 07-04-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Yes, but then it functions as just a full single power #8 level Peak light. Not sure of the runtime of that in an Eiger or El Capitan but I'm guessing pretty bleak like under 10 hours.

Last edited by beerwax; 07-04-2011 at 04:17 PM.

I have no idea how long the QTC will last in the pill that I
    have made for it. I stopped my testing after 1000 full on
    off cycles and it still seemed to be working the same as
    when I started the test. I did not say that it would work
    for 1000 cycles and then not work, that is what someone
    on here inferred from what I had previously wrote here. I
    had other things to do than sit for hours and twist on and
    off and on and off... As for sending extra parts, that is
    normally a waste as the parts are so small that they are
    easily misplaced, lost in a drawer, and latter what the hell
    are these things? All of those small parts are free for the
    asking, (windows, trim rings, donuts, o-rings), when you send
    a SASE, and the info as to what they are for. We have been
    in continuous business operation since June of 1975.

The QTC pill is easily opened for maintenance if require and
    then reassembled. We modify the QTC material before we
    assemble the pill so as to lessen the force required for activation.
    The Eiger AAA size QTC is different from the larger battery units.

Curt

Kurt,
    Would it be possible to order a Logan #8 wide with QTC and momentary switch in the 17500 body directly through Peak? I have ordered a couple eigers in the past directly from you and was happy with the service. I do not mind waiting either as I know you are quite busy. I would order from Bob but I know he does not have the Logan in a wide optic. Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Lux View Post
    Kurt,
    Would it be possible to order a Logan #8 wide with QTC and momentary switch in the 17500 body directly through Peak? I have ordered a couple eigers in the past directly from you and was happy with the service. I do not mind waiting either as I know you are quite busy. I would order from Bob but I know he does not have the Logan in a wide optic. Thank you for your time.
    +1 I'd like to know the same thing.

Guys you can check with Curt I don't believe that we make a wide optic in anything but the Eiger. I would carry it if we did.
    Thanks
    Bob
    -- RMSK, INC. --
    1-502-327-0135

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast