• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: Milky ML4 Boxter **SOLD** Beamshots!

nbp

Flashaholic
Bad for me but good for you, it is time to sell my lovely Milky ML4, as I am researching another big light purchase.

This is a wonderful light. I sent this L4 to Milky to make it a bit more functional as an EDC light. It is now a super useful tool! If you love the E/L series lights but always wanted a super high and super low mode added in, this baby is for you!

I would put the condition at 95%. I cannot find any marks that would even show up on camera. To be honest, the light looks brand new to me. A speck or two of ano on the knurling may be missing, but that is often the case even on new SFs it seems so that may have been there all along.

Milky Tape:

This ML4 is fitted with a McClicky in the tail, and in the head Milky put a Lux K2-TFFC-UWOE emitter and his Acorn 1.3 (Califon Firmware).

There are 4 modes: candle, low, med, high; with memory function. These translate into roughly 0.23/7/66/285 lumens. :eek:

This light can run safely on 2x123 or on 1 rechargeable. It delivers a solid hotspot, but still maintains much of the spill of the original L4, definitely a versatile light.

A couple quick photos are below. If you need more pics or have questions, just ask and I will help you out ASAP. Thanks for looking!

Price is $220. *$205* til midnight Mon.

Fine Print:

PP only please! Price includes PP fees and shipping in the USA. I will ship Priority with Insurance for selling price. If you are international, contact me first for shipping.

ml41.jpg

ml42.jpg

ml43.jpg

ml44.jpg

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: WTS: Milky ML4 Boxter *Price Drop*

Apparently people only want the lights that put out 1000L anymore I guess..... Seriously, this is still a pocket rocket in my book, and has Milky's high quality mods driving it! You know you want it! :poke:

I reduced the price more and upgraded included shipping to Priority with Insurance. Buy it today, it'll ship Monday morning and you will be playing with it by Wednesday!

StrayLight

Enlightened

Reflector or optic?

Milky's Acorn driver plays well with rechargeables, but the stock 2-cell Lumamax bodies don't usually fit protected rechargeables without boring... has this one been bored? Can you confirm that it accepts AW or similar protected cells?

precisionworks

Flashaholic

For people not familiar with the L4 beam pattern (or the Milky beam pattern) a beam shot would be a great addition to this thread.

nbp

Flashaholic

Hi all, good questions. This one has a reflector. I am out of the house now but when I get home I will check on the AW 17670 fit and try to take a beamshot or two. What would you like me to illuminate? And would you like any comparisons from the lights I have in my sig?

nbp

Flashaholic

I checked and this light fits the AW 17670 with label still on with NO problems. I popped one in for the beamshots below. :rock: Also works well with primaries if you prefer. And again, it has a reflector.

I would agree with regard to high output lights for EDC, not that useful. The nicely spaced levels on this one will take care of nearly any situation, from late night sneaking about, to bump in the night investigations. Very handy torch.

Beamshots coming up! Now, these are the ONLY beamshots I have ever done, so apologies in advance if they suck, I'm trying. If they are bad I can try again for you, but here goes: Several lights used for comparison purposes, ML4 is the 3rd picture. These are shining on a blue plastic Adirondack chair against our second garage, the light is about 20 inches off the ground on another chair, and the garage is about 20 yds away.

SF T1A on high

t1ai.jpg

Ra Clicky 170 on burst

ra1z.jpg

ML4 on high

ml4k.jpg

P60L G2L

g2lqt.jpg

NB SST50 in SF C2 on high

95565646.jpg

precisionworks

Flashaholic

pretty nice beamshots for your first try :)

The ML4 certainly continues the Wall of Light tradition of the original L4.

nbp

Flashaholic

pretty nice beamshots for your first try :)

The ML4 certainly continues the Wall of Light tradition of the original L4.

Thanks! :thumbsup: Maybe I should be doing more of them!

I specifically told Milky I wanted to keep a lot of flood. And he did it! I actually forgot how good this beam was until I did these shots. If I wasn't hankering for a Haiku, I'd keep this thing. It has all the throw of the clicky 170 plus more spill! It seems to flood the forground more thoroughly than even the sst50, amazingly. I hope those shots are helpful. :)

nbp

Flashaholic

A special "World didn't end yet!" deal today!

If you buy this light by 12 midnight CST tonight you can have it for just $205! I think that's a pretty nice deal. It'll go out Monday morning if you act now.

nbp

Flashaholic

Thanks brother. :wave:

Special price extended 24 hrs, til Monday midnight. Probably won't be seeing it go much lower than this.

tsl

Enlightened

Do you have estimates of runtime for the different levels? Also, with this firmware, do you tap without clicking to move through the levels? Is it one tap for level 1, two taps for level 2, three taps for level 3, etc? I assume this firmware has a memory mode so it remembers the last level accessed?

nbp

Flashaholic

Hi,

Milky's estimate as far as runtime was 40-60 min at or near max on a pair of primaries, after which it will dim gradually. So I'm not sure what that exactly means as far as what you can expect with rechargeables, I believe it will be longer, correct? The lower modes obviously will be significantly longer yet, although I can't tell you how long. I could try contacting Milky if you need more specifics. I probably have only run 2 sets of cells through it the whole time I've had it, using high just for short bursts here or there. I'm sorry I'm not better with the calcs involved with runtimes and such. Bad flashaholic. :shakehead

As far as mode changes, yes it functions as a traditional forward clicky: Soft presses till you get to the mode you want, and a hard click to lock it to constant on. It has a memory function as well.

Do you have estimates of runtime for the different levels? Also, with this firmware, do you tap without clicking to move through the levels? Is it one tap for level 1, two taps for level 2, three taps for level 3, etc? I assume this firmware has a memory mode so it remembers the last level accessed?

nbp

Flashaholic

Hey hey!

This light is SPF. Once funds are cleared, I will update the title to SOLD. Thanks.

Latest posts