End of the World this Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
As some of you have heard, especially here in NYC, the World is apparently ending on May 21st, 2011. Or this Saturday. (Whichever comes first.) ;)

So how do you plan on spending the very last weekend in the history of the world? I'm likely just going to catch up on some sleep. How about you guys?

Also, I've heard that the world isn't ending. Just the world as we know it is coming to an end. If that's true, I hope so! This world could seriously use improving. But let's stay on-topic. Weekend plans? . . .

Last edited:

Imon

Enlightened
Re: End of the World this Sunday.

I'll probably be asleep then.

This planet has been around for about 4.5 billion years and will be around for billions more I'm sure.
As for our species - who know? I'm not worried though.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

~

NO ..... NO ..... NO

You got it wrong ............

It all ends in 2012 ..................... not THIS year .

~

flashflood

Enlightened
The world ends every day. Then you wake up.

It's quite a leap of faith, isn't it -- letting yourself fall asleep?

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's time to put on my WWWWFWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD? bracelet.

What does it stand for, you ask? What Would the World Wrestling Federation, Woodrow Wilson, Wet Willie, Wesley Willis, Wade Wilson, William Wyler, Wendy Waserstein, Walt Whitman, Willy Wonka, Wim Wenders… Do?

I'm not sure what Jesus would do, but I was just going to relax this weekend until I came across this thread! Dangit now I have to go out and finally lose my virginity, buy UFO abduction insurance, make sure I leave enough change in my pocket to meet "Do" next to comet Hyakutake, meet Marshall Applewhite and David Koresh along the way, man the list just goes on!

Last edited:

Acid87

Enlightened
I'm working. Enjoy my job though so not too bad. So I'll probably die will sliding down a 426m zipline. Fun times.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

~

Uhmmmm ...... do we have time for just one more housing bubble ?

and get to see the price of silly Gold go back to 163.00 an Oz.

I'm SO glad I won't actually have to pay off my inflated house mortgage .

~

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

:thinking: but may 21st is a saturday

Monocrom

Flashaholic

:thinking: but may 21st is a saturday

Ooops! I'm usually off on Friday. Been that way for quite awhile. I still get confused at times with dates, when it comes to weekends.

24 hours less time it is then. I decided to go into Manhattan on Saturday. Looks like I'm going to be in a trendy spot for the end of the world. Unless it's going to happen in the morning. In which case, I'll be sleeping in.

One silver lining . . . I won't have to pay off my student loans. :thumbsup:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast

~

NO ..... NO ..... NO

You got it wrong ............

It all ends in 2012 ..................... not THIS year .

~
National Flashlight day 2012. Or for the Muggles the Winter Solstice.
I saw the movie, knows what's coming.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Apparently the end of the world was re-scheduled, and pushed up. Don't you hate it when that happens. I had plans. This weekend is actually bad for me.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

At least I'll have my Kroma Mil-Spec...pending a horrible accident with the USPS Delivery Truck. Maybe I'll just take it easy at work tonight???

+1 what flashflood said...it could end today...5 minutes...4 hours...13 hours. Next year. 5,000 years from now. Who knows.

Although I do believe we are closer, rather than further, from it happening...as all Christians know, for Revelations to come true, Israel had to be a "place"...a "state"...or Revelations wouldn't make a lot of sense...that happened at the end of WWII. If it's supposed to come "like a thief in the night", why is this guy advertising it every-where?

With that being said, think I'll grab some Guinesses, and grill some steaks this week-end.

Greta

Flashaholic

I hope to be kayaking under the London Bridge and taking some fabulous photos... think I might could win an award or two for my photos of the end of the world? :thinking: ... it's worth a shot! :grin2:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope to be kayaking under the London Bridge and taking some fabulous photos... think I might could win an award or two for my photos of the end of the world? :thinking: ... it's worth a shot! :grin2:

Good luck getting the pic's processed though...once the zombies set-in and the grid collapses...LOL!

Greta

Flashaholic

Just saw the funniest thing on my local FOX news out of Phoenix... the weather guy just showed the 7 day forecast and starting on Sunday and running through next week, the forecast is "Cancelled due to the world ending and all"... LMAO!! :crackup:

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bugged out a few weeks to get ahead of the rush :tinfoil:

:nana:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
To Do:

-zombie proof windows and other entry points
Check.

-stock up on primary AA cells and D cells
Check.

-get new bicycle pump so when there is no more fuel, I can still get around
...need to do that.

-pay off VISA bill
...need to do that. They will come after you!

-prepare super-secret spaceship to leave planet in worst case scenario
:whistle:....

prof

Enlightened
I'm going to watch our daughter's ballet recital. There's no place I'd rather be than with my family, come what may. However...I wonder what everyone will be saying on Sunday?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Update from The Atlantic:

God works in strange and mysterious ways -- and so does Harold Camping, the evangelist who has declared that the rapture previously scheduled for 6 p.m. May 21 could start as early as 11 p.m. May 20 in California (so check your local listings).

Camping told The Atlantic that the 6 p.m. time is local, which means the apocalypse starts when it hits 6 p.m. at the International Dateline at 180 Longitude -- roughly the between Pago Pago, American Samoa, and Nuku'alofa, Tonga.

Just in case you're keeping score, Camping says the first official sign of Judgment Day will be an earthquake of previously unprecedented magnitude.

Looks like we'll have to start partying like it's 2012 tonight..

Status
Not open for further replies.